shape
carat
color
clarity

Something a little different. Tension set moissanite!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I love his videos. He’s so enthusiastic and always super informative.

I always said that a diamond is more like looking into a pool of water, as opposed to Moissanite which can lack depth. I assume because of the double refraction? Regardless, his stones are beautiful, and cut better than the majority of the diamonds out there. Only when comparing to a super ideal diamond can you really distinguish the difference. Compared to a poorly cut diamond, I’m sure it would outperform.

I’m no jeweler so I base my decision on opinion and not fact, but it makes sense to me. :lol:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
lovedogs, thank you for posting these links. :love: I can definitely see what you are talking about. Both are gorgeous but in their own way. :kiss2:

Ugh, I should be saving money but now I want another AV... :oops2::roll2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For fun I tried pairing my new ring with bands this morning. My 4mm eternity from tiyanu makes my ring look small, my regular wedding band looks too tiny and weird, and my older FB 3/4 eternity has not very well cut or white stones. But I think the size of the 3mm is almost ok. I might try ordering a 2.5mm colorless eternity from tianyu to see.

Enjoy pics! I felt like Goldilocks (this is too small, this is too big) haha. 20190313_120405.jpg
This one is way too small!

20190313_120343.jpg
Way too big!

And maybe just right??
20190313_115508.jpg 20190313_115457.jpg

Attachments

• 20190313_115436.jpg
    20190313_115436.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 31

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
For fun I tried pairing my new ring with bands this morning. My 4mm eternity from tiyanu makes my ring look small, my regular wedding band looks too tiny and weird, and my older FB 3/4 eternity has not very well cut or white stones. But I think the size of the 3mm is almost ok. I might try ordering a 2.5mm colorless eternity from tianyu to see.

Enjoy pics! I felt like Goldilocks (this is too small, this is too big) haha. 20190313_120405.jpg
This one is way too small!

20190313_120343.jpg
Way too big!

And maybe just right??
20190313_115508.jpg 20190313_115457.jpg

I actually think the one you think is way too small is just PERFECT! It looks awesome! :love::love::love: Although in general I have this weird love of very thick bands with one edge rimmed by small diamonds. Can't tell you why, just think it looks beautiful. :kiss2:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, I like the smallest band a lot. But they're all delicious eye candy. :love: I cannot get over how nice your AV looks! I am going to the jeweler today so I can finally set mine!

I'm actually jealous you have an eternity ring(s). I go back and forth with whether I want one or not, although maybe it's good that my boyfriend is mad at how much I've spent these past couple months. :cry2::naughty: It will give me more time to think. :kiss2::lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Lykame and @sd_flp ! It's funny, bc looking at the pics,I also like the thin one! In person I felt like it was tiny. That band also annoys me bc it's a 1/2 eternity and always spins, so I might just be biased against it haha.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Lykame and @sd_flp ! It's funny, bc looking at the pics,I also like the thin one! In person I felt like it was tiny. That band also annoys me bc it's a 1/2 eternity and always spins, so I might just be biased against it haha.
I have never thought much about tension settings but I absolutely love the simplicity of this. Does the moissanite feel really secure in the setting? The arrows on the AV are just TDF! I love looking at the precision of the cut. Luckyrabbit just did some comparison photo’s of the Amora vs the AV side by side in all lighting conditions. I hope she puts them up on the AV thread. There are small differences but her AV stone is lower in color grade but whiter than than the colorless Amora w/o the premium price tag.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So after wearing the 3mm 3/4 eternity band all day, I realized that I wasn't comfortable with the overall look and width. I'm wearing the thinner band today and am much more comfortable with it!

20190314_085628.jpg 20190314_085630.jpg

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I like the look of the medium sized band, but like you, I do t have a ton of real estate between knuckles. I don’t dislike the smaller band by any means, but can imagine how much more comfortable it is!

In my book, comfort trumps aesthetics *most* days :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the look of the medium sized band, but like you, I do t have a ton of real estate between knuckles. I don’t dislike the smaller band by any means, but can imagine how much more comfortable it is!

Haha. Yeah, there might need to be a middle ground. Maybe like 2 or 2.5mm would be a happy medium between 1.5 or 1.8mm ish and 3mm.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
So after wearing the 3mm 3/4 eternity band all day, I realized that I wasn't comfortable with the overall look and width. I'm wearing the thinner band today and am much more comfortable with it!

20190314_085628.jpg 20190314_085630.jpg

Man... Perfection... *Swoons*

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lol, me too!! It's definitely growing on me, but think I'd still prefer it slightly bigger. Might buy the super cheap ones from berricle to try on sizes and make a final choice.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
lol, me too!! It's definitely growing on me, but think I'd still prefer it slightly bigger. Might buy the super cheap ones from berricle to try on sizes and make a final choice.

Good idea! Sign up for their emails and you can save 20% off your first order. :twisted2:

BMI

Shiny_Rock
I actually think the one you think is way too small is just PERFECT! It looks awesome! :love::love::love:
@lovedogs I couldn't agree more! Your original diamond band brings your new tension set ring to a higher level IMO! They complement one another beautifully and the look reminds me of one of the fancier settings you were originally considering with the diamonds on the side of the band.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs I love your ring! Thank you for all the good info and comparisons between the AV, Diamelia, and CBI - I really appreciate them. And count me as another vote for the thinner dainty band - the contrast between it and the boldness of the tension setting complement each other perfectly!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t check your thread for a few days and... bam! New ring. :eek2: It was finished in freaking record time and it turned out perfectly! I love the polish on the metal... It almost looks liquid. And it looks amazing on you!! :love: This is definitely not a placeholder ring. She’s the real deal. :cool2:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning @lovedogs!! I love your new ring with your thin wedding band! It looks gorgeous. I was never a fan of tension settings to begin with, but yours is simply beautiful! :kiss2:

AndieH05

Rough_Rock
Yeah, it's seriously mind blowing. I don't regret my CBI for one minute, because it's amazing and it's my only e-ring (this would be an alternative or sometimes RHR, but there's only one original that I chose with my DH). I wanted the best possible stone , so no regrets. But I also want to be honest for other posters who aren't in the financial position to spend that kind of $$. I honestly have trouble finding differences (although of course there are always differences that more experienced eyes could pick up). I seriously think the AV blows every other moissy I've ever seen away.
What is AV?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is AV?
August vintage. It's a company that sells precision cut moissanite. There's a thread dedicated to stones from there that has tons of awesome eye candy!

BMI

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs Thank you so much for all of the great info and pictures in this thread!!! Thanks to you I will be setting my original 4.8mm diamond in a Boone tension setting. I am going with a 5mm wide Fusion style and am trying to decide exactly what size to order. https://www.boonerings.com/largepics/fusion.jpg
I purchased a 5mm stainless steel band from Amazon and it fits me quite comfortably in the size 8. (I wear my rings loose for comfort and to easily get over the knuckle, plus my hands swell and shrink a lot during the day. Most of my 2-3 mm wide rings are size 7&1/2.) My question is: does the open space on the top of your finger make the ring looser than a full band? Of course, your stone is larger so your opening is a little over 2mm wider than mine will be, but I am just wondering how that open space affects the sizing. I sincerely appreciate any help you can offer me.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs Thank you so much for all of the great info and pictures in this thread!!! Thanks to you I will be setting my original 4.8mm diamond in a Boone tension setting. I am going with a 5mm wide Fusion style and am trying to decide exactly what size to order. https://www.boonerings.com/largepics/fusion.jpg
I purchased a 5mm stainless steel band from Amazon and it fits me quite comfortably in the size 8. (I wear my rings loose for comfort and to easily get over the knuckle, plus my hands swell and shrink a lot during the day. Most of my 2-3 mm wide rings are size 7&1/2.) My question is: does the open space on the top of your finger make the ring looser than a full band? Of course, your stone is larger so your opening is a little over 2mm wider than mine will be, but I am just wondering how that open space affects the sizing. I sincerely appreciate any help you can offer me.
Yeah I think it makes it feel a bit bigger due to the opening. But its nothing that makes a huge difference or that makes the ring feel loose

BMI

Shiny_Rock
Yeah I think it makes it feel a bit bigger due to the opening. But its nothing that makes a huge difference or that makes the ring feel loose
Thanks! I just love looking at your ring and have stalked this thread incessantly for two months. :mrgreen2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I just love looking at your ring and have stalked this thread incessantly for two months. :mrgreen2:
Awww so nice!!! I have worn it almost everyday since it came and absolutely adore it. And now I wear the skinny band with it and love the overall look 20190530_124305.jpg 20190530_124331.jpg 20190530_124259.jpg

BMI

Shiny_Rock
Haha, you must have read my mind! I was wondering if you've still been wearing it with the thin diamond band. Glad you are loving it, I think they are perfect together! I don't want to be a bother but I do have a couple more questions.

I thought I read that you went up a quarter size when you ordered this ring but that you felt you didn't really need to. (Though I can't find that comment anywhere in this thread so perhaps I made it up.) Did you indeed go up by a quarter size and if so are you happy you did now that you've been wearing the ring with a band for a while and the weather is a bit warmer?
And my second question is do you know how thick the metal is at the sides of your ring between your fingers?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, you must have read my mind! I was wondering if you've still been wearing it with the thin diamond band. Glad you are loving it, I think they are perfect together! I don't want to be a bother but I do have a couple more questions.

I thought I read that you went up a quarter size when you ordered this ring but that you felt you didn't really need to. (Though I can't find that comment anywhere in this thread so perhaps I made it up.) Did you indeed go up by a quarter size and if so are you happy you did now that you've been wearing the ring with a band for a while and the weather is a bit warmer?
And my second question is do you know how thick the metal is at the sides of your ring between your fingers?
I went up .25 (to 7.25), and it fits great. Maybe a touch loose, but that's good bc it gets insanely hot here in the summer. Here's a pic of the sides. It doesn't feel thick at all! In fact I often forget I'm wearing it at all.

20190530_154024.jpg

BMI

Shiny_Rock
I went up .25 (to 7.25), and it fits great. Maybe a touch loose, but that's good bc it gets insanely hot here in the summer. Here's a pic of the sides. It doesn't feel thick at all! In fact I often forget I'm wearing it at all.
Thanks so much! I'm really hoping the titanium feels light on my finger even though the ring will be wider and thicker than any of my other rings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results