shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparkly's 1.79 OEC from JBEG

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Back in December, my DH lost a ring he had inherited from his great-grandfather. Fortunately, it was insured and he generously shared the check with me to get this beautiful diamond. I'm sure a lot of you know this beauty is from JBEG and the diamond is something else. Grace is wonderful to work with and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for that "special ring". ha ha I also worked with Dave Atlas to appraise the stone. He is totally awesome too! He did the appraisal and emailed everything to me and still got it to me on a Saturday even though he received it on a Wednesday. Finally, I worked with Ari at SS to polish the girdle of the diamond as it had a couple of very minute chips in it and it was bruted. While I didn't take pictures of the diamond before the polish, I can tell you that I'm so glad I did this and the difference is AMAZING! Again, I highly recommend Ari/Heather to anyone who is interested in working them. I'll post the pictures I took, but they're crap, to be honest and don't even give this diamond justice. So, I'll also post a couple of pictures Grace/Erica took of the diamond before I bought it.

OECKisses.JPG

OECKisses2.JPG

OECPaper.JPG

IMG0032[1].jpg

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
In the 2nd picture, it looks the diamond is hazy, but it absolutely is not! That would be due to my horrible photography skills. ha ha
The specs from Dave are:

1.79 OEC-Transitional cut diamond
L Color
VS2 Clarity (which may have changed due to the polish)
7.94x7.83x4.75 (no loss due to polishing)

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Yay :bigsmile: I am so glad the polish worked out good and that you have the beauty in your hands, finally! The pictures look great. Does it perform just as good in real life as it did in the jbeg pictures? How are things going on the setting?

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Armywife. YES!!! It's performance is amazing! It's picking up pastels from nowhere in one of the pics. There were no kisses around it or anything. ha ha I'm saving for the setting. I've discussed a custom bezel with Grace/Erica, but still have to save. Ya know, I keep going back to the Sophie from VC though...that's a lot of saving. ha ha

ETA: Armywife, have you decided on a setting? :naughty:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! Can't wait to see it set and on your finger!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you DS and Yenny!! I can't wait either. ha ha My taste in settings seems to cost $$$, so it'll be a little while, but I'd rather take my time then go from setting to setting.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
SparklyOEC|1328397466|3119171 said:
Thank you, Armywife. YES!!! It's performance is amazing! It's picking up pastels from nowhere in one of the pics. There were no kisses around it or anything. ha ha I'm saving for the setting. I've discussed a custom bezel with Grace/Erica, but still have to save. Ya know, I keep going back to the Sophie from VC though...that's a lot of saving. ha ha

ETA: Armywife, have you decided on a setting? :naughty:
I am so glad you are loving it! I feel ya on the setting issues, I can't seem to make up my mind.

I was originally going to accept the full amount my hubby offered to save for the setting, around 8k. With that budget I was going to get the VC bezeled Sophie, or the Julia from jbeg with their elyse band. Instead I am going to stick with a 1-3k and put the rest into savings, especially since I have already spent a great deal more on the diamond than we originally budgeted for. In my 1-3k budget I am going to either stick with the Gabbie it was currently set in, the Julia, or the vatche u113. I will probably get a pace band with single cuts from jbeg with any of my current three options.

I think it would be interesting to see what bezel design they come up with! I think the Sophie from VC would be a stunning setting for the 1.79.However, If you are wanting this to be it's forever setting, then you need to follow your heart and get which ever you love the most! It will be worth the wait :))

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning- cant wait to see how you set it!! :)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a beauty...classic beauty! :love:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone! Can't wait to see what you do with her :love:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Amy's Bling, Mayk and HOT (just love that acronym for your name...ha ha). Any setting ideas from you wonderful ladies are welcome!! I'm open to quite a bit except the fact that I will set it in a bezel for sure! You ladies have recently gotten some beautiful bling bling yourselves! :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it is stunning :love: :love: :love: :love: I can't wait to see how you set it! :bigsmile:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Skippy! You know I love your stone too and can't wait to see how you set yours!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that's really beautiful!!! :love: Looking forward to seeing it set!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Junebug!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL! Seems beautifully cut. Post more pics once it's in a new home! :love: :love:

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! Beautiful faceting on this one.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ihy138 and InnaR! The faceting is truly stunning. I will try to take better pics of it today sometime.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I took some new pics that I think came out a lot better so just wanted to share them with you all.

oec close up 1.JPG

close up 2.JPG

close up 3.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful SparklyOEC :love:

luckky

Shiny_Rock
I'm drooling over that pretty on JBEG's site all the times :love: so happy that our Pser got it! congrats and I bet it supper sparking pettier IRL. Can't wait to see when you put that in the setting will be stunning.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you bright ice and luccky. It's really pretty IRL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very pretty.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Marcy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results