shape
carat
color
clarity

some progress, finally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Well what has seemed like for-ev-er lack of planning, i have finally become excited about planning this dang wedding, and have even made some headway!

The dress
in champ/ivory

The BM dresses
in horzion/blue (pepsi blue!)

the idea for flowers - yellow tulips.
the color ideas are blue, yellow, grass green (the stems of tulips) and Tan/Khaki

The location
skansonia

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
and here is a comp of the pictures. hopefully its not to small. also, i am undecided on earings, so i posted two that i really like so far.

123456789987654321.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
now to work on the BM jewelry and the guest list!!

oh, and if anyone knows where to get a great mens linen suit, i would be so greatful!!

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Mrs. D''Orsay from Weddingbee just got married and wore that dress:
http://www.weddingbee.com/2009/09/04/i%E2%80%99m-baaaaaaack/

For linen suits, try JCrew, Banana Republic, or Brooks Brothers.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your venue looks awesome, Jcar!

You already knew I loved your dress. But I''ll say it again. I LOVE YOUR DRESS!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
thanks! o i love my fdress too. and its so perfect for my skin (The ivory/champ color). and did you see my butt in it!?
baDONKaDONK!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 12:44:23 PM
Author: jcarlylew
thanks! o i love my fdress too. and its so perfect for my skin (The ivory/champ color). and did you see my butt in it!?
baDONKaDONK!!!
That was my favorite part!
31.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Love everything! Your BM dresses are adorable, you look stunning in your dress, and the venue is perfect! What a great view of the city! Yay things are coming together!!
36.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
now just to decide on a photographer (you really liked yours, right sunnyd?), a dj/band and cake. oh. and officiant (got two in the bag now).

I am super happy that the venue will let us bring our own wine/beer. that saves SO MUCH MONEY! plus we''d be able to return it (and buy it at cost. go me!)

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
That''s not just "some progress," that''s quite a bit of progress! Yay! Your choices look fantastic!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 2:46:32 PM
Author: MonkeyPants
That''s not just ''some progress,'' that''s quite a bit of progress! Yay! Your choices look fantastic!
thank you!

fortunately from the get-go i was set on not having large arrangements (yellow tulips in vases) or crazy bouquets (but that might change ;P ).

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
That is AWESOME! I tried that dress on and it is awesome! And we chose matching DB colors for the BMs! And my MOH actually chose that dress as well! Hehehe! I think I may try to push H towards a linen suit, he will be sooooo much more comfortable! Nice work Jcar!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''m in love with everything you''ve picked! The dress is gorgeous. The BM dress is super cute and in my all-time favorite shade of blue. And I
30.gif
tulips and only with they were appropriate for my fall wedding! Tulips will be gorgeous. Your venue looks fab as well. I''m in love with your wedding already and can''t wait to see pics
1.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Jcarlylew, that''s awesome!!! You''ve gotten quite a bit done! I love your venue! It''s so pretty! Your dress was originally what I had wanted, until my whole family talked me out of it
8.gif
. I love all the lace! Did you try it on with Champagne underneath, and ivory lace on top? I love the BM dresses you''ve picked out! You''re on a roll, woman!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 3:47:31 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
Jcarlylew, that''s awesome!!! You''ve gotten quite a bit done! I love your venue! It''s so pretty! Your dress was originally what I had wanted, until my whole family talked me out of it
8.gif
. I love all the lace! Did you try it on with Champagne underneath, and ivory lace on top? I love the BM dresses you''ve picked out! You''re on a roll, woman!
Lucky - yes, the same one! at first i did think i wanted to order in in white, but i love the look of it. plus, i will get to wear gold jewelry, which i hardly EVER get to (or do). my mom did say it felt older, but she still liked it in the end.

thank you!! i cannot wait to shop for shoes :)

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks great so far! Your dress is simply gorgeous and you are w.o.r.k.i.n.g i.t.! Congrats on making such great headway. I have to second J.Crew for linen suits, but no where will likely have them until Spring (unless you can go wrangle some up on summer clearance).

Can''t wait to see what shoes you pick. Are you thinking about matching those BM dresses?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 6:46:00 PM
Author: katamari
Everything looks great so far! Your dress is simply gorgeous and you are w.o.r.k.i.n.g i.t.! Congrats on making such great headway. I have to second J.Crew for linen suits, but no where will likely have them until Spring (unless you can go wrangle some up on summer clearance).

Can''t wait to see what shoes you pick. Are you thinking about matching those BM dresses?
mens suits - i agree its tough picking them out, no one will have anything untill jan/feb at the earliest, which has me biting my nails.

Shoes -
i looove these right now
yay! and i would maybe get them dyed either a champ color or the color of the brides maids dresses..

does anyone think that shade of blue will be okay with the dress itself?

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Everything looks beautiful!! LOVE your dress!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
yay for progress!! love all the decisions you''ve made so far too!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Jcar, everything looks GREAT!!!!!! The location is absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!! You''re going to have an AMAZING wedding!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
thank you all, again!

now the only problem is coming up with 100 people to invite. any takers? lol
28.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 9:40:01 AM
thank you all, again!

28.gif
35.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 10:07:23 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 9/15/2009 9:40:01 AM
thank you all, again!

28.gif
35.gif
I''ll be her date.
9.gif

And yes, I''m in love with my photogs. www.brightenphotography.com.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results