shape
carat
color
clarity

SOMEONE PLEASE LOOK AT THESE SPECS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prettyoval

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, this is my 1st time on here, i joined because i was looking up info on the diamond my friend just purchased for me from a b and m store, i now know that means brick and mortar thanks to u all...lol ;-). i have the diamond now and can return it w/n a month if its not good. i think it''s absolutely beautiful, but...i don''t know if it''s too deep. here are the specs:

oval
E color
vvs2
depth 66.3%
table 63 %
girdle: slightly thick to thick faceted
culet: none
vg polish
vg symmetry
fluorescence: faint
dimensions; 6.62 x 4.90 x 3.25mm ...... how do i get the ratio from this info, it''s not on the gia cert

i don''t see any bow tie effect but, i almost think i see the platinum band through the diamond, is this normal, i know there was absolutely no bow tie effect prior to the diamond being set. i could just be a little paranoid because it was expensive. i''ve priced some diamonds on-line but they are all pretty close to the price or higher, however, i now realize i could have a lot more diamond with less clarity, so help please, thank u all in advance.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t tell by the numbers from a fancy, we require an ASET image or some image... But if you like it when compare to others outside of store lighting, it is what your eyes like, much more important than any of our opinion.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 6:34:27 PM
Author:prettyoval
Hello everyone, this is my 1st time on here, i joined because i was looking up info on the diamond my friend just purchased for me from a b and m store, i now know that means brick and mortar thanks to u all...lol ;-). i have the diamond now and can return it w/n a month if its not good. i think it's absolutely beautiful, but...i don't know if it's too deep. here are the specs:

oval
E color
vvs2
depth 66.3%
table 63 %
girdle: slightly thick to thick faceted
culet: none
vg polish
vg symmetry
fluorescence: faint
dimensions; 6.62 x 4.90 x 3.25mm ...... how do i get the ratio from this info, it's not on the gia cert

i don't see any bow tie effect but, i almost think i see the platinum band through the diamond, is this normal, i know there was absolutely no bow tie effect prior to the diamond being set. i could just be a little paranoid because it was expensive. i've priced some diamonds on-line but they are all pretty close to the price or higher, however, i now realize i could have a lot more diamond with less clarity, so help please, thank u all in advance.
Firstly see if you can compare it with other ovals, if you like the diamond and would like to find out more about its cut quality, then order an ASET scope below.

http://www.ideal-scope.com/cart_zoom_item.asp?Id=23&ShowAdd=Y

They are easy to use and will tell you more about how your diamond is cut.

http://www.ideal-scope.com/using_reference_chart_ASET.asp

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Dividing 6.62 by 4.90, you get 1.35 ratio. Hope that helps.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 6:30:43 AM
Author: megeve
Thanks meg, I missed that!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 6:33:53 AM
Author: Lorelei

21.gif
Just following your footsteps, being helpful!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 6:40:40 AM

Date: 2/21/2009 6:33:53 AM
Author: Lorelei

21.gif
Just following your footsteps, being helpful!!
You are too kind, thanks dear!!!
35.gif

prettyoval

Rough_Rock
Thanks, i really do think it''s pretty

prettyoval

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much!
21.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 1:21:55 PM
Author: prettyoval
Thanks, i really do think it's pretty
Are you keeping it? The main thing is if you find it beautiful, thats what it is all about in the end!

prettyoval

Rough_Rock
Thank you
21.gif

prettyoval

Rough_Rock
I am, i don''t see any bow-tie, however, if i look directly in the center of the stone, i see very clear thin triangles, i don''t know if that''s good or bad, it may be because the table is a little bigger than what i normally see. I used to have a .33 round, and i thought it was the most beautiful diamond ever. This one is bigger with much better clarity, but i can''t remember if i could actually look into the round and see through it so clearly. I am going to keep it, because i can always upgrade but i do get attached, so i may have it for years. (lol)
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to you!! Wear it in good health and happiness!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results