carat
color
clarity

Soooooo should I buy it?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3E1412CA-E183-4342-BFFB-FB2265CE28B5.jpeg

I’m sorely tempted. The quality and price is good. But it’s not on my list. I’m worried this is just an impulse buy. But it IS a style I’ve been attracted to before. So maybe not so impulsive.

Hmm. Thoughts? I don’t need it. I just want it.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um... »when in doubt, don’t »?
Most of my impulse buys are sitting unworn, but that is a beautiful ring, so I am just saying what I would do...if I were not impulsive lol
Can you put it on hold for 24hours??

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Do any of us 'need' diamonds? :evil2:

It's lovely and I know what you mean. I've stumbled across many nice things but I keep asking myself if I could put that amount towards something I want more.

Is there something you want/need more? :D

For me, if it’s something that’s not on my list, I’d only consider it if I loved it and it was a screaming deal. If it’s neither, then I wouldn’t buy it. If I ended up buying everything that caught my fancy I’d end up both broke and swimming in diamonds!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you really need it, and would you get a good cost per wear out of it?

DK :Up_to_something:

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have one of these rings and its a purchase I have never regretted.The combination of brilliant and baguette cuts works well in all lighting conditions, and because of the design you get a lot of bang for your buck. Its one of the least expensive rings I own but I get the most compliments when wearing it. I bought mine at an amazing deal price too. If its a brilliant deal I say go for it, you may look back with regret if you don't.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you’re asking my answer is resist. I don’t think it will satisfy your thirst. You have other pieces that are on your wish list. Stick with those for now. Unless you have decided you must have this. Otherwise I’d pass.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
if it’s not on your wishlist don’t waste the money that could be used for wishlist items (:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some of my best purchases have been Impulse Buys. The ones I haven’t been happy with are the ones I’ve planned for that haven’t been quite perfect. :think: If it speaks to you, then do it!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes the ones that are not on the list and bought out of an impulse grow to be the favourites.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
it's a pretty ring. i understand you are tempted ... i think, we have ALL been there ...

but how do you feel letting the pieces that ARE on your list just LANGUISHING there...??? just so you can have this ring???

if you are alright with that then, by all means, get the ring.

i sense that any item on "the list" is well thought out and likely something you've been wanting for quite a while. probably best to keep "one's eyes on the prize"

only you know best. we can advise with our best intentions, but truly, only you know best for you

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Its a beautiful ring.

Don't you already have a diamond band that you really love? Would you wear both these bands at the same time, on different hands, or would you alternate between wearing one and then wearing the other? Or would one of the two bands lose out and be left in your jewelry box?

For me I like having only one special piece for each "spot" on my body (ie one pendant necklace, one bracelet, one right hand ring, one e-ring) but I know others enjoy rotating through their collection.

Just things to think about.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m just giving you my support because I’ve done my share of impulse buying. If you’re on the fence try to give it some more thought.

lolas_mommy

Rough_Rock
Is there a return policy? Have you seen it in person?

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Is this something that rarely comes along? Do you see yourself really wearing it?

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
My question is..... If you buy this, what are you taking off your wishlist in order to buy it? If you love it more than something on your list, then maybe. But if you love it less than everything on your list, keep saving!

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
3E1412CA-E183-4342-BFFB-FB2265CE28B5.jpeg

I’m sorely tempted. The quality and price is good. But it’s not on my list. I’m worried this is just an impulse buy. But it IS a style I’ve been attracted to before. So maybe not so impulsive.

Hmm. Thoughts? I don’t need it. I just want it.

Ooooo I think it’s gorgeous! If it’s a great deal, and it won’t affect what else you’re saving for then I say go for it! Love the antique look!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you saving up for a special piece? A few months ago when I upgraded my stone, I looked begrudgingly at a lot of my impulse buys sitting in my box. Lol. I don’t pay too
Much for my impulse buys but still, they easily added up to over twice the amount that I needed for my upgrade.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No no no, it’s not on your wish list for 2020–this is just “the next big thing” that’s come along. This is just your 2019 self talking! :)

(The only way I’d buy this ring is if it marked down to such a price that I would not take a loss when I go to sell it). It would have to be really really low...

I’m responding this way, because your post in the Wish List thread got me thinking... no where in my wish list was the item “Peruse Ruby Lane and Etsy looking for antique jewelry and buy the next big thing that comes along....” and yet, what do I did myself doing at night before bedtime? ;-)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many excellent questions here! I think I need to go back and appreciate what I have before I make an impulse buy. There will always be another beautiful thing for me to desire.

I wish I had the energy to respond to everyone’s excellent comments but there is a newborn in the house... so not going to happen! Sorry!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many excellent questions here! I think I need to go back and appreciate what I have before I make an impulse buy. There will always be another beautiful thing for me to desire.

I wish I had the energy to respond to everyone’s excellent comments but there is a newborn in the house... so not going to happen! Sorry!

Congrats!!!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would follow up with my blunt no by saying that I am well known for my impulse purchases.

if I need to ask someone if I should buy it- I shouldn’t. If I see it and click “buy buy buy” with the fear imma lose it- then buy it.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I say resist. The fact that you are asking says it all. Usually item that I ask for other opinions I tend to return or regret. Save for wish list item.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would follow up with my blunt no by saying that I am well known for my impulse purchases.

if I need to ask someone if I should buy it- I shouldn’t. If I see it and click “buy buy buy” with the fear imma lose it- then buy it.

Haha I like this

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say resist. The fact that you are asking says it all. Usually item that I ask for other opinions I tend to return or regret. Save for wish list item.

Such a good point. I always told my friends when they were questioning whether to keep seeing a guy: “If you have to ask, you know the answer!”

The same definitely applies here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results