shape
carat
color
clarity

Someone...pinch me!!!! **** I''M ENGAGED !!!!! ****

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I'm still on Cloud 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif

I've had a smile on my face since it hapenned!!!!. OMG!!!. He proposed Friday afternoon!!!. Sorry I couldn't come tell you the news sooner! I was dying to but it has been such a crazy weekend!!!!. I feel like I'm dreaming and I just keep on doing happy dances!!!!!!!!!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I thought that maybe he was going to propose on our sky trip next week, but he thought I would be expecting it so he wanted to catch me by surprise!

Friday I went over to his house to work form there in the afternoon and stay thee the rest of the weekend. Then he called me like at 3pm and asked me if I was busy...I said no really, but that wasn't unsual since he usually gets out of work early on Fridays and always calls me to see how I'm doing. Anyway...he came over, we hugged, said hello, he hugged my (our!) doggie..the usual
30.gif

Then he asked me if I liked the new kitchen nook table. We picked it out together from Poterry Barn, I said yes, I loved it!...so he asks me again if I really like it, I say of course! plus the chairs are so comfortable!!!....so I go ahead and sit in one of the chairs and he says. Well, I'm glad you like it because this will be your table!. I said, yes I know...and then he starts kneeling down
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
and says something like: This will be our table, because this will be your house, because I want you to be with me forever...(at this point I have my hands in my face and can't believe what is hapenning!!!!!)...and he says "Will you marry me?".....awwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

All I manage to say (in between smiles and shock, and red face and teary eyes) is: Are you joking???? This wouldn't be funny!!!...hahaha...then I hug him...he asks "ok, so what is that? a yes??"...I say yes! I satrt jumping, we're hugging, kissing, etc....OMG!!! I'm just SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He then tells me he just got the ring that morning and was just going to wait for the perfect moment that day...and the moment came like 5 minutes after he walked into the house! haha. He had called my dad the day before to ask for his blessing
9.gif
9.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I'm just crazy happy and in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He had reservations for my favorite restaurant and had a bottle of very nice champagne in the fridge. We started celebrating right away, then went to dinner and then had some friends over. They had no idea so we got to surprise them...It was great!!!!!!!!!

The ring is absolutely AMAZING, everything I wanted!!!. It's a 1.5 round brilliant in a platinum 4-prong band!! It's beautiful!! I can't stop looking at it!!! He got it at Blue Nile and it sparkles like crazy!!!!!!!!. He has been doing research on it for a while and said I would drive him crazy sometimes with questions...hehe
12.gif
. I told him "I wasn't THAT bad"....and he looks over at our dog and says "no she wasn't...was she buddy? she's been great!"...hehe. Ok, I was a little bad
11.gif

The next morning as we got up, he gave me a hug and said "good morning, my wife to be!!!"...

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I'm just so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I'm still dreaming, it was perfect, we're just so perfect for each other and can't wait for our life together!!!!!

Thank you PS and my LIWs!!! for keeping me sane (ok, I wasn't completely sane
2.gif
)

Hugs!!!

M~

(pictures to come as soon as I can download them!!!)

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

PICTURES PLEASE! Lol!

*M*

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering what you were up to this weekend! Congratulations sweetie I'm so happy for you!!!!
36.gif

ETA: TAKE YOURSELF OFF THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
OH MY GOODNESS! That is one of the sweetest, most well-deserved proposal stories I''ve heard an a very very long time! How wonderful!

Congratulations to you and your FI...what a beautiful start to a wonderful life!

All the best to you both!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! And what a sweet proposal!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Mandarine!!!!!!!!!!

Your joy and excitement are absolutely palpable....Heartiest congratulations!!!!
30.gif

widget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay mandarine! that''s so fabulous, i knew your wait would pay off soon girl...you have been amazingly patient....CONGRATS!!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
WOO-HOOOOOOOO, Mandarine!

CONGRATULATIONS! SO happy for you both! YAY

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

This is just such a happy time that I can''t even keep quiet...I have seriously been doing happy dances all weekend long!! my *FIANCE* keeps laughing at me! haha. We''re just so happy
1.gif

The ring is actually too big, I''m a 4.5, and it''s a 5.5....so I bought a ring guard for now! I have to send it back to Bluenile but it''s going to take like 2-3 weeks!!!!
6.gif
. I now, I waited this long, what''s 2-3 weeks! But I don''t want to take it off! I''m ging to wait a couple of weeks before I send it!!!

Now if I could only find the camera cable I could download the pictures!!!!!!!! I have NO idea where it is!!!!
32.gif
Just when you need it the most!!! Where could it be!!!??

M~

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!! I''m so excited for you and it''s wonderful to hear you are so thrilled! Can''t wait to see your pics soon.

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Mandarine!!! Looks like being keeper of the list really did help things along!

as a side note, if your camera has a little storage disk (probably near the battery) on it you can take that out and stick it in the computer, and download the pics.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
WOOHOO Miss (soon to be Mrs.) Mandarine!! I am so absolutely thrilled for you. Pics, pics, pics!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!! You're all so sweet! I wish I could hug all of you...better yet, I wish I could invite all of you over here and then we could have a proper toast!!!...haha

I tried putting the memory stick in the laptop but it won't fit! I think my laptop only takes the Sony memory sticks and I have a canon. I must have left the cable at the office, so I'll have to wait until then to download the pics!.
9.gif

The ring is just so sparkly!! I feel like I should take it off when I'm driving because I keep staring at it and I could easily get distracted!!!! It's just perfect!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

M~

ETA: BF and I decided to not talk about wedding plans yet until a little after our trip, we want to just celebrate and enjoy THIS time....I thought that was a great idea, no planning....BUT I had to get my wedding ****! I bought my first bridal magazine! it's huge!!!!!....I was like a kid at a candy store choosing which one I wanted, while BF just looked at me smiling
9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Mandarine! How exciting! Can''t wait to see pictures.
9.gif

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Mandarine! I''m so happy for you!!! YEA!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine,
I thought I''d check the threads one more time before bed and am soooooo glad I did!
Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif

I am really happy for you!!! You have a great proposal story and I''m so glad he decided not to wait for the trip. I love the "are you joking?" part b/c I was exactly the same way. When you''ve been waiting, you have to be SURE it''s the real thing!
The wedding mags are fun to look at, I have to admit. I can''t say that I waited until I was engaged to look. The planning will be fun too and you have plenty of time.
Yay, I''m so excited for you!!! Can''t wait to see the pics! Now your trip will be even that much more special.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome, congrats Mandarine!!!!! So happy for you. Best wishes to you both!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
I too decided to check the board before going to sleep, and your thread caught my attention right away! that is such a sweet proposal!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Can''t wait to see your beautiful sparkly ring! How nice that he wanted to surprise you before your trip, and now you have it to celebrate! How wonderful!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Congratulations Mandarine!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MANDARINE!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Good things really DO come to those who wait. Maybe if you hold your hand just right, you can blind your evil neighbors.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, what terrific news! Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

SparkleIllinois

Rough_Rock
YES!!!! So excited for you. We knew this was coming sometime soon but it sounds like it was at the perfect time, with the perfect ring, you DESERVE to be on cloud nine. Hugs and high fives!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
MANDARRRRIIIIINNEEE!!! YAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!! Oh, my word. I am so thrilled for you both. Shay is joining you in a happy dance as she types. (over look the typos please)

I love the proposal. I also love that he wants to just enjoy this special time, savor it. This special moment will not come again (your dreams have culminated for a while). The next special one will be the wedding. Take the time to really appreciate each other for who you are and what you bring to each other. Again, congrats. I am beyond happy for you both.

shay

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
Mandarine i''m so excited for you. Congrats.... And how dare you hold news like this in for so long all to your self and not share with ust ill now????
emsmilep.gif
But i''ll forgive ya.... as long as you give us eye candy soon!!!!!
emwink.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, Mandarine! Congrats
36.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

YAY!!! Congrats!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Yay Mandarine!!! Congratulations!!!

broadway

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!!! That''s awesome!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Yea!!!! I knew it was coming soon, but I''m still thrilled for you! Enjoy the new sparklie! Congrats to you and your honey!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wooohooo Mandarine!!! Im thrilled for you! Looking forward to the pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results