shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparkly Setting!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Googleman

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have a setting with other diamonds that they are blown away by?!?!

I have looked at a number of settings and know that I want something rather thin with a few tiny channel set diamonds on each side. I have identified the style I like. However, I visited Bailey Banks and Biddle this past weekend and their settings just blew me away. Even the tiny side stones were sparkly. They didn't have the exact style I am seeking, but I really appreciated the quality of their settings because they were so sparkly. Although I have seen other settings where I have preferred the style more, I really want something of the quality I have seen at their store.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
It could be that you are noticing the lighting in BB&B. Make sure you can see diamonds in natural lighting before you make your decision.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also if you dont find exactly what you are looking for, see if you can have something made by a jeweler. We consulted with our jeweler and he gave us a price that was about 1/3 of what we'd pay regular retail by having it made custom. Then you can specify what quality of side stones you want as opposed as being at the mercy of what is already created for general public consumption.

And as the previous poster noted, some stores have special lighting to make the stones show more brilliance...I love BBB's stuff too, but I read an article recently about how they didn't rank the best in a consumer diamond comparison/study as the diamond they sold was a few grades in color beneath what the sales receipt said, etc. So if you buy from them, just be sure to take it to an independent appraiser after to be sure all is well.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results