shape
carat
color
clarity

Something borrowed, something blue- my "new" antique sapphire & diamond ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
I have GREAT news! My mom came over to visit me today and gave me a little box wrapped in gold paper... always a good sign. (I am getting married in 19 days and she said this is my wedding gift)... I had been gaga over this ring at a local jewelry store, absolutely falling in LOVE with it the first time I saw it. Well, she got me the ring! I''m so thrilled I don''t even know what to say, thank you just didn''t seem enough.

I am going to get it appraised (for insurance purposes) sometime next week, hopefully. What I do know:

Platinum setting, approx. 1920''s era (if anyone knows differently, please tell me, we''re not sure)
28 melee diamonds, my best guess is 0.02 cts each (?). Totally eye clean and facing up pretty white
2 small marquise side diamonds, perhaps 1/10 ct each? I''m very bad at guessing these things.
One beautiful cornflower blue sapphire, I have no idea what the official name of this is. It looks much darker in the pics than in real life.

Any thoughts on the history or makeup of this ring? These are all really just guesses.

Sapphireweddingring.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Picture number two... from the side

Sapphireweddingringside.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh my--ONLY TWO pictures?????? How cruel-----
2.gif
. More please--this ring is a beauty.....congrats!

cheers--Sharon

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do hope there are more pics to come! What a sweet gift from your mom - and such a stunning and beautiful ring design! Do show us more!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a fabulous wedding gift. The ring is just gorgous. I''d wear that as my something blue and old in a heartbeat.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a beautiful and special gift!!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
How awsome. Love the ring. Even more special coming from mom.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful! Congrats!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a special and lovely gift your mom gave you. That you had your eye on it and she bought it for you is sooo sweet. Wow your wedding is just around the corner, this something blue sure is a treasure!! Wishing you all the best on your wedding day, and wear this ring in the best of health!! It''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

We''d love more pics if you have time!!!
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is so beautiful. I hope someday, you can give it to your daughter as her something blue! You must be so excited about how close it all is. That was wonderful of your mom to do that! Cannot tell if it is Edwardian Victorian or Deco, and it is lovely...

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Can your mom adopt me? Its sooo gorgeous!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh very nice!
36.gif

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your compliments... IF I get a chance I will take pictures this afternoon, but no guarantees :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your mom is so sweet! What a special gift.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How special!!!! I love it, what a beautiful color!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
REALLY LOVELY!!!!! Hooray!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is beautiful! What a lucky daughter you are to have such a sweet mom! More pictures please when you get the chance.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring and a special gift from your mother. PLEASE more pictures.

Linda

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is REALLY beautiful! i love how detailed it is, and period rings are just so full of character and history. Wear it in good healh!

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG....
23.gif
...I think your ring is just GORGEOUS!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It looks like a beautiful sapphire, and that mounting!! I love the way they used the marquises!

It's hard to tell from photographs, but it certainly looks like an authentic vintage piece to me...Deco era, '20s-'30s. (Your appraiser should be able to tell you for sure.)

What a find! It's a treasure. (and so is your Mom!
5.gif
)

...and congrats on your rapidly approaching Big Day!

widget

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring.
21.gif
I can see why you love it so much!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it is gorgeous! How thoughtful of your mother!

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Your mom is awesome!

Happy Mother''s day to her!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results