shape
carat
color
clarity

Some help with HCA for this round cut.

M_Night

Rough_Rock
Hi all, newbie here.

Looking to purchase a J colored diamond for a yellow gold setting.

I want to run this through the HCA calculator but it won't recognize the GIA number.

https://www.bluenile.com/jp/en/build-your-own-ring/diamond-details/LD12038404

If anyone could help, or give me the low down on the quality of this rock (aside from the color) then it would be of great help and appreciated. :)

Thanks. =)2

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It scores a 2.4 on HCA.

If the report # doesn’t work, just enter the numbers from the report into the tool.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sure you’ve read about the HCA, it’s a rejection tool in that under 2 is what you want. The stone is cut deep so will face up slightly smaller. Personally I’d go down in clarity, to VS2 or even Si1 at this size and aim for higher colour. What’s your budget?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can enter #s on the HCA manually if it's having issues reading the Gia number.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An HCA score of, say, 2-2.5 is not necessarily the end of the world - I believe Garry (who developed/develops the HCA tool) has previously said on here that some stones are still perfectly fine but perhaps 'not quite perfect'!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, newbie here.

Looking to purchase a J colored diamond for a yellow gold setting.

I want to run this through the HCA calculator but it won't recognize the GIA number.

https://www.bluenile.com/jp/en/build-your-own-ring/diamond-details/LD12038404

If anyone could help, or give me the low down on the quality of this rock (aside from the color) then it would be of great help and appreciated. :)

Thanks. =)2

I dunno. A crown angle of 36.5 ... seems too high. Maybe it works with the 40.6 pavilion angle, but if you consider rounding, that crown angle could approach 37 .... and over two on HCA ... I would keep looking ... do you need to buy from Bluenile?
B0E81E8C-A69E-47F7-B311-0088E2072CF5.png

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The huge gia rounding range makes this one impossible to predict by numbers other than a slight hit in spread.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results