shape
carat
color
clarity

sorry if this is a stupid question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marinasmk

Rough_Rock
I entered my criterea in pricescope''s diamond search for a H&A, AGS 000 diamond. This one came up, and when I went to dirt cheap diamond''s site, it shows this as a very poor cut....can someone help explain? Is this indeed a H&A, AGS 000, well cut diamond? I''m new and a little confused. Thanks so much!

H
VS1
61.3%
54%
AGS
-
no
id
id
no
7.11-7.17x4.38

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
it's a "list" diamond so it's probably just a bad link or mislabeled on DCD
1.gif

as far as determining how well cut the diamond is, there's too much info missing from the data supplied - you'd have to ask one of the vendors to call the stone in or get a copy of the AGS cert to get imp crown/pav info...

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There really are no stupid questions. Never be ashamed to ask a question that you are serious about. However, we all get a lot of entertainment from stupid people. That is an incurable condition and sometimes provides a good deal of humor for everyone else. Its harmless, but one should not point out the stupidity of others unless they don't mind having other people make fun of their own faults. We all have some dumb moments. If viewed politely, stupidity can make a dreary day a little brighter.

But, please do ask questions without fear of any consequences.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/11/2004 7:56:55 PM oldminer wrote:

If viewed politely, stupidity can make a dreary day a little brighter.

But, please do ask questions without fear of any consequences.----------------

LOL! Dave is right. There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
2.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
It is interesting to note the discrepant information. If you pursue it, let us know what you learn, by way of more detail on the diamond.

Pulling it up on Pricescope as you did, requesting H&A diamonds, I see it is carried by 4 -5 vendors, including DCD, who describes it as you've noted. Looking at it's listing on Whiteflash, you can see it's not classified there at all, so -- it's different from DCD -- but also, not marked under their option for ideal cuts, which it might have been, even though it is a list diamond. Since it does pull up under the Pricescope database, when requesting H&A, supposedly there's some marking about those characteristics that brings it into this database, which may be a reason to call it up.

Two other diamonds to note:

Also on both the DCD database and Whiteflash databases (and others) you'll see another diamond with almost identical characteristics, but it's table is 55, not 54, and IT is marked under both DCDs and Whiteflash's databases as ideal, so also, conceivably, there's some confusion between these two. This stone marked #2465834 also costs somewhat less.

Finally, also at Whiteflash, costing less again, missing some of the strengths of the original, but still close, at 1.34 I VS2, is their H&A A cut Above at and it's $1000 less, yet again.

Best of wishes feretting this out...

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
DCD might indeed be having typo issues--just a guess but I looked at another stone on there site that was described as "Poor" for cut but was no doubt an AGS 0, H&A.The depth was listed as ".1%" --clearly, a typo.
rolleyes.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results