shape
carat
color
clarity

Something just about ready for you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is what I call a Shape Selector. It is nearly ready and I thought some of you would enjoy seeing it.

You can plug numbers in and get the L:W ratio or you can just use the slider. Then you can use the bulge tools to make the shape change....

Have some fun. See what the future looks like today.
http://dev.gemappraisers.com/shapepicker.asp?shape=0

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Cool Dave. I like how the picture adjusts so you can see what the stone would look like.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Consumers will be able to let a vendor know the range of shape they might like better with this tool. You will be able to "submit" your choice to a vendor via email.

A vendor can also use this tool to send you back a range of available shapes.

Getting a handle on how L:W ratio affects the look of a diamond or how bulge affects outline are elements necessary to picking a fancy shaped diamond.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I love this. I used emerald as my guide for asscher and I also used the round, oval, cushion setting. I like 1.10:1 for the emerald and like 1:1 with 45% bulge for the cushion. I might consider cushion cut now. I would like to see a real one.

Again, love it!
3.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dave is it possible for me to use this on my site as well? Due credit given of course.
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rhino:

This was specifically designed to be used as an "affiliation" residing on various vendor websites. The answer, of course, is yes, as that was the intention.

I want to have vendors get the ability to describe and sell more fancy shaped diamonds. In the process, AGA will get information about the shapes people are selecting. We won't keep email addresses or contact info, but we will learn what people choose to submit to vendors as a "preference". This data may prove useful or informative.

I think the job will be done very soon and we can get this up for your site.

Also on my AGA NEW site will be DIY AGA Cut Class grading.
Fill in the parameters and get the AGA Cut Class FOR FREE.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haha... you never cease to amaze me Dave.
1.gif
Thanks for the input. Heading down to Texas this morning so perhaps we'll pursue this upon my arrival if that's ok. Thanks!!! I think it's an excellent tool.

Jonathan

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Dave ~ As always thanks for the information. This will be a great tool to sell fancy shapes. People love the visual stuff. I talk about length to width ratios with my customers but Im sure most of that info goes over their head, this will help.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Dave, you're the greatest!

Beith

Rough_Rock
It is neat but visualizing just the shape is not enough. The data concerning how cut will affect brillance or fire on the fancies are still very limited. It would be nice to have a tool to allow plug in of the table%, depth%, crown/pavillion angle, similar to the HCA or the diamondcalc for the Rbs.

The consumers might like a certain shape with some L/D proportions but they also want to know the effects of how brilliant is affected. For rectangular shapes like the radiant, as the L/D increases, depth also increases somehow to account for the mismatch in the L direction. The overall brilliance of the stone will not be as optimum as the squares or the rounds. The bow tie effects of the pear and the oval are more prominent as the L/D or the bulging factor deviates from nominal.

In summary, the consumers might like the shape but not the resulting brilliance, they might be disappointed when they actually receive the stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results