shape
carat
color
clarity

Some much needed bezel help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coz3197

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

After months of reading posts here and searching endlessly for the right ring, I''ve decided to reach out to everyone for a little help (hey, I''m a guy - we''re stubborn like that). I''m looking for a bezel-set ring in white gold. Ideally, I''d like a 1.5 ct. stone. Her style is modern, minimalist and refined. I''m not terribly interested in paying for a designer''s name, if I can find similar quality otherwise.

I saw the ring below (the bottom of the three) on a jewelry blog and it''s probably the closest thing to what I''m searching for. Simple, maybe cushion-cut and bezel-set. Please let me know if you know where I might be able to find a similar ring at a reasonable price.

Thanks so much for your help!

Ryan

rsc1.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally haven''t seen anything for a cushion that isn''t custom because each stone is so different. It''s much harder than a round.

That being said, my ring in my avatar is a bezel cushion from Mark at Engagement Rings Direct. I designed the setting and had him make it., he also sourced the stone. His prices are great and he is wonderful to deal with IMO. I''d call him.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a bigger picture of mine.

IMG_2144484.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
James Allen has this mounting available. It can be made for all shapes. They can probably help you choose a cushion too. It will probably be hard for us to help you choose the perfect cushion because what pleases one person''s eye is so much different than anothers for this cut!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Ryan,
I like your style (and your GF's)! Neatfreak's advice is spot on (as always) - Mark T. has a proven track record for finding magnificent cushions for Pricescopers and her cushion bezel is a prime example.

A couple of observations about the bezelled rings you posted and the James Allen ring that Upgradable linked to:
1) the bezels on those rings close off the profile view of the stone. If you look at Neatfreak's thread, you'll see how that side view of the stone (including the culet) can be used to its utmost advantage: http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-new-bezeled-cushion-from-erd-t83187.html
2) I also like the way the shank on Neatrfreak's ring curves up into the bezel instead of coming to a halt when the shank reaches the bezel.
When you go modern, minimalist and refined, you can appreciate those "God is in the details" type touches, no? Please keep us posted on the progress. Sounds like you have a beautiful ring in mind!
18.gif

coz3197

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much! I just emailed Mark at ERD with the details. I''m optimistic after hearing the reviews here. If you happen to come across anything else similar in your browsing, I''d be very grateful if you''d let me know. I''ll keep you posted on what happens with Mark and, hopefully, the engagement.

All the best,

Ryan

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neatfreak...love your wedding set...the bezel with the pave wedding band is a really cool, unique look.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Best of luck! You might also want to check out Good Old Gold''s cushions. Jonathan has some beauties and he provides all sorts of additional information on his inventory.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:59:30 PM
Author: coz3197
Thank you all so much! I just emailed Mark at ERD with the details. I''m optimistic after hearing the reviews here. If you happen to come across anything else similar in your browsing, I''d be very grateful if you''d let me know. I''ll keep you posted on what happens with Mark and, hopefully, the engagement.

All the best,

Ryan

Great! Mark will take care of you. Tell him Callie from the Berkshires said hello!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 1:59:30 PM
Author: coz3197

All the best,

Ryan
Please do keep us posted!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best of luck - and DO check out the styles on here where the stone and culet are exposed - they are SO lovely!!!!! I think you''re onto a great ring - 1.5ctw with a bezel will look big and sleek - wow!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
I agree - I never used to be a fan of bezels (or so I thought) until I saw neatfreaks! It is really beautiful, streamlined, sleek and elegant all at the same time. I think the side profile really just adds the icing to the cake!!! And, what yummy icing it is!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results