shape
carat
color
clarity

Something pretty came today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Normally I wouldn't post about something so mundane as WG hoop earrings, but I'm STILL waiting for my rolling ring and I had to order these to tide me over until it gets here. Also, I really, really needed an everyday pair of WG earrings since i can't wear costume or sterling in my ears due to the good old nickel allergy problem. So I ordered these Sunday afternoon from Mondera, and they already came this afternoon (Wednesday!) They were packaged nicely, and they're pretty nice quality. One of them did have a teeny tiny dent near the back of the clasp, but it's nothing I'm going to return them over...I have a feeling they'll get scratched or dinged anyway as I plan on wearing them every day. They're 47.5 mm diameter, 2mm thickness. So a little over 2 inches, and they hang about 3/4 of the way to my chin, for reference.

3004284.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Monarch! I hope they do the trick to tode you over until you get your rolling ring. I''ll bet these hoops go with just about everything
10.gif
9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, Monnie, I really like them. They are perfect for everyday wear! Can we see some ear shots?

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Those are so nice! Hoops are great because they look nice dressed up or down.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Those are terrific looking hoops Monarch and I''ll bet you get a lot of wear out of them! I too would love to see ear shots.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Those hoop earrings look great! Enjoy! And yes, ear shots, please!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
classic choice!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I love them, they''re really light and they''re the perfect size for me, not too huge but not too small. Here are some requisite ear shots!

wghoop01.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

wghoop02.JPG

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Louvely!!!
30.gif
3.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love hoops, but I never wear them. I am too easily distracted by things that sparkle. Your hoops look great on you.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I would love a pair of gemstone studs but I have no idea how to go about having them set. I''ve been looking online at ajsgems and found lots of pretties in my price range but I don''t know where to find settings so I''ve never taken on that project. Thanks for the compliment on my hoops! I''m kind of a plain jane when it comes to earrings, I can''t wear costume or sterling because they make my ears itch, and I can''t afford diamonds in the size I would like to have!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Monarch, I like plain earrings too. Most of my earrings are studs or simple dangles. I have had great luck buying loose stones and having a local jeweler mount them in 14kt gold posts. They usually run me anywhere from $40 to $100 depending on size of stones and if I want the medium or heaving settings. I tried some of the "snap-in" castings but most of them are pretty flimsy and if you get anything other than rounds; they require more skill and patience than I have.

If you get some new earrings, I''d love to see them.

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve seen your dish of sparklies, I bet you have some great earrings! I didn''t even know you could set your own stones, it does sound like the average jill might have a tough time doing so, I think if I ever find a pair of stones I love I''ll have them set professionally. I can see myself completely messing up the settings and mucking them up beyond being recognizable as settings! And of course when I get around to that project I will post pics!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch, I''ve really enjoyed my little dish of sparkles. I''ve made about 15 pairs of the snap-in earrings. Some of them were pretty entertaining to make. I have the most difficult time with heart shaped stones. One mounted fine the other one took me about an hour and I finally "settled" for the points and prongs being mostly lined up. My sister and nieces got quite of a few of my do-it-yourself earrings.

I also bought the pre-seated castings with prong bending plyers suckering for the "easy to mount" jewelry. That was a riot to watch as well. I''m holding a tiny little post trying to mount marquis stones in 2 prongs. I have on 2 pairs of reading glasses so I can see that close. I bend one prong and the stone went flying; then you have to reshape the prong and try again. I tried for about 20 minutes then moved on to trying the same thing on an oval stone in a ring. That didn''t go well either. It was very entertaining for my husband to watch though. I finally took all of my projects to my local jeweler and said "here, I can''t do this''. I''ve never begrudged paying a jeweler to set a stone again. It is fun to play though and I love getting loose gemstones.

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you are ambitious! I''m giggling over the thought of someone going to the trouble of wearing two pair of reading glasses to see what they''re doing, LOL!

I''d love to see some of your earrings if you ever decide to post pics! I really enjoyed your dish of sparklies thread!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh Monnie they''re very pretty! I love their simplicity and the size looks great on you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2007 9:19:30 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Ooh Monnie they''re very pretty! I love their simplicity and the size looks great on you!
Love those Monnie!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband was really teasing me when I had on 2 pairs of glasses - and rightly so. The preseated castings have a ridge where the stone rests at the girdle then you "simply" bend down the prongs. Easier said than done.
25.gif
I ordered about 5 different earring castings, and 2 different ring castings. I was not able to complete any of the above but my jeweler did a lovely job on them.

I am attaching a photo of 2 pairs of earrings I made using the snap-in castings. They are pink sapphires and irradiated blue diamonds. I will take some photos of my earrings and post them for you soon.

Marcy

snaperrng.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
They look perfect on your Monarch - I''ve got to get a pair of those for my daugher.

Marcyc your earrings are really pretty!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial, thanks! Your daughter will love them, they''re so light I forget I''m wearing them which is a quality I only appreciate as far as earrings. As you can see I have larger lobes and I hate wearing heavier earrings because I have the droop factor going on, so these are great earrings for me.

Marcy, I love your earrings, they''re beautiful! Thanks for sharing that pic, I wish you''d start a thread and show us more of your collection!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch,
they look so classic and beautiful on you!!! Did you order your rolling from Rollingrings? How exciting!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Skippy! I love them! To answer your question re. rolling rings, yes I did order my ring back on June 5th. I knew it would be a longer process because they had to make the ring and they are also changing offices or something, but my expected ship date was originally June 21. So I emailed Tami at rollingrings.com yesterday and she said the jewelry who makes the rings has fallen behind a bit due to demand and that he was working on mine and she had upgraded my shipping to 2-day air so i would get it faster. I hope it comes next week, I''m dying to get it. Thanks for asking, I will do a thread on it when I receive it as long as it fits and is to my liking!!!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch, I''ll be anxious to see your ring when you get it.

I will take some photos of my earrings and get them posted. Thank you Monarch and Sundial for the compliments on my earrings. The round snap-ins are easy to make but I don''t have many any more. I make them, wear them for awhile then sell them to buy something new.

Marcy

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I love the hoops!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some of my stud earrings. L to R back row first: emerald, ruby, iolite, RB diamond, PC diamond, multi-color sapphire, amethyst, rhodolite, spessartite, diamond, YG tanzanite and WG tanzanite.

mcerrings.JPG

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
They look perfect Monarch!!! I''m excited for you to get your rolling ring...I love the two I have!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowser Marcy! That is a great collection of earrings you have there! I love the emeralds and the spess''! Thanks for the eye candy!

Miranda and Irish, thanks!

Irish, I didn''t know you had two rolling rings, I didn''t even know you had one, lol! Tell me more about them?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The hoops look great, nice and comfy...and look at all those beautiful colors! You gals have some beautiful ear pretties!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks D*D!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results