Depth % 70.9%
Table % 58.0%
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Girdle Thin to Thick
Culet None
Fluorescence None
Measurements 5.63 x 5.61 x 3.98 mm

This is the summary report of.my cushion cut diamond, i heard people say that cushion cut diamond look smaller compare to the same carat round brilliant diamond.
can anyone tell me how.big is this cushion cut diamond compare to a round brilliant one? About 0.x ct round brilliant diamond? Thanks a.lot!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's not an easy percentage. Cushions at the same carat weight can differ in size. Yours is about average in spread. A 90 point round would face up at 6.2 in comparison.

That said, you can't buy cushions by the numbers. EVER in person or online. Numbers mean nothing with cushions. They aren't like rounds at all. Online, where you can see them in person, you have to buy from pictures and an ASET and preferably a video. If you bought a cushion online and didn't get these things, then you have no idea what you are getting and the large majority of cushions out there suck.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would not recommend you get someone who wants a square stone a round stone though. So if the wearer wants a cushion, I don't recommend replacing their judgement with your own unless you speak to them and they agree they would prefer a round.

Ihvq

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your comment. Actually i owned this cushion cut diamond already,just curious how its size compare to round diamond. Although it is a cushion cut diamond, its cutting is more round as it is a hearts and arrows cushion cut diamond.....i found it quite unique( or strange?) Because it is not normal cushion cut I've ever seen.... :think: but i do love it;-) my hubby gives it to me

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, well most hearts and arrows cushions are really well cut and have great light return so that's good.

Of course you love it because he gives it to you. But... also cause it's going to be gorgeous, right??? : 8)

Wear it in good health.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
You can really compare square (squarer) shapes to round simply because of common geometry.

A round diamond's average girdle diameter will return a total different area coverage. And the magical pie constant comes into play.

Where as you calculate area coverage of squarer cuts by multiplying the two sides.

A 0.9 carat round diamonds area would be 1/4.pie.d² = 30.20

A square or your stones (with slight variations) the face up area would be 5.63 x 5.61 = 31.5mm

However the faceup appearance of a cushion would be small because of how we perceive squares. But in absolute terms in area coverage you can't really call it small.

However square cuts are more weight saving and have higher yields. And that's why are priced lower than rounds.

Hope it makes you feel better. :)

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Can't really compare**

Ihvq

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks for your information;-) can i ask one more question? Why cushion cut diamond is more weight saving?? :confused:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The shape of a natural diamond crystal is octahedral. It's naturally squared.

42933.jpg

Ihvq

Rough_Rock
Oh....i see. Thanks a lot!!! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results