shape
carat
color
clarity

Sources of coloured stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I''ve asked this before, but age is getting the better of me. Can someone point me in the right direction -- net or New York City? Thanks! Also, I have a friend living in Bangkok. Is that a good source?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goody. Wish they sold more than sapphires though -- there''s a whole world of beautiful but less expensive gems out there. Thanks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully widget will chime in she knows more sources than I do. Yes TNSC is expensive. You're still looking for tsavorite right?? Leon didn't pull through for you??

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
He''s still hunting. Also, I''d like to start collecting small and inexpensive ones -- they''re so pretty. What gemstones do you have, Kaleigh

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a pink sapphire, blue sapphire, aquamarine, and am dying for a pariba tourmaline. But dammit they are soooo darn expensive. I love tsavorite, especially pokey''s ring. That baby is gorgeous.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any pictures?

widget

Ideal_Rock
I think this is a great site for moderately priced gemstones: http://www.ajsgems.com/ .
I''ve purchased from them twice...great service. Once I chose to return a stone. It was easy and there was no hassle...

Palagems is wholesale, but has lots of information/gemstone education: http://www.palagems.com/home.htm

Here''s a pic of the sappires I got from AJS Gems. They''re now mounted as removable drops for my DIL''s diamond studs:

Pes 5X7.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 3:18:21 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I have a pink sapphire, blue sapphire, aquamarine, and am dying for a pariba tourmaline. But dammit they are soooo darn expensive.

Hey, Kaleigh! I was wandering around PalaGems and found this: Neon blue tourmaline, Mozambique. No mention of Paraiba or copper content, but it''s better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!
2.gif

widget

141jcb49.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget,
What do you think of the tsavorite I found? You can at least help me with it if you''re gonna threadjack.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 5:02:25 PM
Author: widget

Date: 4/15/2007 3:18:21 PM
I have a pink sapphire, blue sapphire, aquamarine, and am dying for a pariba tourmaline. But dammit they are soooo darn expensive.

Hey, Kaleigh! I was wandering around PalaGems and found this: Neon blue tourmaline, Mozambique. No mention of Paraiba or copper content, but it''s better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!
2.gif

widget
Ok that is gorgeous widget. How much is it?? Or can you give me the link, is it www.palagems.com?? Sorry Harriet.
5.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
For that, my dear, pleae help with the tsav I found.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Harriet...I just posted on your tsavorite thread.
1.gif
Now, back to my thread-jack:
11.gif

Date: 4/15/2007 5:09:17 PM

Ok that is gorgeous widget. How much is it?? Or can you give me the link, is it www.palagems.com?? Sorry Harriet.
5.gif
No prices listed at Palagems....but I'm guessing it's pretty pricey...it's nine carats!
23.gif

To find it, do a search for "neon tourmalines"

AJS Gems has some affordable ones...I'd probably go that route if I just wanted one "for fun".

http://www.ajsgems.com/TPR/TPR.htm

Here's a little one for less than one thou:

widget

TPRkj01-l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results