shape
carat
color
clarity

Sooooo Happy - 3.36 ct OEC

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
After seeing so many gorgeous old European cut diamonds posted on PS, I began to fall in love with those chunky facets and pastel flashes of light. Fast forward about a year and I am now excited to share my OEC. The diamond is 3.36 carats. I'll post her stats when she goes to GIA as formal confirmation of jeweler's grading which was K or better in color and SI1 or better in clarity. The jeweler has reset her in a temporary setting for me to enjoy over the holidays while I come up with a permanent design. The original setting was a lovely period setting but ultra thin platinum and the prongs had some revamping. It also blocked a lot of the light when it was on my finger but I have posted a pic. Anyway, I could not be happier.

_1253.jpeg

_35829.jpg

_1254.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love: I like the original setting, too! If it isn't in good enough condition to rehab, what about remaking it new maybe with some tweaks?

himni

Shiny_Rock
I like the original setting as well. That diamond is gorgeous! Congrats! Can't wait to see your final setting. :love:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a great performing OEC....no wonder you are soooo happy! I would be too. Just beautiful and the original setting is really lovely.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great!!! I like both settings too.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous and luxurious OEC. I love both settings.
The stone looks stunning on you and big in a stylish and sophisticated way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Please come back with more pics when you have everything finished. :appl:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So lovely!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous!! Another vote for rehabbing the old setting! Congrats!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful!! :love: How exciting, looks perfect on your hand! :appl:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is mesmerizing and both settings are so beautiful I don't know which would be nicer.. both awesome! :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a pretty diamond!! :love: :love: & a 3.36!! Count me in as an admirer of the original setting--looking forward to seeing what you decide :) Congrats! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous OEC! :love: Congratulations! You must be over the moon and excited with that sparkler on your finger! :appl: Looking forward to hearing more about what you decide for setting. Would love to see more pics of the OEC too! :wavey:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning and gorgeous OEC!! Looks beautiful on your hand. Can't wait to see what setting you choose....there are sooo many :)) .

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa, that is an amazing diamond! Love it!! :love: :appl: :love:

If appropriate, could you share how/where you found this ROCK?!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I :love: :love: :love: :love: this!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
azstonie said:
Whoa, that is an amazing diamond! Love it!! :love: :appl: :love:

If appropriate, could you share how/where you found this ROCK?!

Ditto... azstonie summed it up perfectly! Looks beautiful on you!!! I like the idea of using aspects of the original setting that speaks to you to create a new home for your lovely stone.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments! I can honestly say that had it not been for PS, I would have never realized how much I love OECs. You have been a great (or terrible, per my husband) influence.

The setting was lovely. The picture from the light box looks great. However, on the finger, no light was getting through to the diamond so it was really under perfroming. That said, I do love the idea of a period style setting. I am particularly drawn to Art Deco style and was thinking of calibrated French cut rubies as a halo in a bezel. Am I crazy to add that width on my finger? On the other hand, recreating a setting with elements of the original is a great idea so that gives me something additional to consider. For now though, I am enjoying the simplicity of the temporary setting.

As to where I found it.......I have been scouring LAD, JbG, and OWD for awhile. There is also a local hidden gem of an estate (and new pieces as well) jewelry store where I found my yellow diamond. While all of the above vendors had some great options, it was actually an estate/new jewelry store in the town I was born. We were visiting family for Thanksgiving when I decided to drop by for a visit. I have known the owners for years. They just came out of retirement and reopened their store about a year ago. Anyway, I mentioned that I was looking for an OEC and the parameters. When I was back in my hometown at Christmas, I revisited the store and the rest is history. I will check with them to see if they are ok with me posting their name.

I will update with a few more photos once we are out of the cloudy rain pattern that has lasted for the last week.

Thanks everyone!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love this OEC! Looking forward to seeing what new setting you put it in. The art deco design sounds lovely!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see why you are soooo happy, because it is sooooo pretty!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
WOW, that ruby collar is fantastic. :shock: :appl: Thanks for adding that link!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
aac2013|1451273811|3967123 said:
After seeing so many gorgeous old European cut diamonds posted on PS, I began to fall in love with those chunky facets and pastel flashes of light. Fast forward about a year and I am now excited to share my OEC. The diamond is 3.36 carats. I'll post her stats when she goes to GIA as formal confirmation of jeweler's grading which was K or better in color and SI1 or better in clarity. The jeweler has reset her in a temporary setting for me to enjoy over the holidays while I come up with a permanent design. The original setting was a lovely period setting but ultra thin platinum and the prongs had some revamping. It also blocked a lot of the light when it was on my finger but I have posted a pic. Anyway, I could not be happier.

Looks amazing on you! Looks so big!

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Wow I would be ecstatic as well if I owned this beauty! Wow lucky owner you are!

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
Just beautiful!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a very lovely stone, I like it in the current setting but the collar idea is quite lovely as well. I will be looking forward to seeing what you decide.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I adore that diamond, it looks like an awesome performer. Congratulations!

Psst... we need a lot more close up shots. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results