shape
carat
color
clarity

Something little different...

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Last spring I fell in love to Finnish design silver, I before knew but never gave any attention. These aren't for everybody (which make me very pleased) but I'm totally in love. I would say these are like very high quality parfums, which often are little bit odd for many, but people with practised nose love. All but one of them belongs to Lapponia/Björn Weckström collection, Sappho belongs to Zoltan Popovits.

First one photo has Sappho bracelet 1986 and Creature's claw necklace 1978

Second photo Zelda 1978
Third photo Kang's chain 1978

The massive ring in fourth photo is Mask of Gonda's. It's new production, because I couldn't find suitable size in old 1970's rings.

IMG_2576.JPG

IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2964.JPG

IMG_2966.JPG

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pieces! The Finnish silversmiths have mastered the art of making pieces that look like they are in a pseudo-liquid state!
I have always loved Princess Leia's necklace! It is nice to learn more about it.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! These are so unusual & fluid! I am a very tactile person & all I can say is that I want to feel them in my fingers. I bet they are so smooth & lovely & heavy!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Do they sell the attitude needed to wear these pieces with it?! These are DA BOMB!!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
What beautiful statement pieces!

Loreal, thank You. These really are pieces which catches attention. I have got so many compliments even from stranger. More ironic is that my much loved Zoe and Rendezvous have got zero. Only my closest friends know what Z. and R. really are, but not even they share my passion to diamonds. Those are just rings for them, not more.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pieces! The Finnish silversmiths have mastered the art of making pieces that look like they are in a pseudo-liquid state!
I have always loved Princess Leia's necklace! It is nice to learn more about it.

Thanks, Crystal24k. Lapponia design is often described brutalist. These are more liquid, like You said. Texture of Lapponia silver is like sandblasted, not high polish like silver usually is. The surface is very much satin-like.

IMG_2975.JPG

IMG_2976.JPG

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! These are so unusual & fluid! I am a very tactile person & all I can say is that I want to feel them in my fingers. I bet they are so smooth & lovely & heavy!

Thanks Alex T. I must admit that I touch and roll them many times per day. And I love that noise they are keeping when I move my arms. Bracelets are designed the way, they have that "klang-klang" effect even wear alone. Plus they ARE heavy which make them feel more substantial. I can't go to anywhere in secret, because the noise! Not even to freezer to pick an icecream!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Do they sell the attitude needed to wear these pieces with it?! These are DA BOMB!!

LOL, LLJsmom!! I'm very happy they don't. If they did that, these might be too popular. Even in Finland I rarely see women wearing Lapponia. Kalevala Jewelry is very popular, but that time has passed on me.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're lovely, so different and unusual.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Crystal24k. Lapponia design is often described brutalist. These are more liquid, like You said. Texture of Lapponia silver is like sandblasted, not high polish like silver usually is. The surface is very much satin-like.

IMG_2975.JPG

IMG_2976.JPG
This is like beautiful silver satin fabric wrapped around your appendages! I LOVE IT!!! This strongly appeals to my artistic sensibility. Thank you so much for sharing these pieces with us.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
very very BOLD! statement pieces.. all look gorgeous.. your taste is exquisite.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like them...great way to dress up a casual outfit...love the unique design!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
This is like beautiful silver satin fabric wrapped around your appendages! I LOVE IT!!! This strongly appeals to my artistic sensibility. Thank you so much for sharing these pieces with us.

FeFeV, beautiful describtion, thank You. Björn Weckström is much, much more than the jewelry designer. He IS an true Artist with capitals

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I really like them...great way to dress up a casual outfit...love the unique design!

tyty333, also your words makes me very happy. Honestly, I hesitated many weeks to make a thread, because I thought no one understands my passion for this kind of stuff. Of course it didn't affect to my feelings, because I know these babies might be too much for most. But as Kenny always says; people vary.

impied

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! They look so stunning on you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Splendid pieces! I'd wear them in a heartbeat. They look very well on you!

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just saw your post Confection!
These are beautiful timeless peaces, IMO. Almost can feel smoothness of the surface and pleasant weight of the silver :love::love::love: It is quite a collection and it looks great on you!!!:appl::appl::appl:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw your post Confection!
These are beautiful timeless peaces, IMO. Almost can feel smoothness of the surface and pleasant weight of the silver :love::love::love: It is quite a collection and it looks great on you!!!:appl::appl::appl:

Roi, thank You. These are very comfortable to wear althought they are heavy. Or perhaps just because of that... I really can feel them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results