shape
carat
color
clarity

Spacer needed?

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My wedding band is probably too big - I didn’t know any better when I got it! I just switched bands to a simple solitaire and am wondering if I need a spacer to protect the ering and what size? Are they always plain? Can I get them anywhere? Thank you! 1423B297-FBC3-4784-933B-65A49EDA8EF6.jpeg 7C962CE8-77B1-4AA2-8D83-197450EB5ACA.jpeg

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, I think that you would be wise to add a spacer to protect your stones from rubbing together and against the prong work. You could add a thin plain band or you could add a fun stacking band.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: I have an open-style spacer ring I bought from James Allen that I love, but usually only wear it when my fingers shrink in cooler months. You can find them in various styles; just a matter of what you want/like.
3E0262DE-8A7D-49F9-845D-70A89AA16267.jpeg

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Does it look ok in general with the 5 stone or should I wear them on separate hands?

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I think the 5 stone ring overwhelms the solitaire a bit. I have a 5 stone ring that I never wear with my solitaire, only alone. I do have pics of them together, with and without a spacer though.
7DF323AF-2DCC-419F-92CF-B818542F4844.jpeg C2ABEBF3-E346-4E6D-8202-3982B06BC71E.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks to me like you need a spacer if you wear the rings together. Since you asked, I think the band overwhelms your ering a little, I would probably wear them on different hands. Beautiful rings! :love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a spacer and stacks of 3. I like the symbol of 3. Past present and future. Hubby wifey and furbabies lol. You me and Duprius lololol.

I'd suggest a spacer that is the same width as your e-ring.

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the wedding band takes away from your engagement ring. When I first look at your hand, the eye first goes to the wedding band, then the gap, then your engagement ring. That’s what I see. Both your rings are lovely and each should be highlighted on its own.

Perhaps get a simple wedding band and wear the wedding band on your right hand. I would let your diamond ring shine.

Katya DXB

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:wavey: I have an open-style spacer ring I bought from James Allen that I love, but usually only wear it when my fingers shrink in cooler months. You can find them in various styles; just a matter of what you want/like.

OMG!!! This is one of the prettiest combos I've ever seen! :love::love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 2mm spacer is a good choice if your 5 stone ring (girdles) is chewing up your Ering prong.

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you everybody! When looking online, will they be called spacers or just 1mm or 2mm wedding bands?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everybody! When looking online, will they be called spacers or just 1mm or 2mm wedding bands?
Yes a 2mm wedding band will do the job. IMO a 1mm might be too thin.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would absolutey get a spacer. OR, maybe just wear that one alone, and a narrow eternity band with your ering?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I would use a spacer. I made the mistake of buying a platinum shared prong 3/4 eternity band..15 points each..and then resetting my diamond in an 18k white gold band. I found out that the eternity band will chew any ring next to it..The 18k engagement ring would be shredded because it’s softer than platinum. I bought a channel set 18k diamond spacer..1.5mm to separate them. They look so pretty now and keeps my problem children separated. The best thing was I bought the diamond spacer used on eBay for $79! I verified that they were actually diamonds! I found the 1mm was to thin to separate them. You have to make sure that the metal is touching metal and not another diamond.

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Yes! Something like the ball ring or a twist band with a different texture really breaks everything up in a lovely way yet protects the e-ring and diamond band from eating each other.

I love both of these! But is it too much going on to have anything but a plain band with the 5 stone as a wedding band?

Also what about this one?
https://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/rin...se&trackpdp=bg&fromcid=287466&trackgridpos=10

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful set!! I have had my eye on that spacer ring myself!

P

PierreBear

Both rings are beautiful and as everyone said, a spacer would ensure full protection of your e-ring. It is personal preference but I thing your 5 stone makes such a statement that it could easily be worn separately, which is what I would recommend. However, do whatever looks best to you! Or switch it up especially if both left and right hands are the same finger size.

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Both rings are beautiful and as everyone said, a spacer would ensure full protection of your e-ring. It is personal preference but I thing your 5 stone makes such a statement that it could easily be worn separately, which is what I would recommend. However, do whatever looks best to you! Or switch it up especially if both left and right hands are the same finger size.

I do for the most part plan to wear them apart, but as all my rings seem to be the same size sometimes I need that right hand finger!

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium

:love:I LOVE this spacer! Are you really happy with it? I may "NEED" this...:lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both of these! But is it too much going on to have anything but a plain band with the 5 stone as a wedding band?

Also what about this one?
https://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/rin...se&trackpdp=bg&fromcid=287466&trackgridpos=10
I'd go on etsy for the textured bands. They can make them very thin and more affordable than a branded piece. James Allen has that open band and I find that the rings are more delicate in person than in 2-D pics.

The Tiffany band you posted above I'd try in person. It looks almost too wide for your set.

I'd also not get silver but use a matching metal to your set.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:I LOVE this spacer! Are you really happy with it? I may "NEED" this...:lol:
I am happy with it; it’s almost exactly what I had in mind when I drew the idea up for a custom open style band, then I found this and was happy to not have to go custom.

No, mine is this one: https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-...hite-gold-open-marquise-shape-band-item-59751

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh I don't know how I confused those two! I just assumed the rest was under your diamond as I have never seen the open style! That is amazing - do you have any pictures of just the ering and spacer? Do you think it would look ok between the 5 stone and my ring when I do choose to wear them both on same hand?

I am happy with it; it’s almost exactly what I had in mind when I drew the idea up for a custom open style band, then I found this and was happy to not have to go custom.

No, mine is this one: https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-...hite-gold-open-marquise-shape-band-item-59751

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh I don't know how I confused those two! I just assumed the rest was under your diamond as I have never seen the open style! That is amazing - do you have any pictures of just the ering and spacer? Do you think it would look ok between the 5 stone and my ring when I do choose to wear them both on same hand?
I wore it on the other side of my ER in the winter (before we were married) to help keep my ER on, as my fingers shrink in the cold months.
A0A4BF42-C9B1-4DE0-8638-FFEE1555197A.jpeg

You are sporting a bit more bling than me with the diamond band, so it’s hard to say, but I think it would look okay. It’s thin/dainty enough to just keep a little space between my rings to prevent rubbing and not take away from either of them, IMO. So it’d probably afford you the same result. I suppose if you got one and didn’t care for how it worked, you could always return in (so long as it’s not customized at all).

Here it is with my eternity & ER, but again, it’s a bit less bling & width than your stack, but it also shows how the ring sits with the ER from the side. It’s overall very comfortable to me.
0751AA56-AD6C-4664-AC24-F194DCC7A563.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results