shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooh Tiffany Crown brooch. I could try to justify this because my name means “crown” but my husband would throw me out on my crown if I bought it lol!

F93A65F3-C562-409A-AE7A-E27AF4822A7E.jpeg

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooooh Tiffany Crown brooch. I could try to justify this because my name means “crown” but my husband would throw me out on my crown if I bought it lol!

F93A65F3-C562-409A-AE7A-E27AF4822A7E.jpeg

Ahhh, that is gorgeous. Not gonna lie, sometimes I dream of being stupid rich and buying an actual antique full size tiara to wear around the house just because I deserve it. :lol-2::lol-2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh, that is gorgeous. Not gonna lie, sometimes I dream of being stupid rich and buying an actual antique full size tiara to wear around the house just because I deserve it. :lol-2::lol-2:

Or...even better than wearing it just around the house - if you get into historical costuming and reenactments you can wear your tiara to events! (This is coming from me as a once-upon-a-time historical costuming enthusiast - I haven't done any in two or three years but still hope to get back into it sometime.) Diadems were extremely fashionable during the Regency/Napoleonic era, and tiaras were often worn at Belle Epoque balls as well, so there are plenty of opportunities for airing out tiaras haha.

I also wonder if any PS'ers own diamond (or any other gemstone) tiaras/crowns, wouldn't that be something! (Definitely not me - I still have a full wishlist of other bling essentials...)

Reactions: ean

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
Oh my! What an experience! Do you have any pics?
Many! I'm on my phone now and will try find some photos when I'm back on the desktop tomorrow. Yes it was a lot fun (although having sewing deadlines could be stressful, that's one thing I'd like to get under control when I do get back to it), and great for cramming historical facts into one's head. :D

Reactions: ean

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Many! I'm on my phone now and will try find some photos when I'm back on the desktop tomorrow. Yes it was a lot fun (although having sewing deadlines could be stressful, that's one thing I'd like to get under control when I do get back to it), and great for cramming historical facts into one's head. :D

You sew your own costumes?? Wowwwwww

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
It’s my size! I don’t see a maker’s mark identifying it as OH though.

I'm not an expert (at all) on Oscar Heyman pieces, but the 5th and 6th photos in the listing shows the makers mark on the side. It looks partially worn but does to me look like the Heyman hallmark. The seller is very reputable, and I'm sure they would give you clearer photos. There is also a 30 day return policy.

I'm also thinking the ring hasn't been purchased yet because the seller spelled the name incorrectly- They used "Hyman", so buyers searching for "Heyman" won't find it.

The makers mark from Lang website:

Oscar_Heyman_Bros (1).jpg Heyman.png

Last edited:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not an expert (at all) on Oscar Heyman pieces, but the 5th and 6th photos in the listing shows the makers mark on the side. It looks partially worn but does to me look like the Heyman hallmark. The seller is very reputable, and I'm sure they would give you clearer photos. There is also a 30 day return policy.

I'm also thinking the ring hasn't been purchased yet because the seller spelled the name incorrectly- They used "Hyman", so buyers searching for "Heyman" won't find it.

The makers mark from Lang website:

Oscar_Heyman_Bros (1).jpg Heyman.png

Thank you! I’ve requested additional photos of maker’s mark.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m told there’s one diamond that has a small chip in it. What would one recommend as a fair offer price for this band?

ean

Brilliant_Rock

I’ve been very much into clusters lately and I find this piece so charming.

collier

Shiny_Rock
Oh my! What an experience! Do you have any pics?

No!

My husband and I were at the local jewelry store and I was passionately describing the lovely hint of blue in one of their estate emerald rings. The owner smiled at me and said that if I liked antique emeralds he had something for me to see.

He went back to the vault and brought it out, a belle epoch diamond and emerald cabochon tiara. He brought it out in an anti tarnish type cloth wrapper and unveiled it. It was totally mesmerizingly beautiful. Then he said it was best appreciated when worn and said it would look better on me than on him.

I later told my husband it was a once in a life time type experience that I would remember forever. He didn't get it at all.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
No!

My husband and I were at the local jewelry store and I was passionately describing the lovely hint of blue in one of their estate emerald rings. The owner smiled at me and said that if I liked antique emeralds he had something for me to see.

He went back to the vault and brought it out, a belle epoch diamond and emerald cabochon tiara. He brought it out in an anti tarnish type cloth wrapper and unveiled it. It was totally mesmerizingly beautiful. Then he said it was best appreciated when worn and said it would look better on me than on him.

I later told my husband it was a once in a life time type experience that I would remember forever. He didn't get it at all.

That was so gracious if the owner! I might have passed out right there and then.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m told there’s one diamond that has a small chip in it. What would one recommend as a fair offer price for this band?

Hmm, I wonder how noticable the chip is. Did they send pics or clarify ?

Given the chip I'd want some kind of discount off the listed price.

I wonder if others who are more experienced with buying vintage pieces know this. @Bron357 and @YadaYadaYada , do you know how one estimates weight of the metal on a piece? For this ring, how much plat would you estimate is in there?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs, I’m going to defer to @Bron357 because I don’t typically factor this in when buying so I have no idea honestly.

@Niel, is a seasoned EBay buyer and she is awesome at finding a deal so maybe her input would be helpful.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Were you able to get a close-up pic of the chip?

I'm not sure how to date OH pieces, but I have seen this style OH ring from the mid-century and also contemporary pieces.
It would be interesting to find out if it is a vintage or contemporary band.

For an fyi, I found this new eternity from OH:

https://www.iroff.com/catalog/oscar-heyman/w3399/

Oscar Heyman Platinum Square Diamond Eternity Band​

$8,900.00 28 Square Diamonds 1.89ct

What price would you be happy with spending? I would submit a "best offer", but a reasonable price. This way hopefully they won't come back with a counter-offer.
I have found submitting a reasonable first time offer actually is better off if you really want the item. This way the seller doesn't feel like you are lowballing them , and will consider you a serious buyer.

If this was my size, I would have bought it already!!! :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if it were my size I would offer $2400 and see what the seller said

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were you able to get a close-up pic of the chip?

I'm not sure how to date OH pieces, but I have seen this style OH ring from the mid-century and also contemporary pieces.
It would be interesting to find out if it is a vintage or contemporary band.

For an fyi, I found this new eternity from OH:

https://www.iroff.com/catalog/oscar-heyman/w3399/

Oscar Heyman Platinum Square Diamond Eternity Band​

$8,900.00 28 Square Diamonds 1.89ct

What price would you be happy with spending? I would submit a "best offer", but a reasonable price. This way hopefully they won't come back with a counter-offer.
I have found submitting a reasonable first time offer actually is better off if you really want the item. This way the seller doesn't feel like you are lowballing them , and will consider you a serious buyer.

If this was my size, I would have bought it already!!! :)

Thanks @Paisley2628!
That’s a perfect comparable even though it looks fairly new!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been stalking this thread all day lol. I also may or may not have spent some time doing internet searches about whether a ring this style could be re-sized 1 size via a plain plat bar in the back. But sounds like that would be expensive and potentially not possible given the setting style (apparently channel set is much harder to resize for an eternity vs prong).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results