shape
carat
color
clarity

Some questions about online jewelry designers....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
I''m considering using an online designer for the ring I want, he''s drawn it up and I''m in love. I''m soooooo new to this so any help would be appreciated.

How do I know this person/company is legit? I''ve researched and can find nothing about this person as a business and apparently he works from home. People on these boards have used him though as I''ve seen the posts.

Once I get the ring what do I do to go about authenticating it to make sure I got what I paid for?

For future service for the ring, do I need a local jeweler to check it every 6 months, etc. and resize if necessary? What happens if the online jeweler stops working in the business and I have no contact if something happens a year from now?

Sorry for all the questions, I''m super anxious to get the ball rolling but want to protect myself in such a large transaction that I have no experience in.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you said that its a person that some have used before here? I know of one person that I have contacted and has a bench jeweler that does the work and he doesn't have a store front. If its someone that we have recommended, then I think it would be safe to go with him. As for the inspection and have a local jeweler to go to, that is something you will have to find yourself. I have had several pieces made from online, and I just go to a local repair shop / person to have inspected and cleaned. Sometimes it's just finding the right jeweler to go to for repair after you have made an online transaction. Once you have paid for the ring then find a local appraiser to authenticate what you have infact paid for is what you got. I bought my first ering from a vendor, and moved out of state, and now the vendor has gone out of business, but my ring is fine. Also remember to get insurance on your ring, so that if anything happens by your fault then it is taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results