shape
carat
color
clarity

Something Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had extra blue akoyas left over from my blue akoya necklace that I bought from Pearl Paradise and decided to have earrings custom made. For the price my husband paid for these, I could have bought a few pairs of earrings.........but that is a whole other thread...
7.gif
I do love how they turned out though and I think they will be that perfect "something blue" for my daughter to wear on her wedding day.
1.gif

bluevintakoya.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif

silverbluedeco.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif

vintageblueakoya.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pics to follow.... I gotta get to work!!

So pretty!!!! I love the subtle hint of blue- they''re perfect!
36.gif
30.gif

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Love them CCN! Very unique and beautiful!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
more pics.... I really like the way the jeweler did the satin/brushed finished within the leaves...........

detailsinakoya.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20.gif
ugh.... I hate that my neck looks so fat.....

bsakoy.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

chippednails.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How pretty! I love the 'flower' design.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Those are just gorgeous! The silver blue akoyas are quite lovely it looks like. Nice use of the extras!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
CCN,

I love your blue akoyas which I saw on another thread. Drool. These earrings are beautiful and how wonderful for your daughter''s wedding. They are gorgeous, I love them. A very thoughtful and loving mom you are.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow...they are truly beautiful! What a perfect "something blue!"

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful earrings, I love drop style earrings with a lot of movement, and these look like they would move fabulously. Love them
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! I am really enjoying the way these look on. Usually you can''t see the earrings that I wear because my hair covers them...but these show up nicely.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!!!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
These are *so* wonderful!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
CCN, pic # 4 and #5 really shows the beauty and color of the pearls. Nice job! Are the findings white gold or silver? I really like the style.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2010 10:14:02 AM
Author: HHPmom
CCN, pic # 4 and #5 really shows the beauty and color of the pearls. Nice job! Are the findings white gold or silver? I really like the style.

Thanks everyone! HHP... these are in whitegold.. and thank you! I came up with the design meself
1.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Who is the vendor? I don''t have a license to buy wholesale. Any chance it''s from Riogrande or bellafindings?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2010 4:52:39 PM
Who is the vendor? I don''t have a license to buy wholesale. Any chance it''s from Riogrande or bellafindings?

These were actually custom made by a local jeweler. I did not expect to get a wholesale price since they were custom made,however, the jeweler quoted my husband a very reasonable price and then when they where finished, he handed him an invoice with the price being $500 more. No appraisal. The invoice didn''t even state what carat gold it was and the diamond weight/clarity/color...etc...... just the price. We did not want him to do custom and we stated that up front as I know I could have bought earrings very similiar that included the pearls for half the price of these. Sorry, I wish I was able to recommend someone. Although these earrings are very well made (with the exception of the shoddy milligrain around the diamonds), I think I will be looking for a reasonable jeweler that will stick with the quote he gave me.

You know, that really brings up the question of how much more ($) than a "quote" is actually acceptable. IMO $500 is A LOT to be off of on a quote.

Either way- you have them now and they''re lovely!

How old is your daughter? Is she getting married soon?
10.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2010 10:12:40 PM
Author: swedish bean
You know, that really brings up the question of how much more ($) than a ''quote'' is actually acceptable. IMO $500 is A LOT to be off of on a quote.

Either way- you have them now and they''re lovely!

How old is your daughter? Is she getting married soon?
10.gif

I agree wholeheartedly Swedish! I could use $500 right now!!! My daughter is 11 so it won''t be for awhile!
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty design!

Even though she''s only 11- that''s still completely sooooo sweet to think of her! I would totally wear those to my wedding
21.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I like the design and thought you made this yourself with the findings from Riogrande or bellafindings, which I had the intention to copycat.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2010 10:15:45 PM
I like the design and thought you made this yourself with the findings from Riogrande or bellafindings, which I had the intention to copycat.

I do have one extra pearl, so if I choose to make a necklace, I will definately seek those vendors out. Although I love these earrings, they ended up being way over budget! Thanks everyone!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
The earrings are gorgeous but 500 over what was quoted? That''s insane! I''ve had that happen too. Quoted one thing, winded up paying another.. ugh. So unfair.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Elle.... I am still reeling at the price though. The jeweler and my DH talked and would you believe the jeweler told him that he was miffed that I didn''t call him or email him telling him what I thought of the earrings???? He said this after he explained why it got so expensive, yada, yada............... I still think he should have called my husband or me to give me the "heads-up" that it was going to cost a little more and tell me the reason why so that I wouldn''t be left guessing. The invoice stated nothing on it exept the price. Anyhoo, I just wonder how this got turned around on me??
15.gif
Sorry to be sour grapes....... I am enjoying the earrings though...I would have liked to have enjoyed them at a lesser price............
5.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t feel bad, CCN. It''s good that you like them and are wearing them a lot. It could have been worse that you didn''t like them as much. Enjoy them!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results