shape
carat
color
clarity

speaking of dresses...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been doubting my choice in dress for a few months now, to the point where I''ve spent part of tonight emailing a couple places for quotes on other dresses. I loved it when I tried it on -- I didn''t even want to take it off! -- but when I look at the pictures I''m not wild about what it''s doing to my hips and stomach (especially from the front). But I''m wondering if that''s because the sample dress is too big, and when I get my dress altered to fit it will be fine. Honest thoughts?

BlenheimDress1.jpg

BlenheimDress2.jpg

BlenheimDress3.jpg

BlenheimDress4.jpg

BlenheimDressDetail.jpg

Oh yeah, and I''m a little flabbier in that picture that I am now. I think that was taken about six weeks after back surgery, i.e. many many months of not being able to exercise.

By the way, I''ve also been really out of sorts today for other reasons, and I think I may be channelling my anxious/upset energy into picking apart my dress instead of addressing the real issue at hand. I''m just not sure what I''m thinking at this point. I just trust you girls to help me.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
wow!!! i think you look gorgeous in the dress you have. i love the detail on the hem and the shape of the dress looks beautiful on you. i wouldn''t change anything about it.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks fabulous on you, and it also fits your venue really well (IMO).

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
it''s gorgeous on you, the shape is very flattering to your figure,

and the detail is beautiful, i wouldn''t change it

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
You look beautiful in it! If you''re flabbier there, then heck, girl, you''re gonna look awesome in it! You have the figure to pull off the dress, no worries there! I can''t wait to see what it will look like when you have it actually fit to you. I definitely think you would be nuts to seek something else...you have the perfect combo of elegance, classic, and modern right there! Now, if I could only find something like that... :)

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, NO--you''ve been bitten by the bug also!!!

I think your dress REALLY is perfect--you have the perfect shape to carry off that dress and the detail is beautiful. Have to keep in mind that IS a sample, so it will look funny because even if you clip it the extra material will hang in the wrong places--it''s not you, or the dress style, it''s the extra fabric...which to be honest I don''t see anything wrong or funny looking in either area. I think it really looks perfect on you--this is the kind of dress I wish I could have pulled off!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blen, I love the way that dress looks on you! And if you''re worried about the belly/hip thing try it with some of those shaper pantyhouse or something like that (although I personally don''t think you need them
2.gif
) and see if you like it better.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Agreed.

It DOES look great, and it will only improve with fittings. Embrace your curves! This dress shows off your body in a fantastic way!

~ I wouldn''t change it at all ~

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I think the dress looks great on you! If you are at all worried about the way it looks in the front, I would suggest getting a thin corset. I had one with my dress and it makes everything lay more smoothly on your body. I thought that it wouldn''t make much difference in how the dress looked, but it kept it from bunching and just made the dress fit much more smoothly. You can get them at most bridal shops, by the way.

*M*

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
You look Gorgeous in your dress! And you''ll only look better with being a bit more in shape and having the dress fitted to you! Don''t worry!!

I second the corset/spanx undergarment thing as it might make you feel more comfortable.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for all of the replies, girls. I am feeling a lot better about it today. I''m going to go to my first fitting at the end of February/beginning of March, and hopefully seeing it in the right size will help as well. And I do now have Spanx, and I have a long line bra in the mail that''s supposed to arrive in about two days now -- is that close enough to a corset to work well? The back is low enough that I have to be careful that the bra dips down enough.

My parents have just separated (it''s been 10 days, and the d-word came up yesterday), and I couldn''t tell if I was transfering emotions about them to other things. I''ve been a bit of a mess. It''s a lot better getting an outside opinion, and I definitely trust all of you. (FI doesn''t want to see the dress or hear any details -- other than that it''s ivory -- before I walk down the aisle.)

Oh, and something good! I wasn''t entirely sure what he would think about the sillouette, but then I showed him some of the ones FacetFire was thinking of, and he said "what''s going on with the shape of the skirt?" I explained that that''s a certain type of sillouette, and he said "Oh, I really like that." Phew.
9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it will look great. Another thing that would help would be your undergarments to wear underneath. I purchased a one-piece that includes cups a slimming middle section and it turns into boyshorts at the bottom. It sucks everything in and you can't see any lines with the dress. This would help take care of that tiny little bulge you are not liking right now. Seriously, this thing works wonders!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif
Aww, sorry to hear about your parents, Blenheim! I''ve missed you here on PS, was wondering a few times where you went!

I think your dress is gorgeous, and once it''s altered will look perfect. You are by no means hippy nor do you have a belly issue! I remember going through the same thing with my dress and really scrutinizing my wedding pictures--what I saw as "flaws" so many other people did not even notice! We are are own worst critics, unfortunately. You are a beautiful girl with a fantastic figure, though, and that dress is flattering to no end. Feeling like you never want to take it off speaks volumes more than pictures you ponder over will ever tell.

Do spend some time after it''s altered correctly trying it on and posing, silly as it sounds. There are certain poses such as keeping one foot infront of the other which will make your hips seem slimmer...remember always to angle your hips instead of standing with your ankles together in pics. Also perfect your posture and tighten your abs for every pic--it will help convey that already porportioned look you have. Most importantly, put those shoulders back! I know you have back issues, but if you concentrate on rolling back those shoulders and standing as tall as you can you will look even slimmer, if that''s possible! What a beautiful dress and veil, though...you look fabulous!
36.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I think you are lucky to have a shape that is flattering in that style of dress. a lot of girls look too hippy in that style, but you look classy and hot at the same time.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That dress is gorgeous and you look gorgeous in it. I think the "rear view" is perfect as is -- you have nothing to worry about there. As Monarch said, the front is probably more a question of stance than anything else. I haven't experimented with Spanx, but... sometimes more control is less flattering. Be careful not to overcontrol!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I hadn''t even thought of posture -- I have a feeling that standing up straight and keeping my shoulders back would help a lot too. That was close enough after surgery that I was just trying to stand in ways that minimized the pain, and I''m certainly well enough to stand up straight now! Thanks!

And thanks for all of the compliments -- I''m feeling a lot better.
1.gif

Monarch -- In December I was going mad trying to study for finals, and then once I was visiting family over Christmas I didn''t really have internet access. I got onto my FIL''s computer in their back room a couple of times (once to post all of those pictures!) but we were running around town so much that I didn''t get to do that a lot. I''m currently signed up for a classload that should be extremely work-intensive, so I might be on sporadically, although with our wedding coming up I''m sure that I''ll need a lot of advice.
2.gif
I definitely miss all of you when I''m not on as much!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking exactly what Monarch posted - your back was likely bothering you in those pics! You silly girl, you are supremely hot and elegant in that dress and you don''t need a new one.
28.gif

Sorry to hear about your folks. Call me if you want to talk or meet anytime your classload allows.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad you''re feeling better about your dress! I think it looks great on you!!!

Sorry about your parents, I''ve gone through a similar experience, although mine ended up staying together, but I understand it''s hard. If you need to grab a drink, call me up!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous and is only going to look better on you now that your back feels better and you've toned up even more than before! No worries!
36.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I think everyone second guesses their dress choice after they''ve chosen it, because it takes awhile to order and all the while you think...hmmm maybe i made a mistake, but once you put it on again you''ll know why you picked it and you will relax.
1.gif

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love this dress!!!

It is very very similar to what I want, but not as long of a train.

And you do not look flabby.
1.gif

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
Blenheim:

It''s a beautiful dress, and it looks fabulous on you...I love sweetheart necklines, they just are soo perfect for bridal gowns...

Cheers!
35.gif

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
What hips and stomach?

Seriously, you look gorgeous in that dress. It is stunning and elegant. It does fabulous things for your figure!

You are going to be a striking bride!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results