shape
carat
color
clarity

Sparkle sparkle

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I just found the best lighting for diamonds at my work today. I have a glamcor mirror in my studio (I do makeup) that I actually don’t use the lighting on when I work because adjusting the temperature of the light correctly is not easy to do as the knobs don’t give any indication as to what temperature you are adjusting to. And it’s kind of harsh on the eyes if you are the client so I use The Makeup Light instead and just use the mirror as a plain mirror.

In any case I wanted to take a picture of my ring today and thought what the heck I can use it for that, and wow the sparkles!

Some videos of the bling today:

Mined studs from BGD

Latest ring from Frank Darling

I will have to update this thread with videos of my other bling when I’m wearing it.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
That looks amazing! I love when you find the perfect lighting! It looks so perfect.

I actually ordered a desk light yesterday for work for this reason... I need sparkle! i don't like how my ring looks at work with the plain fluorescent lights ... so I feel like i am insane, and yet here I am among my people - you're all enablers :P2

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That looks amazing! I love when you find the perfect lighting! It looks so perfect.

I actually ordered a desk light yesterday for work for this reason... I need sparkle! i don't like how my ring looks at work with the plain fluorescent lights ... so I feel like i am insane, and yet here I am among my people - you're all enablers :P2

Multiple direct light sources such as an LED strip common in many jewelry store display cases will really light the fire.

Not saying that I'm trying to be an enabler, but you should order at least ten more desk lights! :lol-2:

Calla-lilies

Shiny_Rock
I just found the best lighting for diamonds at my work today. I have a glamcor mirror in my studio (I do makeup) that I actually don’t use the lighting on when I work because adjusting the temperature of the light correctly is not easy to do as the knobs don’t give any indication as to what temperature you are adjusting to. And it’s kind of harsh on the eyes if you are the client so I use The Makeup Light instead and just use the mirror as a plain mirror.

In any case I wanted to take a picture of my ring today and thought what the heck I can use it for that, and wow the sparkles!

Some videos of the bling today:

Mined studs from BGD

Latest ring from Frank Darling

I will have to update this thread with videos of my other bling when I’m wearing it.

Wow! Love the sparkle from the ring!

Scon_ce

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I think I need me one of those lights. LOL! :lol:

Is the Lightbox more fiery because of the way it's set?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I think I need me one of those lights. LOL! :lol:

Is the Lightbox more fiery because of the way it's set?

Hard to say. Since its Lightbox I have not information on the cut proportions to compare it to the GCAL. Both are pretty stones.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Hard to say. Since its Lightbox I have not information on the cut proportions to compare it to the GCAL. Both are pretty stones.

I was wondering if the bezel reduced the fire, because I noticed my transitional diamond's fire was reduced by the bezel that it's currently housed in. I plan to return it to a prong setting. :) If I can ever make up my mind on the details...

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering if the bezel reduced the fire, because I noticed my transitional diamond's fire was reduced by the bezel that it's currently housed in. I plan to return it to a prong setting. :) If I can ever make up my mind on the details...

Possibly, I never saw the stone without the bezel but I love the setting and it’s still extremely sparkly so I’m ok with it how it is. It’s just funny that I spent all this money for a top of the line cut and the Lightbox looks just as good if not better. Go figure.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Possibly, I never saw the stone without the bezel but I love the setting and it’s still extremely sparkly so I’m ok with it how it is. It’s just funny that I spent all this money for a top of the line cut and the Lightbox looks just as good if not better. Go figure.

LOL! No kidding! :bigsmile: That's kind of like Murphy's Sparklie Law at work. :twisted2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! They are firey! I just love seeing the sparks flying off my diamonds!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results