shape
carat
color
clarity

Some posters return under new names

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
I was surprised when I first came here to see members openly admitting they were posting under a different name. I was used to sites banning people for registering under multiple user names - no questions asked. I got over the shock when I saw moderators here posting under a generic name. I guessed some of the mods here have regular user accounts.

When multiple user names are such an open part of the culture, I think it's inevitable that some people are going to abuse it. I don't particularly notice it unless the member says they're using a different name.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way! If I was posting under different names there is no way I'll ever get to 10,000 posts! :tongue:

I think I feel differently about it if someone posted under a different name for confidentiality reasons (which I've seen) versus someone doing it to be decietful.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Whats a Schill? Is it someone who pretends to be a PS' er but is actually advertising or is it someone posting under another username to deliberately cause trouble? On both fronts, surely if they were completely ignored the 'game' would get boring and they would stop?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1312740910|2985926 said:
The rest of my concern is mainly at my favorite thread, the Royal Jewels thread, one of the forums where I spend a lot of time.

Hi, I'm new.

Hi I'm new.

New here.

I've read every page of this thread but this is my first post.

I've lurked here forever but this is my first post.

I've read the last 20 pages. I'm new.

Hi there.

Hi I'm new.

Hi I'm new.

Hi I'm new.

I'm new.

Thank you for the insight, Danny. I wish I knew who was banned from the Royal Jewels thread; it might help to elucidate some of the dynamics there. Is that (who is banned) public information? (That is a yes or no question. If you know the answer and the answer is, "no", please do not answer the question. I want to cooperate with all the Pricescope rules!)

I seemed, recently, to fall quickly onto the wrong side of a "new" poster who came into the Royal Jewels thread. If it was the same poster from another time returning, her animosity towards me and her sycophancy towards a few others might be more explicable!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Danny, I didn't catch some of your later posts before I posted.

You seem really upset about this; have you contacted a moderator or admin and explained in depth what you are seeing? I'm just speaking as a former moderator of another site; we would have appreciated more that a member bring up something like this privately with us so we could get all the facts that wouldn't be appropriate posted in an open forum.

You look like you're trying to skate around something you're really trying to say and I'm just guessing that a moderator or an admin who can really do something about it is a better audience for your concerns than the rest of us.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lottie UK|1312747229|2985970 said:
Whats a Schill? Is it someone who pretends to be a PS' er but is actually advertising or is it someone posting under another username to deliberately cause trouble? On both fronts, surely if they were completely ignored the 'game' would get boring and they would stop?

The word is, "shill" without the "c".

I think here it is being used to mean someone who is using Pricescope in an underhanded way to further his commercial interests, in other words someone who is attempting to fool the community as to his real (presumably trade) identity to ensnare and entrap consumers.

AGBF
:read:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We do not generally allow users to have two active names and if someone is discovered with two names they are asked immediately to close one, which occurs often. We do not allow banned users to come back with new names. We do our best to keep these users from the forum but occasionally they sneak by. If you have evidence that someone who was banned has come back, or suspect it, please report it and we will look into it.

On rare occasions we do allow someone to post anonymously for the purpose of discussing a private or sensitive topic, but it must be approved by us first and not abused.

If you ever suspect a user has two names on the forum please use the report concern button and let us know. We will be happy to look into it.

Moderators and those in the trade also each only have one active username.

Please remember that people differ and if you do not like something someone has said, please ignore it, or if you think it breaks our policies, report it and we will determine whether it needs to be removed. We do not remove posts simply because posters do not like one another.

Thank you for your feedback, this thread will now be closed because the questions have been clarified. As always if you have a question about a policy or a particular poster you are welcome to contact us and let us know of your concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results