shape
carat
color
clarity

speaking of hair...ladies if your man was going bald..

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
would you prefer him to wear a toupee or do a Donald Trump? ... :bigsmile:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I convinced him to shave his head and he now looks much sexier :naughty:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
neither...just let it be.

FI's dad is bald, I am hoping FI holds onto his hair! so far so good :)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, neither of those options are fair! If I HAD to choose, i'd guess a toupe - Donald Trump looks horrendous. Shaved would be my top choice :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly I'm likely to lose my hair long before he is, if what's currently on our heads and family history (with the sole exception of my maternal grandmother) is anything to go by! He has ridiculously thick, fast-growing hair.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooomph...a toupe? uhm... no sir, thats a FAIL.

Granted, there are other treatments besides wearing a rug that balding men can do, so they're not without some options. Women also can go bald and I encourage them to explore those same options (hair restoration) They're now doing trials which restore hair with your own stem cells.

-A

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Hair restoration or bald. NO toupees or combovers! Althought the superficial part of me really hopes he'll never go bald, and he's lucky that his family history shows lots of hair at old age.. but you never know.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
My DH was going light on top when I met him. I told him to stop the deep side part - - on the first date - - "because REAL women don't care about your hair". He thought I was insufferably rude. :bigsmile: And then he was sucked in by my charm.

No. I would not ask him to wear a rug. If he had wanted to go all "Hair Club For Men", he should have done it before he really did have a bald spot in the back. Too late now. He would be teased unmercifully by everyone he knows if he started wearing phony tresses.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1305759785|2925205 said:
Sadly I'm likely to lose my hair long before he is, if what's currently on our heads and family history (with the sole exception of my maternal grandmother) is anything to go by! He has ridiculously thick, fast-growing hair.

Same here Yssie!

FI has very thick hair, his father is not bald, and his mother has the thickest braid of hair I've ever seen.

Sadly, baldness runs in my family!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dancing Fire|1305759354|2925198 said:

Is this like one of those "Would you rather have the power to carbonate liquids by sneezing, or have every food you touched turn to tapioca?" things? Because, uh, neither. Bald is beautiful, baby!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My preference would be shaved, or trimmed short. Definitely no toupee or comb-over!

I have a friend who makes her husband wear the most hideous/obvious/matted toupee ever (only when they go out). When we are at their house, she lets the world see his balding head (abiout 75% hair gone). When they go out he HAS to wear this thing that looks like a shunken piece of steel wool that doesn't even match the color of the rest of his hair! I have no idea why they think it's fooling anyone?

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely NOT the combover. I agree with the ladies who already responded - just go ahead and shave it all.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
My grandfather did a combover for years and it was actually awesome when he shaved it and now my dad's going through the same thing. :lol: Silly man.

FI keeps his hair super super short anyway so it wouldn't be a big deal.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
So ladies...

If you were going bald, would you shave your head?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1305761168|2925240 said:
So ladies...

now this i wanna see...pics please... :bigsmile:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Hey, DF quit asking for my pics all the time

And yeah, I would totally rock the shaved look!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I love my FI's shaved head and refuse him to grow hair back (not that there is much there :bigsmile: )

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1305761168|2925240 said:
So ladies...

probably not since I don't even look good in short hair :blackeye:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
DH is on the way; in fact he was when we met 34 yrs ago. It is what it is. I don't care. No shaving, no rugs, ick ick ick no comb-overs!

--- Laurie

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
DH was already thinning when I met him but I don't even really notice it. I did suggest that he trim it pretty short so it looked less like he was trying to hide it, so now it's less than a quarter inch long and it's so soft and fuzzy. I like it.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Mine is bald and when we started dating he went from shaving what was left off every three weeks to every Friday. It's the only way to go!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think some bald men are very sexy.

DH has a thick head of hair, but if it ever starts to go I'm going to encourage a full shave!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
He is going bald! His hairline is receding and he is developing the faintest hint of a bald spot on the top of his head. So far it looks fine. He says he'll shave it all off if he gets to the Patrick Stewart circa 1995 stage. He calls that mostly bald with a ring of hair look the "Picard Fringe" and you have to be fairly distinguished to pull something like that off.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I don't think the Donald has a toupe. I think he had bad plugs in the olden days but that's his hair. It's hideous.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I don't like the look of men trying to hide their lack of hair. Embrace it, shave it, keep it short, whatever you want to do. But, a toupe or a comb over just look silly to me.

If I were going bald, I don't know what I'd do. I look and feel terrible with short hair. It would be a disaster.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1305759354|2925198 said:

Neither. Rock the bald head.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We shave the peach fuzz he has left on the top and keep the sides short. Bald is beautiful!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't say anything unless he asked and just let him figure it out. Because I'd be pretty miffed if were going through something like that and he was very opinionated on what made me look better. I'd prefer it if he focused on making me feel better instead.

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Neither! But I guess if I had to choose.. a toupee! I don't think I would want him to shave his head either. Some guys look awesome with shaved heads, but I don't think his head shape would look good completely hairless.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Okay, given that it's an either or in the original post, toupee.

IRL, neither. Rogaine it if you want or jut let it go naturally, keeping it close cropped.

If I were losing my hair, I'd probably do a comb-over. Women can easily style their hair to hide less fortunate places, as we've all discovered while recovering from a bad haircut. If it was really bad, I'd do a wig.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results