shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
My dear experts, I survived the payment process and came out on the other side. Fb vendor was very patient and held my hand. Well he checked my screenshot to make sure I picked the right bank. I am going to wait til February to do the setting instead of rushing even though the settings I want are simple. I am so excited :lol::lol::kiss2::dance::lol-2::love::wavey:

Glad you survived it! I’m in your shoes now and trying to figure it out!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @fantapanda hope your transaction goes smooth as silk, though given current circumstances in China, I suspect you might need to be very patient with your vendor.

In honor of your user handle, here's a photo of DW's 24k panda pendant set on icy jade with a touch of moss. I bought this on a whim, and DW has not yet allowed me to take a photo of her wearing it. :eek-2: :mrgreen2: Soon though, it's growing on her, I'm pretty sure of that. :)

24K Panda Pendant 1.jpg

Last edited:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @ChaiK, would you mind walking through how you got the seller to provide their bank details for transfer wise? he gave me the bank name in chinese and transferwise is only recognizing english characters.

This thread has been so informative and I just took the plunge and bid on a leaf. Just trying to figure out how to wrap up the transaction now.

I suggest not buying. There are so many leaves you will be able to buy them later on, when the Coronavirus outbreak is sorted out. Unless of course, this particular leaf is super good value and very very lovely.

He is unlikely to be able to send. I just read on another vendor's FB page that all roads are closed and he is unable to enter the city to send goods. This is Sihui city, not even Wuhan. You can cut and paste the message below to translate. This is from another vendor.

因疫情比較嚴重、四會市場全部封閉、道路交通全線封閉、目前無法到達四會、開工日期現在不能確定、所以發貨其它事務,等本人到四會後發貼通知各位兄弟姐妹

Best to ask the vendor when he will be able to send, before paying. He is also slow in sending out items. So best not to buy just yet. If you pay now, I anticipate you receiving it only in June, if you factor in the virus outbreak plus his habit of delaying stuff (up to 3 months).

I used UnionPay by Transferwise. So I would not know which bank name.

Alternatively he has a Singapore bank account and you can ask him for information on that.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Another caveat: even if he tells you that he can send out immediately (which he won't because he has told me that he would and he did not), he won't tell you that China Post is delaying the delivery of items. China Post have assured that items will be disinfected before delivery. I am not sure how long that procedure would take.

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
hi @ChaiK , thanks for your insight and advice! that’s incredibly helpful to know. I wasn’t aware the quarantine was so widespread. I’ve only looked at a few of the live streams on FB and it seemed
like the vendor was slashing the prices (i.e. the seller in the background would mention a much higher price in the thousands and the salesperson would say a few hundred instead for price). Perhaps this is their standard? For example, the leaf I got was less than USD100 and I thought it looked good.
FD916E18-A10F-4C95-A37D-7B985CE53289.jpeg

It did take him a while to respond in FB about payment, so I guess that’s something I should have picked up on.

Thanks again for your invaluable insight and I appreciate you sharing your knowledge, tips and info with us! Seeing all the jade you have definitely piqued my interest in jade items!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Hi @ChaiK, would you mind walking through how you got the seller to provide their bank details for transfer wise? he gave me the bank name in chinese and transferwise is only recognizing english characters.

This thread has been so informative and I just took the plunge and bid on a leaf. Just trying to figure out how to wrap up the transaction now.

There are quite a few of us who can translate Chinese into English, if you trust us.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Hi @fantapanda hope your transaction goes smooth as silk, though given current circumstances in China, I suspect you might need to be very patient with your vendor.

In honor of your user handle, here's a photo of DW's 24k panda pendant set on icy jade with a touch of moss. I bought this on a whim, and DW has not yet allowed me to take a photo of her wearing it. :eek-2: :mrgreen2: Soon though, it's growing on her, I'm pretty sure of that. :)

24K Panda Pendant 1.jpg

:kiss2: love that 24k gold! I often forget what I'm missing out on because I dare not wear 24k in public and don't wear much jewelry at home.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
This article also confirms that even if vendor will send, your item will be significantly delayed.

It isn't just Wuhan. Services in other areas of China are affected.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I heard earlier today that the government is extending the holiday through February 9. Unfortunate time to be buying jade from China.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that vendor I like a lot has bangles too! Thing is, when can he send out? I probably would wait. But . Look north of the picture. Lovely pale translucent icy ones.

Last edited:

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
[
Glad you survived it! I’m in your shoes now and trying to figure it out!

@fantapanda did you survive the process? I have his information still if it is the same vendor @ChaiK used. Then you can confirm with him if this is his account. Sorry I didn’t see your post earlier.

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
i remembered @mellowyellowgirl and @ChaiK advice, so I am waiting patiently to have my jewelry made. The mosaic masters are not back yet but I am okay with waiting.

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
Oh, that vendor I like a lot has bangles too! Thing is, when can he send out? I probably would wait. But . Look north of the picture. Lovely pale translucent icy ones.

I want to buy so bad when I saw him post this pictures. I was asking for bangle sizes for all of my family.

I hope everyone is safe and healthy during this time. It is hitting a lot closer to where I am living in the US than I thought it would

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I want to buy so bad when I saw him post this pictures. I was asking for bangle sizes for all of my family.

I hope everyone is safe and healthy during this time. It is hitting a lot closer to where I am living in the US than I thought it would

Oh, he just said on 12 February, he is doing a live show on these bangles and to get ready for sizes. I see nice green ones here and there but it is not very clear in the pictures. Maybe ask him to pick a nice one in the colour that you like.

On the positive side, he sent some items right after Chinese New Year, before the lock-down in China escalated, and although there has been a delay, they are enroute here. So they will arrive. Just how long. I don't know. You can ask him. He is honest and his workmanship is very good. I will post later on so you can see the fine detail he goes into.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I have two more items to set with him. Me too, I am sitting tight and waiting for the master setters to return. I am not in a hurry for these two anyway.

Here is his latest posting on the sale of these bangles.

Last edited:

Maddiewin

Shiny_Rock
They're here. Posted from China on 29 January, before the lock-down escalated to other cities outside of Wuhan.

Impeccable workmanship by the vendor that I like a lot. https://www.facebook.com/gdzenghui

1581442801049.png
1581442861871.png
1581442897723.png
1581442944507.png
@ChaiK i can’t wait to be able to inlaid mine into rings. I don’t think mine will have diamonds like yours. I definitely have ideas on what to do later with other pieces. I wasn’t so lucky last night with the bangles. Nothing caught my eyes except for one bracelet but I think the cargo owner was asking too much. Some of other buyers were trying to help me understand. I think I am gonna try to learn my numbers in mandarin so I can understand what price they are calling out. I always seem to hear the price 380 for some reason :lol-2::mrgreen2:

Noodlez

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, I have been lurking on y'all's jadeite conversation for awhile and it has been SOOOOOO helpful and you guys have some very beautiful pieces!!!

I took the plunge and reserved 2 pieces (a non-heated red jadeite leaf and a very cheap but cute small goldfish) from 曾輝 (the seller on FB that was recommended here). Now I have to figure out how to pay him... Can anyone help me with his information? Can I pay him via AliPay in TransferWise or PayPal? We need the recipient's name and address in English in order to do a direct bank transfer or AliPay with TransferWise here in the US. I messaged several other similar sellers on FB from China to ask about payment methods and most of them cannot tell me the account holder's name and address in English. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 12.23.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 12.23.25 PM.png

Also, I would like to make the red leaf into a pendant and the goldfish into a ring. Should I just ask him? If he is going to set it for me then do I pay for the stones now then the setting/labor/shipping when they are completed?

Thanks!!!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Please try sending him a message on Facebook. Nice pieces you have chosen.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Because, I don’t know, but it feels iffy announcing personal bank details on a public forum.

Noodlez

Rough_Rock
Hi @ChaiK, you are right, I didn’t think about that o_O. We were messaging on fb after the show and I asked him for his Alipay number and English name and address. He only gave me his number and a Chinese name:cry2:.

Thank you so so so much! I really like those pieces and want to buy more from him later so I want to set up his payment account.

Last edited:

Noodlez

Rough_Rock
Ok, I’ll ask for his UnionPay and hopefully it will work. Thanks again!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I’ll ask for his UnionPay and hopefully it will work. Thanks again!

Use Paypal ask him to sign up with an English email address then all you do is pay it.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Noodlez I used Google translate for this details and then used transferwise. It worked!

But yes it's kinda stressful because you're doing it blind and it's all in Chinese when they send the information to you!

Noodlez

Rough_Rock
@Noodlez I used Google translate for this details and then used transferwise. It worked!

But yes it's kinda stressful because you're doing it blind and it's all in Chinese when they send the information to you!

OH, so you can translate the account name and address into English then enter it into TransferWise??? That would be great!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results