shape
carat
color
clarity

Sounds too good to be true... 3.13 N/SI1 for 2K!

vsc

Shiny_Rock
Let me preface that I am not actively looking for a diamond, but just for fun was searching the listings. There is a 3.13 N/SI1 strong blue fluorescence for sale for barely over $2K, with GIA cert:
http://www.solomonbrothers.com/DiamondDetail.aspx?sku=4H3H355H&affiliate=9318613A-AD0C-4530-A456-0409DFEFB8DE

And, the cert only shows a prongable crystal and a small indented natural!
I seriously thought it was a typo. It might not be an ideal cut, but maybe someone on this board who enjoys warmer colors will snatch it up! Coupled with the SB fluorescence it sounds like an elusive combination. As I said, I wasn't actively looking, but this has the potential to make an awesome RHR or pendant!

Anon-E-Mouse

Rough_Rock
Trade
People like that live for people like you.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hmmm....it might be very cloudy from the strong fluor...but I would think the GIA would consider that in clarity grading....hmmm....

I too wonder why so cheap. They deal in diamonds professionally, so they know that diamond is worth way way more. I may call tomorrow and find out!

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Must be a price error. In addition they reserve the right to correct.
No red flags with that diamond that i can see that would justify such a low price.

Pricing and Availability
All products are subject to price change and availability. Solomon Brothers Fine Jewelry reserves the right to limit quantities. Any typographical, photographic or other errors are subject to correction. For all prices and products, Solomon Brothers Fine Jewelry reserves the right to make adjustments due to errors, changing market conditions, product discontinuation or typographical errors.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blame it on the eggnog, but I just ordered this thing. I have a confirmation email in my inbox, so we will see come tomorrow what happens. For this price, and with a liberal return policy, why not? And if it's not a complete dog, merry Christmas to me in the form of a new pendant! (that being said, I am curious, but I don't have my hopes up about this at all...!)

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Lol deejay!!! That'd be awesome if you got it at that price!!!! :appl: :appl:

vsc

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Dee*Jay! I hope they honor their displayed price!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To top it all off, it scored a 1.5 on the HCA! How awesome if this works out dee jay!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Go DeeJay! I can't wait to see it! I hope it glows!
P.S. I met a guy from the Solomon family the other week at a Hanukkah party, nice guy. He was like, "No kidding, seriously you've heard of our little business?"

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL -- you guys are such enablers!!!

Seriously, this seems way too good to be true, so we will see what happens...

Oh, and BTW, did I mention I in no way, shape or form need another piece of jewelry!?!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
DeeJay...DeeJay...DeeJay... :appl:

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Can't wait to see if you found a real treasure! Stay tune!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay! I've missed you! I can't wait to see this diamond. I hope it is a beauty.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
If you do a search, Abazias lists the same diamond (same Gia certificate number) for $17,252. So it sounds like it is a typo.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, my gut feeling is that I will get an email telling me the price was an error and then this little adventure will be over...

Hello Gypsy! Have been doing a bit of lurking, but not much posting lately. Hope all is well with you!!!

And for the rest of you naughty little enablers, if this thing does show up and is at all decent you will have to supply me with setting ideas...!

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
I clicked on the link and it showed that the diamond is still available. How can it be?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my. Setting ideas. I already have like 5 ideas for it. Terrible, I know. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. I suspect you are right though Dee Jay.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
ruby59|1292821996|2801496 said:
If you do a search, Abazias lists the same diamond (same Gia certificate number) for $17,252. So it sounds like it is a typo.

But USA Certed has it listed for $2289.

So 2 out of 3 vendors listing the diamond have it for just over $2000, whilst the third vendor has it at over $17000. I dont see 2 different vendors making a typo on the same diamond for around the same amount.

Would love to know the outcome on this DeeJay. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Dee*Jay|1292819437|2801464 said:
LOL -- you guys are such enablers!!!

Seriously, this seems way too good to be true, so we will see what happens...

Oh, and BTW, did I mention I in no way, shape or form need another piece of jewelry!?!

I have visited them several times. They had an amazing setting, platinum with diamond sidestones, for about $500. There was no reason it should have been so cheap. They could not explain it. So, yes, I know from firsthand experience that Solomon Bros. does offer the occasional incredible deal that does not seem logical.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Hope it's the bargain you want! Will stay tuned :sun:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited to see! Hope its the xmas gift you always wanted!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I click on the link now it says the item is sold, so we'll see...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap! What a steal! Dee-Jay, I can't wait to see it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ack, this is so exciting!! Oh, I really hope this pans out dee jay, I'm keeping everything crossed, even my eyes! (yuck yuck)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
i can't wait to see what that diamond looks like! Who said that famous quote, "you pays your money and you takes your chance!"

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
Pix pix? Did it come yet?!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't received any sort of communication, other than the intial order confirmation I got last night, so I'm not sure what's going on...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results