shape
carat
color
clarity

Sorry if it''s a stupid question....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessClyde

Rough_Rock
I know the first thing I should do is get out and look at real diamonds, but for the time being, an opinions would be appreciated...

I realize many things factor in, but if you have a few different diamonds with almost everything the same (cut, color, clarity, etc.), just a difference in carats, how different will they really look?

Like if you took diamonds somewhere in the .55 range, .65, .75, .85....how much difference would you see between them? I realize you''d see a difference between the .55 and .85, but when just comparing two close to each other, like .55 and .65, will the .65 appear a lot bigger than the .55?

How about if there''s a smaller difference, such as .55 and .60?

Any thoughts would appreciated. Thanx!!
wink2.gif

robbe

Shiny_Rock
for a good cut,

0.55 = 5.3mm diameter

0.65 = 5.5mm

0.75 = 5.7mm

0.85 = 6 mm

every one of those the difference is tiny but once mounted, you'll notice a slight difference between 0.55 & 0.65 visually. slightly but noticeable.

the differences do not increase gradually with the weight, for example,

1.00 = 6.45mm

1.25 = 6.9 mm

1.50 = 7.4.

good luck, robbe

lenore80

Rough_Rock
I think it depends on your finger size...

For example, I tried on an ideal .51 and a .68ct. The .68ct looked huge on my finger (5.5 size), and it retrospect, looked great!
1.gif

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
PrincessClyde, there are no stupid questions here, and I think Lenore is right. I certainly had certain expectations about what "my" engagement ring would look like on my finger, and a .5 was just too tiny, whereas .7 seemed the right size. In my head it just doesn't seem possible that .3 mm could be that visible, but it was to me.

It seems that what you want weighs on how big it looks.

Thanks for the useful standards, Robbe.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
I have to add my 2 cents that its not only finger size that matters.

I wear a size 5 but have HUGE hands and LONG fingers. So my 1 ct. on me looks smaller than when a friend with teeny hands and a larger finger size tried it on!

robbe

Shiny_Rock
correction,

although approximative,

0.75 = 5.85mm rather.

robbe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results