shape
carat
color
clarity

Speaking of color . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of color,

what was your favorite color when you were young? Least favorite? Has that changed? Do you tend to buy stones that color?

---

My favorite color since way young was green. It still, pretty much, is. My colored stone collection is predominately greens and blues.

Was never much into red, although I can handle it much more in the cold winter months. My taste has remained the same on that also. (Even though I do have a red spinel on my short list.)

You?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
It''s interesting because deep/navy blue, olive/emerald green, purple, gold, brown, rich yellow, red and orange flatter my skin tone. So I tend to wear those colors. Black, especially, is the staple of my wardrobe. But when it comes to colored stones, I don''t get as excited about blue or green stones. My eyes are attracted to reds, oranges, yellows, browns, peaches, salmons, pinks and purples.

I will take a pad or purple sapphire over a blue one any day! Rubies and red spinels are also call out to me.

I especially love salmon/peach colored diamonds and gemstones.
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Red was my favorite color as a little girl, and it still is my favorite color. I love red gemstones, and it is a challenge to find red ones that both appeal to me and are affordable. My least favorite colors are black and orange.

I prefer red gemstones that are a pure red, or a bit on the purple or blue side. I don''t like orange-reds at all. I also like blue sapphires and yellow sapphires and yellow diamonds. I guess I am a primary color sort of gal. Green gemstones, with a bit of blue are also nice. I am more likely to wear pastals in the summer, and prefer stronger colors in the winter.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
This is a very interesting thread.

When I was younger, I liked red, pink, purples. I don''t think that have really changed but now it seems my likes have grown to include most all colors. I love blue sapphire but when I see a vibrant pink or purple, I seem to go more toward that.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to love purple. Now it seems I like certain shades of every color, and don''t really have a preference for just 1 color.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I used to love blue and purple when I was younger, ond one color I really DIDN''T like was pink, felt it was too girly for me
5.gif
Now my favorite color is pink/red and am not particularly excited about any blue stones
4.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Good thread idea Sonoma!

I loved blue, and still do - it''s by far my favorite color. I''m drawn to basically bright medium shades, as well as lovely turquoise and cerulean colors, sky blue, etc. I think I gravitate to those stone colors too! With my sapphire, tourmaline and now the spinel...I think I''m going to try for a color palette of blue
2.gif
(my rapidly thinning wallet blames you and your thread
3.gif
)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue has always been my favorite and most of my gemstones are blue - sapphire, spinel, tanzanite and aquamarine. I like purple too and have an amethyst set. I started liking red and pink after finding a pink sapphire ring a few years ago. I only recently ventured in to green and have some green garnet and sapphire jewelry now and most of my clothes now are green.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had and have no particular likes or dislikes. For some reason, I have a disproportionate number of green gems.

My favorite color is green when I was younger AND now. But I have a lot of blue stones.... I like purple too... so.. anything in the "cool" family really. I just got a new emerald green purse today, does that count?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I have always loved greenish blue and orangey pink. I buy stones in those colors frequently. Gemstones have made me appreciate colors I never liked before--like pure reds, greens, and blues. I will collect many colored gems, but I prefer to wear peachy and aqua colored stones in jewelry.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
My favorite color has always bee yellow (hard to figure from my avatar...), but I appreciate stones in all colors, for one reason or another. However, there are colors I know don''t look nice on me, so eventhough I find a combination of turquoise and diamonds to be a great one, I can''t imagine wearing it. Same goes for anything pink or lilac, eventhough I find kunzites and pink corals to be very beautiful - on someone else. I guess I only don''t prefer colors like those of most indicolites or blue spinels, and those that tv shopping channels are trying to sell as "champagne"
20.gif
But I don''t think those champagnes even qualify as colors.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I used to LOVE purple... and now I LOVE GREEn.... but when it comes to gems, I think I like them all, even the browns!
35.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to love all colours especially pink. My colour pencils will be new-ish looking except for the pink which will be almost all used up
9.gif

Now I hate green and have a mild dislike for pink.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I like just about every color there is in a gemstone. I think it''s easier if I tell you what I don''t like, all by itself, YELLOW!! I love greenish yellows in diamonds and high RI stones, but I cannot stand straight yellow stones. I also don''t care much for colorless stones, but that''s not technically a "color" so it doesn''t count!!

I do tend to be very drawn toward seafoam greens and blues, and orange pink (without brown of course).

I''m not crazy about brown either, but I will tolerate in a brown shade is a diamond because they tend to also have nice seconary modifiers and all that sparkle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results