carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:Marquise Paraiba in a onyx surround:love:
I wholeheartedly support this, as a previous Paraiba Marquise and a Paraiba with onyx surround owner!
Plus - that 3 carat marquise is not that much smaller dimensions than my 5+ carat one, at all.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s not too bad I think. Mine was like $600-plus/carat I think? Probably have the price somewhere in this thread.

Question is... are you getting it? ;)2

No...and it’s legit killing me!!! :wall:
I have high hopes that someone will buy it so I won’t be tempted anymore. :eek-2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
No...and it’s legit killing me!!! :wall:
I have high hopes that someone will buy it so I won’t be tempted anymore. :eek-2:

Wear all your amazing rings collection in one hand. Look at how many you have (vs your number of fingers). Take lotsa pics. Look at your group pics when you forget and wanna cave...

Literally what I do to help with my shopaholic tendencies hahahahaha

And don’t forget to post the pics for us to admire :P2

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wear all your amazing rings collection in one hand. Look at how many you have (vs your number of fingers). Take lotsa pics. Look at your group pics when you forget and wanna cave...

Literally what I do to help with my shopaholic tendencies hahahahaha

And don’t forget to post the pics for us to admire :P2

This is brilliant! I’m definitely going to do it. I’ve done one before but it’s missing a few pieces. I need to remember just how much I already have instead of buying new things. :mrgreen2:
I will admit that I actually caved recently (shopaholics unite) and bought a setting on the preloved market. It’s with David Klass now and I’m just waiting for him to find me the right center. Shopping is a sickness people. :whistle:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 You have a drool worthy collection! :love: We definitely need reminder pics!

That would make a great new thread! Pretty please!!

polarisfire

Rough_Rock
The colors are gorgeous. :love: The larger chrysoberyl- I can see the crack the seller has disclosed in viewing the video. That's a shame but hopefully it will not be a durability issue.

Hmm really eyeing these: the bigger one is so gorgeous but the crack... meanwhile the small one is more affordable but is a really odd shape. What do people do with that long cushion type cut?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having had to make peace with windows for the sake of colour and price lately, the first thing I thought of when I saw these stones was "No danger of windows here" :lol:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having had to make peace with windows for the sake of colour and price lately, the first thing I thought of when I saw these stones was "No danger of windows here" :lol:
No windows, they’re really works of art, but I think his cutting suits more pale stones.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think his stones are overpriced and not worth it. I guess its because for the most part, I don't like his method of cutting, and since its color first for me, his stones don't do it. Then again, I absolutely adore the gorgeous ring that a PSer had made with either a tourmaline or an aquamarine and gold...it was like the ocean and a work of art in both the stone and the bespoke setting she had made for it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think his stones are overpriced and not worth it. I guess its because for the most part, I don't like his method of cutting, and since its color first for me, his stones don't do it. Then again, I absolutely adore the gorgeous ring that a PSer had made with either a tourmaline or an aquamarine and gold...it was like the ocean and a work of art in both the stone and the bespoke setting she had made for it.
Yes, you’re paying a large premium for his cutting, just like you would if you bought a designer purse. I think he has some gorgeous tourmaline though, like the ones posted above (not the hand shots though).

The square cushion above is more traditional faceting, but has that extra special artistic touch.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you’re referring to @suzanne2 gorgeous aqua ring and I totally agree...it’s a work of art. :kiss2:

CA95E224-3F9A-495E-830A-2592658C29F6.jpeg 1B2F6990-1490-4029-93A8-6FFB983B0364.jpeg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: John dyer’s prices, when you look at the sizes rather than the carat weight the prices often aren’t so bad - most of his stones face up very large for the carat weight. I think he cuts a lot away, so the prices probably have to be higher because of how much rough is wasted.

He is very, very popular on reddit.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm a true fan of his stones. I have this blue topaz I bought in Tuscon that I never wear and I'm thinking about listing it. The color is to die for, really. My problem is I've lost the receipt and can't remember what I paid LOL. It's 13.3mm so I'm guessing on the low side that it's 9 carats. Any ideas ladies?

It sucks to be old!!

20191006_073713.jpg

20191006_072845.jpg

Attachments

• 20191006_094827.jpg
    20191006_094827.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 128

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm a true fan of his stones. I have this blue topaz I bought in Tuscon that I never wear and I'm thinking about listing it. The color is to die for, really. My problem is I've lost the receipt and can't remember what I paid LOL. It's 13.3mm so I'm guessing on the low side that it's 9 carats. Any ideas ladies?

It sucks to be old!!

20191006_073713.jpg

20191006_072845.jpg
How about asking JD, he might have a record of the sale.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oof I have my eye on that one. Sigh it is lovely.
If I may pick your brain, what made you pass on it?
I’m curious if it has the Paraiba glow? I know it’s not as glowy as your very epic gem, but does it glow a little bit? Lol.

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
Amazing Tanzanian pear spinel with GRS report!

Omg i love this, and just had a daughter in August (birthstone) and wanted something special, but that site looks a little sketchy? And to return I’d have to get it back to India 7 days after i get it here, when it probably wouldn’t even be through customs yet .... anyone dealt with this before?

budmanbudman10

Rough_Rock
Omg i love this, and just had a daughter in August (birthstone) and wanted something special, but that site looks a little sketchy? And to return I’d have to get it back to India 7 days after i get it here, when it probably wouldn’t even be through customs yet .... anyone dealt with this before?

Aha! I thought I've seen this vendor on eBay before and they are:

They have a 30-day return policy here (and you know they'll accept at least $5.4k for the 4.49ct stone)

:)

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am asking for a video for the 4.49 ct spinel posted above. Does anyone have an opinion on it? I love the size and shape but it's hard to assess color from photos and the idea of having to mail it back to India if I don't like it in person is daunting. I've never done that before. And now I'm worrying about color stability because of this thread.

budmanbudman10 - Are you affiliated with the comapny or do you know anything about them? Anyone else?

Link: https://www.gemrockauctions.com/auctions/spinel-449ct-mined-in-tanzania-certified-by-grs-1024877

It says "closed" but it's being held for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results