shape
carat
color
clarity

Some good news!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been debating whether to post about this or not, but since so many threads are heated/serious I wanted to share some good news from my life. I have always felt guilty when something good happens to me because: 1) life hasn't always gone well, so I keep expecting something bad to happen to "balance it out", and 2) I somehow am afraid that something good happening to me might make others feel worse if good things aren't happening to them.

But it's something I'm working on, so here goes...

After my PhD program, postdoctoral fellowship, and an entire summer of studying I passed the national exam for licensure as a clinical psychologist (EPPP)! Now just the state exam is left, and I am so freaking relieved. It was by far the hardest test I've ever taken, and something that felt very intimidating (the entire point is to test you on your competence in the field, so I was afraid that if I didn't pass I would conclude that I wasn't competent and be very upset even though I know lots of people fail their first try). It almost feels surreal to be close to something I've been working towards for so long---when I get my actual license I might cry from happiness.

My research is rewarding, and mentoring/teaching is something I enjoy, but I honestly feel like my "purpose" is to help correctly diagnose children in a clinical setting. I feel like no matter what happens with the rest of my career (even if I'm never a well known or "famous" scientist) I would be fulfilled knowing I helped someone get the correct diagnosis for their child.

Sorry for the long post! Just wanted to share, and it's hard to be that honest in my "real life". :wavey:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just awesome! Congratulations - we need lots more threads like this. I imagine that many kids will be better off with you practicing in this world. :))

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! :dance:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great news, lovedog! Congratulation and best wishes for a successful and fulfilling career.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's wonderful! Congratulations on your hard earned success :appl:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay you!! You've reached a big, big milestone and the clinical community will be lucky to have you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WONDERFUL wonderful! :appl: Congratulations!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations lovedog, that is great news!!! Pat yourself on the back for all the hardwork!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is wonderful news lovedogs! Thank you for sharing it with us and way to go! :appl:
Wishing you a bright and happy future!

P

PierreBear

Wonderful! Way to go!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really awesome lovedogs! :appl:

The happy is pouring through your post.

High fives!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your accomplishment Lovesdogs!!! Thank you for posting. I love hearing happy news.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, that is so great and a huge weight off your shoulders I'm sure!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Well done.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what an accomplishment!!!! you should be so proud of youself.. HARD work... congratulations and best wishes on the future.

:appl: :appl:

Q

Queenie60

Congratulations on your accomplishments. It's always nice to hear good news! Thank you for sharing and I am sure that you will have a wonderful and successful career. :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A BIG congratulations to you lovedog!... :appl:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Lovedogs! And don't feel bad sharing a success story; celebrate ALL your "wins" in life with pride and without regret! You earned it! :clap:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Lovedogs! That is a huge accomplishment! I know we use PS for a support in bad times but I also love to see when our PS fellows are successful, that we might offer support and celebration in good times as well. Good luck on your state exam, and may you always find fulfillment in your work.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Another voice to say congratulations. You have been helpful to me over in colored stones, so I know you will help others in your field. I agree, it will feel wonderful when you can diagnose a child or adult correctly. The world needs you!.

Many thanks,
Annette the computer illiterate.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results