shape
carat
color
clarity

Soo dissappointed! :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
So back in October when I got engaged, I knew almost immediately where I wanted to get married, so we contacted the venue and arranged a tour and got all of the information we needed. Being that my wedding isn''t until October 10, 2010 we were not able to actually book the venue, but they told us we were first on the list and then told us that we could book no earlier then 18 months out. I thought this would be perfect, well it is 6 days away from being able to book the venue and now we have been told they have changed their policies and we now won''t be able to book until a year out. Even after already waiting 6 months to finalize the venue. I wouldn''t be so disappointed, because a year is still more then enough time, but I wanted to get my save the dates sent out considering all of our guests are going to have to travel quite a ways to attend. And given the economy, I wanted to give them all the courtesy of more then ample time to arrange to save up should they decide to attend. I am just so disappointed. I was so excited!
15.gif
7.gif

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
awww...I''m sorry you''re feeling that way missjaxon. I can imagine how disappointing it must be.

Is it possible to send two rounds of save the dates? The first one can just have the date along with the city and state where the wedding will take place and other details to be determined (maybe link to a wedding website). Then you can send out a second round of save the dates once you have the rest of the details set.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I was just going to say that you could send out the save the dates without having the reception location on them. Actually, we are getting married in a church so our save the dates had the town that the church is in on them, not the reception venue. I think even if you give a general area that would be fine. For example, we are getting marred in the catskills so for the location I could have put just: In the Catskills, NY There is no reason for it to be more specific if you don''t know the rest of the details. The reason for a Save the Date, is to well, save the date.

In fact, I just checked my fridge and on of the Save the dates I have doesn''t have anything except the name of the couple and the date on it.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
agreed with everyone else. I''ve never seen a save the date that included anything more than just the couple''s names, date, and maaaaybe the city and state, but usually not even that!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ladies, I am only planning to put the location name for example Riverside, California. The dilemma is that if I cannot 100% book this venue the wedding will not be held in California at all and I will have to find another location. The only reason we are planning to get married that far from home (Midwestern Canada) is because of the venue. So the whole purpose of the STD''s is to let everybody know it is a destination wedding and give them an opportunity to save and plan, but if we can''t book the venue then the STD''s are not needed. Does that make sense? I feel like I am rambling. I don''t know what to do. Hmmmm?
33.gif

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 3:29:01 AM
Author: missjaxon
Thanks Ladies, I am only planning to put the location name for example Riverside, California. The dilemma is that if I cannot 100% book this venue the wedding will not be held in California at all and I will have to find another location. The only reason we are planning to get married that far from home (Midwestern Canada) is because of the venue. So the whole purpose of the STD''s is to let everybody know it is a destination wedding and give them an opportunity to save and plan, but if we can''t book the venue then the STD''s are not needed. Does that make sense? I feel like I am rambling. I don''t know what to do. Hmmmm?
33.gif

Oh, hmmm...I see what you''re saying. What I would do is just tell your close relatives and friends about the plan so they can start thinking about/saving for coming to the wedding. Then let it spread by word of mouth until you can actually book the venue.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I think it is great that you are being so considerate of your friends, but I don''t think it will be a problem if you just let them know about your intentions to travel, given that the venue will come through. Especially because of the economy, I would not be comfortable buying plane tickets or booking rooms this far out if I were a guest--when established corporations can go out of business overnight, you just can''t be too sure. I think that letting them know they may have to save is perfectly fine.

Plus, the great news in all of this is that if their policy is to not book the venue a year out, you know you are not in jeopardy of loosing it!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Keep in mind that even though an early heads up is nice, most companies won''t book plane and hotel reservations until a year out. In fact, we couldn''t even book our honeymoon hotel until nine months out.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto EricaR and Katamari!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results