shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking of warm stones in yellow gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I was cruising through SingleStone''s website and found this never-before-seen beauty!! I''m seeing my one carat M oec in there!! Would you add a little engraving?

singlestone MIZTR.JPG

honey22

Ideal_Rock
That''s a fabulous setting, with or without engraving!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 6:37:04 PM
Author:Upgradable
I was cruising through SingleStone''s website and found this never-before-seen beauty!! I''m seeing my one carat M oec in there!! Would you add a little engraving?
Hm...I don''t know...It''s definitely pretty but I''d add something? The stone and setting don''t seem to mesh for me....

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my stone again, to visualize. And here''s another of SingleStone''s ring with engraving. What about adding a little of this?
DSCN3874a.jpg

singlestone DC93-2.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like your stone in the first setting.
1.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Whoops! Attached the wrong picture.
emembarrassed.gif

singlestone DC93-22.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 6:45:24 PM
Author: Upgradable
Whoops! Attached the wrong picture.
emembarrassed.gif
Uh, that looks like the same pic?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Yikes! Okay, I give up. Anyway..... I think the first setting is a bit cool, but it just needs a little more.... sumpin. Dunno what?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw a lovely ring on ebay Link I wish I had the cash to buy it! (totally nothing to do with what you asked but I thought I would show you anyway lol)

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!!! You do know that the other "project" I have in the works is a three stone with 3 oecs (.80 with 2 .40s). This one I want to be more vintage in nature, like the bad purchase I made a couple of months ago. Imagine this setting done well... like the SingleStone that I posted TWICE above.

platOMC3stonecomposite2.JPG

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That 1st picture is YUMMY! Do you have a link?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its going to be lovely! I can''t wait to see it all finished and on your finger!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I really like the plain YG setting...it would really make your gorgeous stone the center of attention
36.gif

That 3-stone is gorgeous!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Maisie, which one?
31.gif

Here's the link, aprilbaby: SingleStone

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 6:37:04 PM
Author:Upgradable
I was cruising through SingleStone's website and found this never-before-seen beauty!! I'm seeing my one carat M oec in there!! Would you add a little engraving?

oooo, Upgradable i love that!

i can see what you mean about adding a lil' sumpin, but then i also love the contrast and simplicity. i think that is what i love.

did i miss something, are you nixing the JM/CM for your OEC?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
No, still letting the ideas ferment in my head. I just thought this was interesting and wanted to hear what others thought of it. Right now the JM is in the lead, but I''m worried about its delicacy being too thin for me.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I love that Singlestone setting. I could see a nice 1 carat M in there too! In fact, I would consider doing a bezel instead of prongs and I would consider taking a ball peen hammer to the ring to give the metal some texture and make it look more "hand made".

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Texture, that''s exactly what''s missing. As for bezeling it, I kind of like the look of this setting. It embraces and holds the stone, but the prongs still give a bit of a nod to vintage.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 8:27:57 PM
Texture, that''s exactly what''s missing. As for bezeling it, I kind of like the look of this setting. It embraces and holds the stone, but the prongs still give a bit of a nod to vintage.

Well, if you get it and they won''t planish it for you, I''ve got my hammer right here!
9.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 8:31:46 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu

Date: 3/4/2009 8:27:57 PM

Well, if you get it and they won''t planish it for you, I''ve got my hammer right here!
9.gif
hee hee hee
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Whatup UP? I actually saw a 4+ carat omc in a setting very similar to that one at SS, and it was gorgeous!! I don't think it needs engraving. It's a different look though--the rich yellow gold and the old stone. A departure from the Edwardian and deco styles I'm used to seeing with old cuts--definitely has an ancient/contemporary feel, and the chunky facets just work with it. Big fan here! I've been daydreaming of that setting for awhile--wish I'd set my oec in something like it, and yanno, I just might in the future!

eta: and if you got in higher karat gold, the softness of the metal would give it a natural texture--the ring I saw was high karat, and it had texture without engraving. mmmmmmm

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I noticed this setting on their site a little while ago (this and the rose-cut in the bezel really stand out from their usual style)
I definitely prefer the prongs here...
hard to say on the engraving... seems like you could start with just a little... it wouldn''t look quite right and you''d end up with a lot!

Maybe just a few gypsy set melee on the shank?

I wish there was a hand shot of this!
I really like it (and your stone would look gorgeous in it!), but I do feel like it needs a little something -- it could just be that the right band will compliment it perfectly!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 8:50:52 PM
Author: coatimundi
Whatup UP? I actually saw a 4+ carat omc in a setting very similar to that one at SS, and it was gorgeous!! I don''t think it needs engraving. It''s a different look though--the rich yellow gold and the old stone. A departure from the Edwardian and deco styles I''m used to seeing with old cuts--definitely has an ancient/contemporary feel, and the chunky facets just work with it. Big fan here! I''ve been daydreaming of that setting for awhile--wish I''d set my oec in something like it, and yanno, I just might in the future!

eta: and if you got in higher karat gold, the softness of the metal would give it a natural texture--the ring I saw was high karat, and it had texture without engraving. mmmmmmm
....and I''m a little different, so I may have found my match!
41.gif

I''m glad to hear that you saw the setting and were struck by it. As you can tell by my journey to find the "right" mounting for this stone I''m looking for a cross between vintage and modern. I''ve gone from Leon solitaire to Sholdt semibezel to James or Caleb Meyer to SingleStone. Pretty soon I''m going to have to get therapy over this stone. I''m having a sparkly identity crisis!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
haha Up! I feel ya! Do you wear a lot of yellow gold? I''m just now starting to wear it. I like to mix it up and wear white metal with yellow.

The only cure for a sparkly identity crisis is...MULTIPLE sparklies!! Mix it up!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

I''m a jewelry wh*re! I wear yellow, white, two tone, mixed metals, different genres.... I''m an equal opportunity lover! Though at heart I''m a yellow gold girl. It was the first to steal my heart, and I''ll always love it the most.

I wasn''t planning on wearing a band with it, but I do love this beauty from EricaGrace!

prettyyellowgoldband.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
LOVE that! mmmmm rose cuts. All right, next time I need a good *enable* I'm giving you a shout out. Though, I pretty much enable myself!
31.gif

...and I think you do too--heh heh
27.gif

Now Up, is this an alternative e-ring (+ possible w-band) or another ring for a different finger?

I wantwant a yellow gold wedding set alternative...

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I LOVE that band! I think the yellow gold setting is fantastic and would look great with your stone but I agree that it needs a little something extra to really complete it...

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Thanks upgrade. It really is classic, but different. Kinda like I imagine myself.

Coati- my original wedding band is a 4mm comfort fit yellow gold band. I have a .80ish oec in vintage claws that I wear with it when I want something smaller or yellow. I haven''t shared that one on the board. I think people probably get bored with all my different tangents!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
how about a small, flush set ruby either side of the basket on the shank? engrave the basket, and extend a little of the same engraving around the rubies?

alternately, add platinum wraps either side of the head? yellow gold wraps?

just a few thoughts...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Lovin'' the eye candy in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results