shape
carat
color
clarity

some reading

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
This is actually pretty interesting albeit a tough read if you''re not into patents....

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
If I understood: a high crown is not necessarily a sign of a lot of fire, it''s more a question of ranges.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is from the GIA first attempt at a cut study that was totally discredited and abandoned.
I wouldn''t give much weight to anything contained in it.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Interesting.
Do you remember why this study, that seems to give shallow diamond good scores, was discredited?
I wonder why the actual grading system, that accepts very deep stones as ideal, is not discredited at yet.
20.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 7:03:07 PM
Author: QueenMum
Interesting.

Do you remember why this study, that seems to give shallow diamond good scores, was discredited?

I wonder why the actual grading system, that accepts very deep stones as ideal, is not discredited at yet.

20.gif
they just said take it or leave it with the current system and since it suits the cutters just fine it got used.
There are some threads around about the older study in the archives.
It was before my time on PS by about a year.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
There is alot of data there for sure. Too much to give a concise picture. No wonder why its discredited.
34.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 7:08:55 PM
Author: strmrdr
they just said take it or leave it with the current system and since it suits the cutters just fine it got used.
I''m with you!
1.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 8:02:02 PM
Author: Diamond Explorer
There is alot of data there for sure. Too much to give a concise picture. No wonder why its discredited.
34.gif
The new system is it not much more concise.
Yet it is still there.
This patent mainly deals with the fire found in round diamonds.
Is that not why it was abandoned?

I find this patent exciting if one takes the time to read it.
I do not think it lacks concision, but unfortunately it is not exhaustive.
It only mentions a fraction of all possible combinations, and I would not dare to blame the patent owner.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results