shape
carat
color
clarity

Something a bit unusual...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Freke- what a great rock! Firey little guy for sure... can''t wait to see how you set it!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks icekid! I''m going to wander over to your new thread in a few minutes...

SDL That setting is so beautiful! I think it would look stunning with a vibrant sapphire!!!Oooo....I do hope you can make it happen!! I love the antique feel it has!!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
That will be such a nice gift for your husband! have you started looking for a stone yet?
That setting you posted is beautiful. Would it be cheaper to go custom?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Psst...SDL I think it''ll be totally fabulous! And what a cool sounding ring for your lucky hubby! If you need any help, we are here for you!!

And I''m wondering the same thing as IK, would it be cheaper to go custom?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think your hubby is a very very lucky guy....I wish FF liked bling. Oh well.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Awesome stone Freke....one of a kind.....congratulations!!!!
36.gif

Lori

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lori!! Dan called it strange-which it is. And I love it. It''s very smoky and mysterious looking. I''ve been carrying it everywhere to catch it in every light condition, and it''s different under everything!

Even my super picky friend liked it...

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I love it.....very unusual and unlike anything anyone else has....I''ve never seen a color like that before....TOTALLY FAB!!!!
30.gif

Lori

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If tension would look masculine, how about a split shank with either trilliant side stones, or a semi bezel of some sort - both would look modern and simple.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I'm still in love with this setting from the natural sapphire co. link It might look cool with your beauty!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lori Me either! I love it, and it is definitely a one of a kind.

ma re Not that a tension would look really masculine, but that it could. I''d have to be particular about it. I won''t put it with any side stones, because I''m afraid that they will take away from the center stone--and that''s a no no! Lol. I''m probably going to sit on it for a while-between limited funds, and a lack of ideas...time is on my side.

gecko! It would look awesome with some claw prongs! Hmmm....That setting is gorgeous, regardless...

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Freke, I''m glad you have this beauty to take your mind off of your "other" project for a bit.......
21.gif

Lori

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heck yeah! I need a break from that sucker!

And I just got a nice check in the mail....which means....SETTINGS....

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Very cool, Freke! I''d love to see it in person. Looks very moody and tempestuous!

fireopal

Rough_Rock
what stone is this?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Coati! I think it''s definitely something that Bandit Bunny would be interested in...Although he tends to like bigger blingier items. It''s very moody. It kind of reminds me of the dark clouds here in NM right before a huge thunderstorm.

fireopal It''s a spinel. A very unusual one. I don''t think that most cutters would even try to cut it because of the dark gray color. I''m grateful that Dan did.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
haHA Freke! Bandit Bunny loves many a gem, and he can be quite moody himself! This stone appeals to his stormy side. He's never been to NM either.
27.gif

Also, he's waiting for your future ering...
bandit.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 7:59:16 PM
Author: coatimundi
haHA Freke! Bandit Bunny loves many a gem, and he can be quite moody himself! This stone appeals to his stormy side. He''s never been to NM either.
27.gif

Also, he''s waiting for your future ering...
bandit.gif
But the question is, is he waiting for all of my other projects?

It does seem like something that Bandit Bunny would appreciate though. Dark and moody. Seems like something he''d keep around for himself and not sell.

He''s going to have a hard time getting his mitts on my ering.
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results