shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparklies headed my way - 2ctw diamond huggies from IDJ :)

raindrops on roses

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Just wanted to share my excitement regarding the pair of IDJ huggies that'll be heading my way soon. They should be getting shipped out tomorrow but since I'm not based in the USA, it'll probably be a week or so before I get to see them in person.

Initially, I thought I wanted a pair of WF ACA studs (i still do!), but then I stumbled upon a couple of old PS threads about huggies from IDJ. It was mentioned in those threads that IDJ's prices for the huggies (even at 2ctw) were pretty affordable. So I took a chance and emailed IDJ for a quote. The things PS does to you - I went from "hmm I'm just gonna get a pair of small diamond studs and stay within budget" to "might as well stretch the budget a bit more (no, actually a lot more) to get those huggies now before I get priced out down the road". :nono:

TL;DR - The huggies are 2ctw, PS quality diamonds (i.e. excellent cut, F-G color, SI eye-clean clarity), 18K white gold setting. The following are some preview glamour shots from IDJ. I'll report back on the overall quality when I do receive them. Thanks so much for letting me share!

dsc_8105-1.jpg

dsc_8099-1.jpg

dsc_8091-1.jpg

samanthaxo

Rough_Rock
Re: Sparklies headed my way - 2ctw diamond huggies from IDJ

Those are beautiful! Huggies are my dream everyday earrings. Please post model shot of your beauties once they arrive.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those are gorgeous! Huggies (as well as studs) are just so wearable! I really NEED a pair! :shock:

Pictures when you get them!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

They look gorgeous!! Can't wait to see how they look on!! :)

Wombats

Shiny_Rock

They are gorgeous! Please help me out with my maths.....1ct per earring or 20 points per stone?? They look so sparkly and big! Enjoy [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Q

Queenie60

Gorgeous earrings - congratulations!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wombats|1473718082|4075660 said:
They are gorgeous! Please help me out with my maths.....1ct per earring or 20 points per stone?? They look so sparkly and big! Enjoy [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

You're correct on both counts
Each earring is 5 stones x 20 points = 5x0.20=1

Beautiful :appl: :appl: :appl: can't wait for the ear shots!

Wombats

Shiny_Rock

Thank you PintoBean. I can't wait for ear shots too!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful!! Congrats! I can't wait for modeling shots.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

They look gorgeous and I bet they will be fabulous on! Can't wait for you to get them, and I really hope you post some ear shots!

raindrops on roses

Rough_Rock

Thank you everyone for the kind comments! I'll be sure to come back with ear shots when I receive the earrings :) Can't wait!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

I write this because I think you've made a great purchase.

Yesterday I saw an old friend who, 3 years ago, purchased my diamond huggies from me. She was interested in a single pair of earrings to wear daily, and as I rotate mine daily, I was happy to rehome them to her.

She wears them everyday and never takes them off--"cleaning" them in the shower as she washes her hair. They look MARVELLOUS and are SPARKLE bombs--as beautiful as the day I bought them from Wink.

Diamond huggies are the perfect jewellery pieces--dress up and down. Understated elegance.

Congratulations on a wise (and gorgeous) purchase! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock

These look gorgeous!! :appl: I can't wait to see the ear shots, they're going to look beautiful!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This is really stunning.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pretty sure these are the ones they just posted on YouTube! Beeuuuttiful!!!!!

raindrops on roses

Rough_Rock

GeorgieQ, CravingDiamonds - thanks for the lovely comments!

Canuk-gal - Thanks! Actually I'm more like you instead of your friend, as I love collecting earrings and tend to rotate a different pair each day. But I suspect these new huggies will get worn much more often than the others!

Ringo865 - Thanks so much for the heads up regarding the YouTube video!!! I only got the glamour shots and didn't know IDJ made a video as well! I've now watched it one too many times haha.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

They are gorgeous. You will love them.

Marcy

raindrops on roses

Rough_Rock

Haha looks like Tami did inform me about the earrings video, but I only just saw her email. Here's the YouTube link if anyone is curious:

https://youtu.be/AS7VEqiWudQ

And the ETA of the package is this Saturday, barring any customs delay. That's way faster than I expected!! :)

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

whimsyglory|1473828705|4076241 said:
Haha looks like Tami did inform me about the earrings video, but I only just saw her email. Here's the YouTube link if anyone is curious:

https://youtu.be/AS7VEqiWudQ

And the ETA of the package is this Saturday, barring any customs delay. That's way faster than I expected!! :)

They also popped up on my instagram feed. https://www.instagram.com/p/BKUdBKyAL7w/?taken-by=idjewelry&hl=en

The stones are just spectacular! Enjoy when you get them :love: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those are beautiful!!! :love: Do you mind telling us the specs you asked for? Ballpark price?

Oh, and we need earshots asap after they arrive!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those are beauties :appl:

raindrops on roses

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1473877499|4076491 said:
Those are beautiful!!! :love: Do you mind telling us the specs you asked for? Ballpark price?

Oh, and we need earshots asap after they arrive!

Hi DS, and anyone who may be interested in the same style of earrings, here are some extra details:

In my initial email, I indicated that I wanted a shared-prong closed-basket design similar to the one shown in the following web-link:
http://idjewelry.com/14kt-white-gold-common-prong-no-airline-round-cut-diamond-huggies-2-00ctw-e1957-ijrd.html

However, I added that I wanted to upgrade the setting to 18K and the diamonds to PS quality. That's an additional $400 on top of the price listed in the web-link above.

Regarding "PS quality", I did clarify and have it in writing that it means excellent cut, F-G color, and SI eye-clean clarity. (Tami said there will be no visible inclusions to the naked eye)

The product code of the setting is E4825, and the following is a picture of the setting with measurements. (Sorry the picture is huge but I don't know how to re-size it!)

e4825m.jpg

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock

whimsyglory|1473700427|4075560 said:
Hi all! Just wanted to share my excitement regarding the pair of IDJ huggies that'll be heading my way soon. They should be getting shipped out tomorrow but since I'm not based in the USA, it'll probably be a week or so before I get to see them in person.

Initially, I thought I wanted a pair of WF ACA studs (i still do!), but then I stumbled upon a couple of old PS threads about huggies from IDJ. It was mentioned in those threads that IDJ's prices for the huggies (even at 2ctw) were pretty affordable. So I took a chance and emailed IDJ for a quote. The things PS does to you - I went from "hmm I'm just gonna get a pair of small diamond studs and stay within budget" to "might as well stretch the budget a bit more (no, actually a lot more) to get those huggies now before I get priced out down the road". :nono:

TL;DR - The huggies are 2ctw, PS quality diamonds (i.e. excellent cut, F-G color, SI eye-clean clarity), 18K white gold setting. The following are some preview glamour shots from IDJ. I'll report back on the overall quality when I do receive them. Thanks so much for letting me share!

dsc_8105-1.jpg

dsc_8099-1.jpg

dsc_8091-1.jpg
So lucky!

raindrops on roses

Rough_Rock

The earrings are here!! :dance:

I'm extremely pleased with the earrings - they are really sparkly! :love: The earrings are much sparklier when I compare them to my 37 pointer diamond pendant. (The diamond pendant is a GIA excellent cut and HCA < 2, so I assume it's reasonably well cut.) All the diamonds in the earrings are eye-clean - I scrutinized each one of them and held the earrings probably around 3 inches away from my eyes. I could see some white inclusions here and there when I louped them at 20x magnification, but it's no biggie. As for the color, it's not 100% absolutely icy-white, but they're white enough for me in most angles when I look at them. It's definitely not tinted or yellow, just a softer white. (Could more experienced PSers let me know if this is consistent with F-G diamonds?) The setting is well made and seems secure enough - there is a "click" sound when I close them.

Oh and even though I technically ordered 2ctw, the receipt and appraisal stated 2.23ctw! I guess they hand selected diamonds that were each a hair larger than 20 pointers.

Lastly, I just wanted to add that email communication with IDJ was really smooth. I received timely replies and all my questions were answered in a satisfactory manner.

Okie here are some pictures!

img_4047.jpg

img_4071.jpg

Q

Queenie60

They're beautiful! Congratulations :love:

Shimmer45

Rough_Rock

They are beautiful!! I saw them on instagram & instantly wanted them!! Great choice.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow - what a presence on you!! Stunning! :appl:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOVE these!! :love: They look huge and so blingy on you!!! :lickout:

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock