shape
carat
color
clarity

Sometimes I don''t know what DH is thinking about!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Small rant, but I had to get it out otherwise I'll be mad at him all night!

I went to pick him up from work at 6 (1/2 hour drive). It is raining pretty hard, and I didn't bother to straighten my (chin length) hair, and put on an old sweatshirt, and a baseball cap, and off in the rain I went. Well, I get there, and he's all "what's with the bball cap, and sweatshirt, I was planning to hang out w/ my coworkers."
29.gif

I say well, we'll go home, and I'll change, and we can meet them later. But DH says, no we can't do that bc the they are near work, and it's an hour to go back and forth -- can you drop me off, change and come back?
29.gif
29.gif

Fine, we go to drop him off, and then he tells me that they probably won't be there by the time I get back, and are going somewhere else for drinks after. I get really pissed now, because I'm thinking when the h*ll am I supposed to eat?? He gives me a shpiel about how I can have dinner wherever they go for drinks.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

So now, I will have to have shlepped in the rain for an hour and a half, and look like the a$$h*** because I will have to insist on going somewhere that has food. All this bc DH didn't feel the need to mention that he had plans today
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
WHAT A MORON!

ETA: On top of this, now I will probably have to meet them in downtown San Jose, where I don't know my way around. This is particularly problematic for me because I have a hard time seeing the road when it's dark -- add rain to it, and it becomes impossible. Ugh!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stinks, he should have given you the heads up about plans tonight. Here you go drive a 1/2 hour in the rain, and he says that? He''s lucky you even dropped him off.
6.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, I''m too nice for my own good sometimes. I did tell him off though, so I think he feels bad. But I''m still pissed! I kind of don''t even feel like meeting up with them anymore, but I''ll try to get myself ready, and go anyway. I''m hungry, and it makes me moody, making this whole thing worse for me than it is
14.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I would have stood him up. No need to chase him around.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
My butt would go home and stay there. Even if dinner was just a PB&J from the pantry. Why should I be the one to jump through hoops when the hubs was inconsiderate? Nope, don''t think so.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, now you guys got me thinking, maybe I should tell him I''m staying home. Or worse, I should tell him that when they leave the dinner place to drop him off at home
11.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I think what he did was plenty inconsiderate. He should have given you a heads up on the plans...and not expected you to drop everything to accomidate him AND his friends last minute.

I think a no call/no show will hit the point home. Even though you're married doesn't mean you're "on call" all the time...

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:30:33 PM
Author: brooklyngirl
Hmm, now you guys got me thinking, maybe I should tell him I''m staying home. Or worse, I should tell him that when they leave the dinner place to drop him off at home
11.gif

I like this plan!
3.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I''d be pissed off too! I think you''ve done enough for him. I''d stay home for sure.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell him to give you a call when his train gets to the station...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:28:26 PM
Author: HollyS
My butt would go home and stay there. Even if dinner was just a PB&J from the pantry. Why should I be the one to jump through hoops when the hubs was inconsiderate? Nope, don''t think so.
Yup.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:44:56 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Tell him to take a cab. Ffffffffffffffft.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
You are waaaaayyy too nice to even consider doing this. I''d go home and not come back to pick him up.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 11:51:59 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 2/13/2009 11:44:56 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Tell him to take a cab. Ffffffffffffffft.
Cab for sure....
11.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, you ladies are awesome!

I just called DH, and told him that if he wants me to go he''ll have to pick me up (i.e. someone will have to go out of their way to drop him off at home), and we''ll go together. He''ll be here in 15. I felt that was a good compromise, and now DH gets to look like an ass.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 12:01:59 AM

I just called DH, and told him that if he wants me to go he''ll have to pick me up (i.e. someone will have to go out of their way to drop him off at home), and we''ll go together. He''ll be here in 15. I felt that was a good compromise, and now DH gets to look like an ass.
Good for YOU!!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 12:10:54 AM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 2/14/2009 12:01:59 AM

Good for YOU!!
36.gif
Ditto!
2.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Good for you!
36.gif

and I bet you look fantastic, bball cap and all!
35.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would have told him I was staying home! Then I would have stopped at the store and bought some goodies for me to eat and spent the evening alone watching tv!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 4:58:39 AM
Author: Maisie
I would have told him I was staying home! Then I would have stopped at the store and bought some goodies for me to eat and spent the evening alone watching tv!

lol that is so what I would have done too!! Manolo set off our house alarm last night and I had to leave the party that we were at to drive home and turn it off. It was so nice having the couch to myself for a while!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
If it's necessary, and you can help, you have an obligation to help him get back and forth to work- all the rest of this stuff- no wai! I wouldn't put up with that for one minute. I'm not lying.
14.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I could have stayed home, and had DH stay home with me, but I'm glad I went out because I had a blast
9.gif
DH's friends remind me of my friends in NYC, whom I don't get to hang with anymore, so I was glad to get out of the house, and be a little social.

Besides, if I stayed home it would have been a miserable night filled with snide remarks and attitude. This way SR&A lasted only for the car ride there. I don't think DH will neglect to inform me of plans in the future
11.gif

tlh - Thanks for the vote of confidence! All things considered, it actually isn't half bad. The only issue is the hair under the cap... it was a hot mess!

Maisie, bee* - If I were working right now, I would have totally done that. Fortunately for me, I get the couch to myself the whole week. Oh, and we don't have a TV, but I could have indulged in some online shopping
11.gif

Imdanny - It is necessary for me to drive him to/from work, as we have one car. One of the troubles of suburbia is that without a car, you're homebound. The going back and forth at night in the rain with my crappy vision, is a big no no. Hopefully he learned his lesson!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I would have left him in the city, got takeout and a packet of tim tams on the way home, slouched on the couch ate the whole bloody pack of biscuits and let him get him own a** home.

Next time he will tell you that you look fabulous when he sees you
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results