shape
carat
color
clarity

some days you''re the windshield, some days...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
you''re the bug
7.gif

I was at the lab, yet again, at 8:30pm tonight looking at a long night tonight and an early morning tomorrow and my plate of samples, a whole week''s worth of working my butt off plus 5 patients'' worth of fairly rare samples, totally lost when the centrifuge dumps my plate for no apparent reason!!!

And then I think there is no way the proposal is coming tomorrow night - bf basically said as much in the car
8.gif

So now I have a week''s worth of work lost, no proposal, and tons more work to do, plus a huge decision about where I want to do my thesis work, and finals for this quarter, again with likely no proposal to help "ease the pain"...
7.gif

OK, I"m going to try to not feel so sorry for myself now, but some days just suck
3.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
amber- I''m sorry you had a bad day!!
7.gif
Try not to get too down, because you will be engaged SOON.. even if not tomorrow (or is he trying to convince you otherwise?). I didn''t have the greatest day at work either.. so I know how that feels!! It will get better!

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Amber--

I''m so sorry you had a bad day. Research can''t be perfect otherwise everyone would do it right?
2.gif
I think getting through all the bad times and having the endurance to get through the days you feel like a "bug" are what make the PhD degree so impressive.

At least you know the ring is coming soon. In a few years a few days won''t seem like much
2.gif

Let us know as soon as it happens!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Amber...sorry to hear about your bad day. Although him waiting on the proposal might be a good thing, b/c maybe he wants to wait until things slow down a little for you. Plus once you get that ring on your hand you won''t even be thinking about school, and will be wanting to show and tell everyone and get started on some major wedding planning. I hope you have a great weekend. Happy Friday!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And then, as though life isn''t stressful or sucky enough at that moment, you get a call at 3pm Friday afternoon - your mother, at a conference in San Diego (we live in SF) has symptoms of a blood clot in her leg, and has been given permission by her doctor to fly but must be picked up and whisked off immediately to the emergency room upon landing.

So please send your good thoughts ladies, we could sure use them...

Thanks
7.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
AG, sending lots of good thoughts to you and your mom--hope she is safely back in SF and under her doctor''s care!! Keep us posted! GOOD VIBES!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks blue - mom is fine, which is good. But obviously no proposal last night (now that would have been a bad time to propose!). Thanks for the good thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results