shape
carat
color
clarity

someone here buy this emerald

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Yep, that's the one! I'm also interested to see what it eventually sells for. Anyone want to play a "Price is Right" game to call the winning bet?* :mrgreen2: Closest one to the final bet without going over wins bragging rights haha. I'll say $8000

Yes @T L, there's a huge difference between this stone and the "Emerald" in the OP. The oval is a true emerald, albeit towards the lighter tonal end of emerald (medium bluish-green). The radiant is a minty beryl.

*I have no interest in bidding on it. Just thought it was a pretty Emerald so I saved the video a few days ago.

I think this is a fun & educational game, maybe you should start a new thread on it so we don't hijack this one!

Excited to see what it ends up days later!

Reactions: T L

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, this thread has been hijacked.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who bought it? Anyone here?? I’m so jealous and hope we can see it set.

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
@whitewave It was me! I thought the light green colour was spectacular. But after having it in my hands for a day, the colour just didn't thrill me (it was more blue to my eyes than green), so I made the decision to return it. I am now on the hunt for another blue/green emerald!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks EXACTLY like my vanadium beryl in various lighting. Are your photos accurate?

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
Glows a little like a paraiba...? Thanks for sharing!

Any chance to see more of your sapphire halo? :P2

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
@T L Yes, especially the indoor ones which show a more bluish tone.
@DauphineMucha Thank you!! It's notoriously difficult to photograph but quite glowy IRL. Will try and take a picture over the weekend and add it to one of the pinned threads for jewellery pictures.

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your pics @ordinaryrainbow!

Is the color reproduction off on my screen? Because that looks exactly like a seafoam aquamarine in pretty much all of your pictures. You can also find Afgan tourmalines in that color fairly easily.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@T L Yes, especially the indoor ones which show a more bluish tone.
@DauphineMucha Thank you!! It's notoriously difficult to photograph but quite glowy IRL. Will try and take a picture over the weekend and add it to one of the pinned threads for jewellery pictures.

If you don’t mind me suggesting this (and no offense to Gary who I adore)... I am having Inken from Enhoerning Jewelry look this week at the gem shows in Las Vegas for an emerald for me. As an aside, I believe Gary is also going. Maybe you could send either your specs and parameters and see if he/she could find you something. Gary has been on the lookout for me for a round light yellow sapphire on his trips.

Just a suggestion. I know Inken is meeting her emerald person there. (I have bought emerald melee from her before)

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
If you don’t mind me suggesting this (and no offense to Gary who I adore)... I am having Inken from Enhoerning Jewelry look this week at the gem shows in Las Vegas for an emerald for me. As an aside, I believe Gary is also going. Maybe you could send either your specs and parameters and see if he/she could find you something. Gary has been on the lookout for me for a round light yellow sapphire on his trips.

Just a suggestion. I know Inken is meeting her emerald person there. (I have bought emerald melee from her before)

I have a question for those who got gems from cutters/dealers via trade shows. If you happen to not like the gems they sourced from those shows...Could you return them?

Doesn’t seem to be as straight forward as buying from existing inventories...:confused:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a question for those who got gems from cutters/dealers via trade shows. If you happen to not like the gems they sourced from those shows...Could you return them?

Doesn’t seem to be as straight forward as buying from existing inventories...:confused:
It depends on the seller. Just like on the internet, some are highly reputable, and some are ....well I’m too nice to say what they are. Let’s just say I’ve had my share of gem show horror stories with refunds.

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
That is what I worry about, unless I could be there at the shows with the middleman, how do I know it is to my liking!

I guess the middleman doesn’t owe the gem, they get a cut of the total price?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I didn’t ask!!! I did send her my phone number and she is going to text me things she finds.

Good point! I’ll have to ask her.

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
@TreeScientist I’m not sure, tbh. The indoor shots were under LEDs which may contribute to the stone looking more blue. When I took it to my office (which has a lot of natural light) it looked more green, more like the outdoor pics in sunlight.

@T L thank you! I have actually found a couple of possible contenders from other vendor inventories, so I might look to those before going to the trade shows. But I will keep it in mind if those don’t work out. I’m also totally unfamiliar with how the process of having someone source for me would work, so need to do some work to look into that first.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Inken got back with me and said she has a 7 day return policy even for stones she bought at trade shows. You can find her on loupe troop and also I believe Gary is going to the show too so you might also contact him and see what his policy is.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Inken got back with me and said she has a 7 day return policy even for stones she bought at trade shows. You can find her on loupe troop and also I believe Gary is going to the show too so you might also contact him and see what his policy is.

Thanks for the updates.

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so I have had ZERO success taking photos of my sapphire halo that shows the true colour of the sapphire. In all my photos (taken on an iPhone) it comes out inky blue/black, even in bright sun, when I can see with my own eyes the sparkly blue. Because it’s an oval it has some of that N/S extinction that disappears when the stone is rotated, but it is nowhere near as dark or flat IRL as it is photographing.

I have no idea why this is happening. I don’t see comments about sapphires being hard to photograph, like emeralds are. I’ll get out my proper camera later on and have another try, and read up on some of the old photography threads on PS to see what I’m doing wrong.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ordinaryrainbow -
I’ve read it stated both ways here on PS of those who see IRL what their iPhone sees in their sapphires, and those who don’t.
So I don’t think you are alone!
(Pretty ring and stone!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results