shape
carat
color
clarity

Some thoughts and prayers needed too...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

My best friend''s mother entered palliative care yesterday. She''s dying of pancreatic cancer, it''s only a matter of days.

May the Lord finally give her peace and a place by His side, may He give her family strength and comfort, and may He give me the strength I need to be there for my friend and give her the comfort she needs.

I would appreciate it if you all had a thought/prayer for her and her family tonight, and a little for me too. My best friend is 20, and she is losing her mother. I (thankfully) don''t have much experience with death, and this is pretty hard for me too.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Warmest thoughts and big hugs outgoing to you, your friend, her mother and the entire family.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
15.gif

Oh gosh do I feel for her and the whole family. All my thoughts and prayers are headed in their direction (and yours).
emlove.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s really not many more profound things in life than losing a parent. My thoughts go out to both of you.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Anchor my heart goes out to you. Sending you, your best friend and her mom my warmest prayers. This is so sad.
39.gif
The road you are on won't be an easy one. Hang in there, and take care of yourself as well. I'm sure your best friend knows what a great friend you are to her and that you will be there in the days ahead.
12.gif

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
my thoughts are with you.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2006 8:09:01 PM
Author:anchor31

My best friend''s mother entered palliative care yesterday. She''s dying of pancreatic cancer, it''s only a matter of days.

May the Lord finally give her peace and a place by His side, may He give her family strength and comfort, and may He give me the strength I need to be there for my friend and give her the comfort she needs.

I would appreciate it if you all had a thought/prayer for her and her family tonight, and a little for me too. My best friend is 20, and she is losing her mother. I (thankfully) don''t have much experience with death, and this is pretty hard for me too.
And may the Lord give you the strength in this time of need for your friend and her mother. And also for yourself...am continuing to keep you in my prayers ...
emhug2.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
You''re all in my prayers.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
My thoughts and prayers to you and your friend''s mother, and the entire family.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, everyone. I''m meeting my friend for lunch tomorrow and I''m trying to get my strength up so I can give her the support she needs without breaking down myself.
7.gif

She''s my best friend from junior college, and two weeks ago I asked her to be my bridesmaid. She was thrilled and honoured, but when we talked about her mother''s health later, she started crying and said she couldn''t believe her own mom wasn''t going to be there at her own wedding, years from now...
39.gif
It broke my heart. I can''t imagine how this must feel like... I can''t imagine losing my mother so young.

Like my mom said, people shouldn''t die until they''re very very old...
15.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend''s family.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Anchor, I''m so sorry to hear about your best friend''s mother. Having just lost my dad suddenly last month, I can really empathise with her. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with all of you, I will also pray that her mum will not suffer.

Hang in there.

Big hug.

Maria

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, I am so sorry to hear this sad news...praying for you, your friend, her mom, and their family.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your best friend''s mother...how sad for your friend to lose her mother at such a young age. Your friend, her mother, her entire family and you are in my thoughts and prayers. I also want to say that I wouldn''t worry too much about whether or not you''ll end up breaking down with her. Even if you do, just the fact that you''re there supporting her, and going through this with her, will make all the difference in the world. Anchor, you truly sound like a wonderful friend.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anchor, I''m sure your friend and her family really appreciate you and your support. You are most certainly a great friend for sticking by her side during such a difficult time...and we are here to give you support as well so you can stay strong for her and her family. Take care of yourself so you can take good care of your loved ones. My thoughts are with you and your friend and her family.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friend.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m channeling good thoughts your way, I''m so sorry to hear the terrible news. Your friend is lucky to have someone as supportive and loving as you.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Anchor, your friend is very lucky to have you in her life. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. Take care of your friend!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing

Iv been there with my mom and its going to be very rough for your friend.
Your a saint for hanging in there many dont.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Again, thank you so much. You all are so supportive, it really helps.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
*Hugs*

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Anchor what a wonderful friend she has in you.
You have no idea how your love and support will
help her get through this difficult time.

you are all in my prayers.
emrose.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers outgoing to you and your friend Anchor - I know how hard this is. Your friend is very lucky to have you by her side.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
thoughts of strength, peace, and love during this time....

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
You all are really wonderful. Thanks for the support.

Lunch went well, neither of us broke down. She looks tired, but she said she''s slowly learning to come to terms with it. She''s unbelievably brave; I''d be a mess.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 1:29:30 PM
Author: anchor31
You all are really wonderful. Thanks for the support.

Lunch went well, neither of us broke down. She looks tired, but she said she''s slowly learning to come to terms with it. She''s unbelievably brave; I''d be a mess.
emhug2.gif
Glad all went well!!! Keep the chin up and we will all continue to be praying for you :}

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry for your friend''s Mom, for your best friend, for you, and for her family.
Losing a parent so young is so difficult.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Thank goodness for palliative care.
I hope she passes peacefully surrounded by loved ones.

Scintillating...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know it''s emotionally draining but your support and being there for her means the WORLD...I know.

When my mom was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer earlier this year my world went into a tailspin and I leaned VERY heavily on friends (still do)...because you try to be brave for the rest of your family. Having friends allows you to feel the emotions like you need to and get the support you need. So she really needs you, and you have no idea how much you are helping her - so much more than you know!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Such sad news Anchor, my prayers for strength in this difficult time go out to you, your friend, and her mother.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s good to know, FG, really. Thanks to every one for the good thoughts and the hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results