shape
carat
color
clarity

Some dress fitting pictures...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
47b4cf32b3127cce9b11bed7cd7f00000016108EYsmLVmybc

The dress on the model (it''s a Jenny Lee).

47b5cc37b3127cce95a5d8c9c50d00000015108EYsmLVmybc
47b5cc37b3127cce95a5d81244e600000015108EYsmLVmybc

The dress on me. I love the dress, but sometimes I wonder if it''s not TOO simple - if you were me, would you add anything to it, like a sash or a brooch at the waist? It does have a little bit of delicate beading around the neckline, but that''s it.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE your dress! Its very simple, but very elegant. And it looks great on you, you are so terribly tiny! I might add a ribbon or sash, but that is just because I like color in dresses. I dont think it needs it though, a pretty necklace or chandalier earings is really all you would need. Perfect selection,you will look amazing!

E B

Ideal_Rock
You''re getting a Jenny Lee? I''m so jealous. It looks perfect on you, and I think adding a sash might look great. Just tie one on to get an idea...it can always be removed!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like color too but not so much on brides...I really love the simplicity of that dress, but I am a pretty simple person when it comes to things like that, even my own dress had a bit too much beading on it though it was REALLY subtle...it still kind of bugged me..haha.

I''d dress it up with maybe a lacy cutout veil (aka a mantilla type veil would look beautiful with that dress in an ivory as well) and some crystal dangling earrings or diamonds....but it''s a very classic look you have going on there and IMO if you added a sash or anything like that it modernize it too much. A brooch would be pretty though at the top corner of the dress or maybe near the waist or the back of the dress at the small of your back near the bustle. My mom got me a vintage pearl and diamond brooch which she pinned to the back top of my dress. It was my something old.

Regardless, you look fabulous!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I like the simple style of it. It shows off how tiny you are and it has just enough detail at the bottom of the dress.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I love it as-is. I''m not sure about adding color- it would change the style of the dress.
I would just jazz it up with accessories (not that it needs much help- it''s BEAUTUFUL)

sluke

Shiny_Rock
I think the dress looks perfect on you! Doesn''t need a thing. (You are so tiny, I''m envious)

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Your gown is simple but really lovely. Just make sure your hair and make-up stand out.
1.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I think that dress is gorgeous on you & don''t think it really needs any jazzing up. If you do want to add more interest, I''d vote for the brooch over the sash, or you could choose a more ornate veil or punch up your jewelry a bit. I really love it as-is, though. How formal is your wedding ceremony/reception?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is beautiful but agree trying on a sash could be fun and would look great.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
it looks gorgeous!!! I would agree w/mara on this one, I would go for a fancy veil and accessories instead of adding a sash, I think it would change the look of the dress too much!!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE it!!!!!!!

The simplicity will allow you to do so much with fun jewelry on your ears, neck, wrist, or a brooch somewhere. It''s really a gorgeous dress, I love the french bustles!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that dress is divine, and the fabric is just gorgeous! I don''t think it needs anything else, but I''m all about simplicity.

You will look gorgeous in it!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Love it!! It looks absolutely gorgeous on you. I would avoid sashes, color, etc. You really just need a few accessories--I wouldn''t overdo it. The dress is fabulous and really doesn''t need anything to upstage it. Beautiful!!!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Choo Choo,
It is a very elegant dress, and you are SO cute!!! I really agree with Mara on this one too. The dress has such understated elegance. I wouldn''t touch the dress, but you could jazz it up with jewelry and veil.

Although I think that many dresses that have sashes are quite lovely, they seem to be very IN this year. Yours is a dress that will always look elegant, I don''t think that you should modernize it at all. I especially LOVE the neckline! What a lovely dress!!!!!
36.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Since it doesn''t seem to have a defined waist, if you do add anything, I''d go with a sash not a brooch.

I''m also with Mara on this. You look G O R G E O U S in the gown, it''s elegant, simple but interesting. I''d play with your jewelry and veil first before messing with dress accessories. Do you want your hair up or down? That will help define the style you''re going for and should help you pick appropriate accessories. If you wear your hair down, go with an elaborate veil and bracelets. If it''s up, I''d go with a larger tiara or substantial headpiece and dangly earrings or a necklace. Also, think about the style of your ceremony and reception. If you''re having a garden wedding, play down the accessories. If it''s in Buckingham Palace, you can get away with more jewelry. But I''d stay away from anything at the waist. It would take attention away from the rich bustling in the skirt, IMO.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I love your dress.. as I believe I have told you on the knot!! It looks so fantastic on you! Its a gorgeous dress.. and I like sashes.. but I don''t think its a dress that would take a sash very well.. What makes your dress so beautiful is the simplicity of the bodice..

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts, and for the very very nice compliments! I think I'm going to skip the sash, as it might change the look of the dress too much. I'm not ruling out a brooch yet... but it might be fun to add interest with an embroidered veil. I've been having the hardest time finding veils I like in my budget, though - I don't want any poof at the top, and every embroidered veil seems to have a ton of it.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies! I need your opinions on which of these two Erica Koesler veils would look better with my dress. I plan to wear my hair in a chignon at the nape of the neck, and the veil above that at the back of the head. Thank you for your thoughts!

1. Short scalloped embroidered veil:
627-30_jpg.jpg

or

2. Simple floor length veil with ribbon trim - concern here is that it will be too poofy in the back
28_1_sbl.JPG

Back view
7d_1_sbl.JPG

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Choo, I think both veils would look beautiful with the dress..I''d be more inclined to go with the longer one. I think that veil with some beautiful simple jewlerly and you''ll be stunning..I mean you already are in that dress and aren''t totally done up.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
hmmmm...i am usually hugely biased towards longer veils, but for some reason i''m liking the shorter veil on you with this dress. i thnk it will look sweet and really showcase your dress. however i also think long veils look good with almost any dress, and this dress is no exception so you can''t go worng either way! i looooove the dress on you by the way! i think it looks beter on you than the model
1.gif
. and that bustle is abs fab!!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the shorter veil so it doesn''t cover up the bustling on the back of the dress.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 1:20:12 PM
Author: selflove
I vote for the shorter veil so it doesn''t cover up the bustling on the back of the dress.

I agree.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 1:29:47 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 3/7/2006 1:20:12 PM

Author: selflove

I agree.

ditto

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Yep.. definitely the shorter veil!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 6:15:48 PM
Author: MelissaSue
Yep.. definitely the shorter veil!!!
Ditto. I don''t like where the longer veil will end on the dress. If the longer veil is cathedral, then I would vote for that but I am partial to them.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!! It looks a treat on you, if you want color you could always add some to you earrings or your shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results