shape
carat
color
clarity

Someone PLEASE Help Me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rock-man

Rough_Rock
Sorry I messed up, thanks anyway.

Rock-man

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rockman... Can you post more infos?? Crown, pavilion, girdle, polis, symmetry, fluorescence... Also, is it eye clean??
BTW, a 5.4 score isn't definitely the best start...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay this post confused me until I saw that the poster had revised it 3 times...removing some of the stuff that Giangi had remarked against. I was thinking..am I missing something?

Wow...$1500 for a 3 carat stone? Have to say..GOOD LUCK. You could maybe get a 3c O color I3 for that money on eBay...though of course I would never recommend that. For $1500, you are better off buying a .50c (yes that is half a carat) stone that is excellently cut with good color and clarity. No one wants to wear a 3c black rock on their finger. Some of the diamonds I have seen on eBay have downright scary pictures. We've posted some of them in the past. Ick!

Good luck. Hope you can bring down your expectations a bit or dredge up some more funds?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
[/quote]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2629315933&category=10216

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2629485373&category=10216

for comparison, an I1 that still looks somewhat dirty and is much more expensive (wow look at that big girdle!!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2628751816&category=10216

on priceescope, there are stones that are 2c I I1 for $4000, found one that is 2.65 J I1 for $3700, and then there are others that range between $5k-10k for I/J SI2-I2, and that is not even looking for a 'well cut' stone.

for comparison, here is an excellent cut .54c G SI1 stone ACA AGS0 H&A that should be very beautiful in person and blow away any of the previous stones posted, for $1563 (i know the page says $1600 but the $1563 is for pricescope visitors...)
http://www.whiteflash.com/acut/diamond_details.asp?ItemCode=2395

a huge difference. good luck!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I had to re-read this post three times.....I was SURE I was misreading something.

Rock-man, I'm truly not trying to rain on your parade, but believe me.....any 3-carat diamond in the $1500 range isn't one worth having. If the budget cannot be increased and you need a stone with big presence, I'd suggest going with a precious or semi-precious gemstone instead of a diamond.

If it has to be a diamond, then readjust your parameters and get a smaller but beautiful well-cut diamond in the half-carat range. This choice could be converted to an excellent pendant down the line when money is a bit less tight and you want to upgrade to a quality larger diamond.

Mara, great example on that "dirty" I1 stone.....and did you notice, that was AFTER laser drilling? Yuck.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Got no clue... Should I edit my post??

BTW, a 3cts for $1500
eek.gif
eek.gif
??

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I noticed that Rock Man posted previously under a thread titled HELP. Seems he bought a diamond where he posted the following:

>I recently just purchased a round diamond with the HCA at 5.4 >and the dimisions are this:
>Cert:GIA
>color:G
>clarity:SI2
>measurements:8.01x8.04x4.93
>depth:61.5
>table:57.7
>crown:34.3'
>Pavil:41.5'
>culet0
>girdle:TN-MF
>Fluorescence:none
>polish:very good
>symm:good

>Is this a good diamond for an engagement?

Maybe this will help clear or further to muddy the waters on this topic??!!

confused.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 4/18/2003 12:35:57 PM rock-man wrote:

I need a 3 carat diamond and only have $1500.00, what should I buy.

Thanks,

the Rock
----------------

Don't waste your money on piece of garbage. You're better off buying a cubic zirconia. Even a clarity enhanced 3ct diamond in that price range is going to look MUCH WORSE than a sim. Do you want your lady wearing a stone that looks terrible next to a fake? I'd rather get the fake and pocket the cash until I had the bucks to get something decent.

My .02c

Rhino

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 4/18/2003 9:37:58 PM pqcollectibles wrote:

>measurements:8.01x8.04x4.93
----------------

This is not a 3 carat diamond. The mm should be more like 9.3 or so.

Also, are you sure you didn't mean $15,000?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the one he bought was 1.90c or something like that--in his edited post you can see the original specs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results