shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody please buy this killer Tahitian pearl ring

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am usually not a huge fan of pearl rings, given the fragility, etc. But this estate Tahitian pearl ring just listed at Lang is so amazing! Somebody please buy it so I can take my mind off it! (I might do it in a gunmetal platinum but the design is just spectacular, imo.) I am not a pearl expert but I love the tonal look and the subtle contrast in luster between the pearl and the mounting.

Two mentions of Lang in the same day for me may call my objectivity into question -- I have been in the store once and (unrelated to that visit) have one ring from them.

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 4.14.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 4.15.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 4.15.11 PM.png

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool and sleek!! Love it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is totally the opposite of my style but really really nicely done. Perfect pearl choice for that mount :cool2:
I don't expect anyone to be objective about Lang! Their inventory is exquisite and their store is a thrill for the eyes :love:
And if their prices are electrifying - well, you're already intoxicated, just lean into it :lol:

Last edited:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
love the design! I'd be interested to know exactly how they attached it. I too love the look of Pearl rings but it's just so easy to knock them into things and eventually the pearl can fall off.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Could be a short pin on each side. That would give a good support with the cups made from each end of the shank.
Two pins on each end would be super-stable.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I thought of that but closing the ring to set the pearl would be tricky. It looks like there are two flat disks that could have pins to the pearl then laser welded into place on the mount. I'd love to know just how they did it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought of that but closing the ring to set the pearl would be tricky. It looks like there are two flat disks that could have pins to the pearl then laser welded into place on the mount. I'd love to know just how they did it.
So you’re thinking these two plates onto the pearl first, with pegs into pearl, and then lasered onto the “arms” of the band?

I didn’t even think about the how of this mount. Huh. Now I want to know too.

Attachments

• 575121AE-F75D-4D5B-887B-95BC052822F0.jpeg
    575121AE-F75D-4D5B-887B-95BC052822F0.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 10

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, the ring does not do a lot for me.

I love browsing Lang for inspirations only.

DK :))

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
A short pin and a hollow shank would be pliable enough to spring open the fraction needed to allow the pearl to be snapped into place, with glue. If that were solid metal it would be very heavy
Think of tension settings. Boing

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The shape looks more like it's solid or possible a wax cast with the wider end hollowed out to reduce the weight. I would love to look at it in real life.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results