shape
carat
color
clarity

Some of my beauties...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hello, I am pretty new to Pricescope and wanted to thank you all for welcoming me. Everyone has been responsive and helpful. I wanted to post some pics of my wedding set. I''ve been married for almost 7 years now. I have been debating on a reset for my engagement ring for some time now but I just haven''t found THE ONE yet so I am still looking. But in the meantime, I am happy with my setting. It is classic and showcases my stone well. Let me know if you think i am crazy for even thinking about a reset! My princess cut is 1.51 carat, I color, VS1 set in platinum with baguette sidestones. It has a lot of brilliance but I am just getting used to my macro setting and couldn''t quite capture it for you. My wedding band is .6cttw set in platinum G-VS1.

lizzyprincess2.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
more pics

lizzyprincess1.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
side shot

lizzyprincess3.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
another angle

lizzyprincess5.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
last one of my wedding set

lizzyprincess6.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I also have a RHR three stone. It is a small one 1 cttw set in platinum G-SI1, all ideal cut. I am debating on upgrading this soon to be closer to 2 cttw. I love the setting!

lizzy3stone1.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
profile shot

lizzy3stone2.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
you can see some arrows here

lizzy3stone3.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for looking!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I think you are crazy for wanting a reset! :) That setting is PERFECT!!! I love it! You don''t see a lot of tapered baguettes with princess cuts. I think it is stunning. Beautiful set!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE your current set!!! Your princess is stunning, the setting is gorgeous, and your wedding band looks perfect with it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set - so pretty and classic!! I could see a re-set - it might be even more beautiful in something more delicate, and/or with a more delicate wedding band - even though its gorgeous, the w-band for me takes away from the beauty of the e-ring and stone.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thank you EHR2009, beechezz, and ambergretchen! I appreciate your comments. It makes me feel better!!! I do love my current set. I just think that I sometimes just want CHANGE because I have been looking at it for so long. I like the fact that it is classic styling and will never go out of style, but I am often attracted to more trendier styles. I just get afraid that I will get sick of the trendier style over time, so that is why I haven''t changed anything. I think I am going to stay as is unless I come across something that I can''t resist. I tend to be attracted to halos but mostly with a cushion stone.

ambergretchen, you bring up a good point about the wedding band. For some reason it looks more substantial in the pics (or maybe because I am so used to looking at it!). It is only 3mm. I like that I can wear it on its own without the e-ring too. I have looked at a couple daintier style e-rings but I am not used to the smaller finger presence and I hesitate to change my wedding band as I have more emotional attachment to it than the e-ring. Do you have any settings in mind? I''d love to see if so. I have thought about traps. I''ll post a couple of settings that have caught my eye. Here''s one.

maytalsean00112.jpg

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a bit biased but I say keep your setting :)

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I really like your original set. The setting of your ER really pops the diamond.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Your RHR is very nice as is too. I think the proportions are perfect.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Whenever I have the urge for something different than my current ering, I always think back to the reasons that I picked my setting to begin with. Those reasons still hold, even though it is always tempting to want something different than you have. Sometimes I have the urge for something more blingy, but then I think back to the reasons that I chose a simple solitaire. Hope that helps! Maybe a fun RHR project would calm your urges? :)

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Snooper, you are too funny! I love your leon! I read your post about yours and I completely agree about not loving the V prongs that most princesses have too. Anyways, thanks for posting and I am glad that you like my e-ring!

Oddoneout, thanks for posting your thoughts too. It feels nice to have reassurance!

EHR2009, you nailed it! You just put it so simply...I picked out my e-ring setting as is for a reason. I liked the classic nature of it and I liked the simplicity of it. Thanks for posting that as it just put me in perspective and also made me realize that I am not the only one out there who goes thru this same thought process. I think you are right...maybe an upgrade on my RHR or a pair of ACA studs are in order!!!`

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings!!! I love your e-ring as is - it is absolutely stunning!!!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2010 11:15:26 AM
Author: EHR2009
Yes, I think you are crazy for wanting a reset! :) That setting is PERFECT!!! I love it! You don''t see a lot of tapered baguettes with princess cuts. I think it is stunning. Beautiful set!
I agree, that setting is great! You have very pretty rings :)

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
lizzyann01,

I think the pic of the halo you posted is pretty, but I have a feeling in a few years you may tire of it. Your e-ring is just so pretty as it is. Of course, that is JMO. When you get a chance will you post more pics of your rings??? I would love to see a profile view. Thanks!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous set!! I love your e-ring just the way it is! Maybe change up your wband a bit? A daintier wedding band, maybe 2 (which you could use to sandwich your e-ring) would look different and you can wear your wband on your right hand. The daintier bands are just to switch things up, for whenever you feel the need for a change. Or you may find that you like that better and keep it that way instead. There''s a few examples of this in SMTR.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Your set is very classic and beautiful. Thanks for posting the pics
36.gif

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your nice comments everyone!

Beechez, you nailed my thoughts exactly...I worry about not liking that three stone halo style down the road. That''s exactly why I haven''t made any changes because I feel like I will want to change it again in a couple of years if so. I will work on some more pics for you so you can see the profile of my e-ring. Thanks for asking!

Luckyeshe, I think you have a great idea of maybe playing with different wedding bands. Maybe that will give me enough change to satisfy my urge to mix things up. Anything you have in mind?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like your original set. It looks lovely.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Marcyc. I think I am going to leave it alone and play with my RHR to mix things up. I think there are so many beautiful e-ring styles out there which make you second guess yourself you know? Thanks for posting.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!
I wouldn''t change a thing. Your set is beautiful. Styles come and go but yours will never date. A classic. I wish you good health to wear it!!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thank you susi! I appreciate your kind words about my set. Good health to you as well and thank you for taking the time to post.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Some more pics!

princrose.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Another flower shot

princrose2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results