shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparkly date no. 2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So my bf TJ and I have found the perfect ring. It''s 18k WG with a 1.25 ct oval center stone and thin micro pave shank and halo. I love it. The only problem is that the original center stone-while beautiful-was an H SI 2-3 with a large cloud on the left side next to the girdle between the prongs. It was an inclusion that couldn''t be hidden. That was the only inclusion, however once you knew where it was we felt it was glaring. So Saturday I was supposed to go in to the jeweler to look at a new stone. It was an I but next to the white of the halo it looked more warm than I wanted. So I decided that I didn''t want to go any lower in color than an H. Well tonight is date number 2. We''re going to go and check out some more stones. YAY :) I can''t wait. I hope we find the perfect one. Once we have the stone, we can get the ring set and on to my hand in no time. I need a little sprinkle of PS fairy dust ladies....

emotion-19.gif

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
sending a ton of ps fairy dust your way... hopefully you''ll find a stone you love soon and have that ring on your finger.

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
I hope you find the perfect one! I think it will just jump out and bite you when you see it! Here''s all my positive vibes coming your way
36.gif
One step closer to the hand!
I found the setting I absolutely love, but finding the center stone has proved to be a test. Most of our searching has been online, but this weekend we''re hitting the pavement in pursuit! Good Luck!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a little dust for you too! *************************************************

sred2

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 3:30:39 PM
Author:Hudson_Hawk
So my bf TJ and I have found the perfect ring. It''s 18k WG with a 1.25 ct oval center stone and thin micro pave shank and halo. I love it. The only problem is that the original center stone-while beautiful-was an H SI 2-3 with a large cloud on the left side next to the girdle between the prongs. It was an inclusion that couldn''t be hidden. That was the only inclusion, however once you knew where it was we felt it was glaring. So Saturday I was supposed to go in to the jeweler to look at a new stone. It was an I but next to the white of the halo it looked more warm than I wanted. So I decided that I didn''t want to go any lower in color than an H. Well tonight is date number 2. We''re going to go and check out some more stones. YAY :) I can''t wait. I hope we find the perfect one. Once we have the stone, we can get the ring set and on to my hand in no time. I need a little sprinkle of PS fairy dust ladies....

emotion-19.gif
I got really excited when I read this... because my bf''s name is TJ also!! AND I''ve been leaning towards an oval center stone also!!!
2.gif

Good luck with everything!!

bastet

Rough_Rock
I love oval stones. Good luck on your search!
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
best of luck! Hope that you find a great stone!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We found a stone! It''s an H SI 2 and the one inclusion is going to be under a prong. It''s also a significantly better cut than the last one. No Bow-tie in sight and nothing but sparkle and fire. YAY!!! TJ put down a deposit and the jeweler is going to get right to it. Do any of you know how long it takes to reset a stone? The Jeweler wouldn''t tell me, he thought there should be at least a little bit of surprise. Booo!!!

I can''t wait to show you ladies and get off the LIW list!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, pre-congratulations! Hahaha...your future e-ring sounds gorgeous-I can''t wait to see it!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
ba-bump

Good morning fellow LIW''ers

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your stone! Usually setting a stone can be done very easily and quick - like while you wait kind of thing.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL I don''t think the jeweler and my bf wanted to give me that option...

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on finding "the one!"
Can't wait to see photos!
36.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
ba-bump indeedy! What a nice start to your day Hudson!
9.gif
Yippee!!!
36.gif
Ovals are so elegant, I''m really looking forward to seeing handshots of your ring...
1.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Though the wait is killing you, I think it is fun that your BF wants to surprise you. Can''t wait to hear the story and see all of your pictures!! :)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on finding your stone, it sounds like your ring is going to be gorgeous. I love ovals!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i agree with Haven - that is going to be a gorgeous ring! i love halos around ovals! i cant'' wait to see pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results