shape
carat
color
clarity

Some of my loose gemstones - Part 3: Dan''s Blues and Greens

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, here''s the third instalment of my gemmy pictures. It''s a Dan Stair special! The first one is a Nigerian paraiba, 0.95ct double barion square. It is quite glowy in real life, with more green and just a hint of blue. The first picture in the collage is Dan''s picture and the second and third pictures are mine. I didn''t request for this to be tested for copper as I didn''t quite care what it was, as long as it is pretty.

DanNigeriaParaibaCollage.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
This one is a 0.49ct brazilian paraiba. Not quite the electric blue paraiba that we are used to but nonetheless, a pretty stone that is glowly.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Whoops! Forgot the pictures..

DanBrazilianParaibaCollage.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Next up is a round Afghan light green or minty green tourmaline, 1.44ct in a modified round brilliant.

DanMintAfghanCollage1.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I really love this 2.72ct cushion barion emerald cut Afghan green tourmaline. Not quite enough blue to be called seafoam nor minty green.

DanMintAfghanCollage2.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
This is a 2.22ct Nigerian aquamarine in a double barion square cut. This aquamarine has a strong medium blue colour and fares much better than some brazilians I have seen.

DanSqAquaCollage.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
That''s all for now. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have beautiful collection simplysplendid
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your Collection is just amazing! I love the cuts and color! can''t wait to see what you will do with them
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely stones, simplysplendid. Thank you so much for sharing them.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty stones!

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Very nice set of blue/greens! Is it my monitor or there a really big difference in Dans pics and yours? I have been considering a couple of his stones for awhile but I remember someone saying his pics were considerably lighter than the stones ended up being, and I held off.

ETA- Is there as much difference IRL as what the pics show? Which is closest to what you see, your pics or Dans?

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty collection!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely gems!!! I really like that Afghan.
1.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Yes..part 3 is here..I think you did great with the three pics in a row setup..great comparison...lovely stones, SS! I also like the 2.72ct green..the aqua I must say does have more color than alot of ''em..sweet post..thanks SimplyS

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Tropic, that sapphire in your avatar is just stunning....so much so that I had to go find your thread!

VERY nicely done!
30.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stones! Do you have projects in mind for them?

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! Would you say that his photos make the stones look lighter than IRL?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, thanks for taking the time to show off all your pretty stones.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, especially the aquamarine.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/24/2009 9:00:22 PM
Author: Allison D.
Tropic, that sapphire in your avatar is just stunning....so much so that I had to go find your thread!

VERY nicely done!
30.gif

Thank you!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Hi Tropicmaster and Lamborghinigirl, Dan''s photos used to be lighter than the stone in real life. However, he has received some feedback from PSers and has since adjusted his pictures. I believe his pictures are quite close to the actual thing now. That said, my photos do make the actual stone a little darker than it really is.

Hi Packrat, I have no plans to set them yet, just enjoying them in their little gem cases currently.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a great idea with the collage. My favourite is the aquamarine and I don’t usually like aquas.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
emlove.gif
30.gif
These are so awesome You have such a tdf collection. That baron cut Afgan is totally hot!

-A

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Arcadian, Chrono and Princess..

Hi Chrono, do you have Paint? I use that to put up my photos into a collage, it is quite intuitively simple to use.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No kidding! I can use paint to put collages together?
23.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh lovely blues and greens!!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you cushioncutnut!

Hi Chrono, yes I used Paint. This is what I did:

Open the picture in Paint. You will see dots around the picture. Click on a dot and drag a large space. When you release, you will see a large white space below the picture.
Next, click on Edit - Paste From and select another picture. The new picture will appear right on top of the previous one. Click on the new picture and drag it to position it neatly next to the first picture.
After you release the mouse, you may wish to adjust the size or reposition the second picture till you are happy.
Repeat Edit-Paste From and the rest of the process to add more pictures.
When you are done, click on the white space and readjust the size of the white space to fit the collage. Save when you are done.
I believe the number of collages you can add is limited by the size of each picture and the size of the white space.

Hope this helps.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! Thanks SS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results