shape
carat
color
clarity

Some Asscher questions ??? thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
cant tell color by the JA pics the lighting isnt fit for it.

not sure if the 3d is the actual diamond or not but the magnified image is.

g is white in an asscher.
Im off to bed for the night will check in later today.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Repertoire doesn't look like it'll accomodate a wedding band to sit flush ? And just in case you can't set an outside diamond into a HOF setting...

http://www.dimendscaasi.com/engagement/ds-signature/pages/1-E2-S.asp (I'm pretty sure this is a Danhov, which James Allen carries, but is not shown on their site. There is another one http://www.jamesallen.com/designer_jewelry/meno_collection_by_danhov.asp?module=setting&cid=294&item=74 but it has more metal

However, this style doesn't have the cathedral like the Repertoire, but you can't really tell from a top down view.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/under-1ct-diamonds.25028/page-13 angie's ring, 10th post down

How a band can sit flush underneath a halo: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/as-etta-james-would-croon-at-last.27786/=

Atariman1

Rough_Rock
The good news is that I have found a jeweler who can get the Repertoire, and let me set my own stone in there
(however their diamonds are way over priced). HOF actually makes a matching wedding bands that sits
flush. Those other settings you linked were also very sharp. However, I think I am definitely set on the HOF setting (still not
sure on WG or P, but I can figure that out after I find my stone).

I am starting to stress way to much about picking the perfect asscher, I guess I am trying to find the fantasy:

Perfect photo with these stats...
Carat weight: 1.00 -1.25
Crown Height: 10-15%
Cut: PERFECTION
Color: D - F
Clarity: VS1 ish
Depth %: 62-68%
Table %: 58-62%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.00 x 6.00
Length/width ratio: 1.00

Where is this perfect Asscher for under 8K.....LOL.....I just want to find it so I can ask her to marry me already
30.gif

Storm-
are there any other online reputable vendors you recommend for Asschers, who also have photos who I should check out? Blue Nile has a large selection, but does not provide photos. James Allen has photos but not very many to choose from. I guess I need you to pick it for me, because for some reason I just can''t do it, and I need to start sleeping again

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Contact Tim at www.goodoldgold.com and set him hunting is a good next step.
They are my fav for asschers.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
perfection doesnt exist as close as ya can get is kicken

Atariman1

Rough_Rock
I can live with Kicken
31.gif

Do you know if James Allen can provide crown height info or any fancy gemscope or lighting pics?

I know I am starting to sound redundant now.....prob lack of sleep......

So if you were purchasing an Asscher and your budget for the stone was $5,500 - $7,000
(but would go up to 8K if it blew away everything else). And your options are(WHICH ONE DO YOU BUY):

$7,950
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=898596

$7,120
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=862602

$5,770
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=862598

5) $6,610
Crown Height 18.5%
Carat weight: 1.08
Cut: Very Good
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 67.9%
Table %: 60%
Girdle: Slightly thick
Measurements: 5.75 x 5.74 x 3.90 mm

10) $7,194
Crown Height 13.4%
Carat weight: 1.04
Cut: Very Good
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 66.3%
Table %: 60%
Culet: Small
Measurements: 5.75 x 5.74 x 3.81 mm

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

Atariman1

Rough_Rock
THANKS AGAIN!

I called James Allen and they are pulling sarin reports on all 3 of those diamonds for me, I will
post the stats as soon as I have them(just want to make sure the crown height is not 6% or 23% etc).

Have people on this site purchased from James Allen before and all had positive experiences?

PS
What does RAish mean?

Also the spinning 3D diamond is just for show and not the actual diamond.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Royal Asscher. if youre just getting the stone, it'll be fine. sometimes people have had problems with settings (4 prongs instead of 6, things like that)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2006 1:42:51 PM
Author: Atariman1

THANKS AGAIN!

I called James Allen and they are pulling sarin reports on all 3 of those diamonds for me, I will
post the stats as soon as I have them(just want to make sure the crown height is not 6% or 23% etc).

Have people on this site purchased from James Allen before and all had positive experiences?

PS
What does RAish mean?

Also the spinning 3D diamond is just for show and not the actual diamond.
JamesAllen and his other company dirtcheapdiamonds have likely thousands of happy customers over the years here.
Jim and his crew are good people.

RA is Royal Asscher they are expensive branded asschers with a certain look, that stone has that look.

Atariman1

Rough_Rock
Still waiting on the Sarin report, should have that tomm afternoon.....then I am finally going to
order one of these bad boys.

Carat weight: 1.25
Cut: Ideal
Certificate: GIA
Depth: 68.7%
Table: 62%
Polish: Excellent - Ideal
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: STK
Measurements: 6.02*6.00*4.12
Ratio: 1.00

Asscher 1.25.jpg

Atariman1

Rough_Rock
Carat weight: 1.15
Color: E
Depth: 68.3%
Table: 60%
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: Thick
Measurements: 5.88*5.84*3.99
Ratio: 1.01

Asscher 1.15.jpg

Atariman1

Rough_Rock
Carat weight: 1.03
Color: G
Depth: 68.6%
Table: 61%
Polish: Very Good
Measurements: 5.72*5.70*3.91
Ratio: 1.00

Asscher 1.03.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if price is not an issue, i would go with the largest one. not just because it is the largest but i do like the look of it and the numbers look good. actually, i like them in the order of exactly how you listed them. those would be my picks from top to bottom.
have fun deciding!
you will feel sooo much better when this is a done deal and you have that baby (whichever one you choose
2.gif
) in your hands.
36.gif

Atariman1

Rough_Rock
Here is the one for the 1.15 http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=862602

What do you think about the Proportion showing up as POOR
(this has even a higher 43.3% crown angle)? Is this still a keeper?

How important are the crown angle and proportion?

I am hoping that the 1.25 comes back with solid stats.

SARIN 862602.jpg

Atariman1

Rough_Rock
Looks like I was getting worried for nothing (man I have a lot to learn about this stuff).

reply from James Allen: "poor rating. If you notice on the report, all of the depths and angles were given an "excellent" rating by the sarin machine. However, the machine does not recognize that we want radiant diamonds to be square, so it defaults to a "poor" overall rating. Again, you can see that this is just a result of the machine not being calibrated for those stones, as all of the depths and angles were given "excellent" ratings."

So do we agree with James Allen on the reports?

I will post the Sarin for the 1.25 as soon as I have it.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a total amateur at asschers, but I really like the 1.15. The picture looks great to me, the crown height is good, and everything else looks great too. I''d love to have an E colored diamond!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2006 11:18:28 AM
Looks like I was getting worried for nothing (man I have a lot to learn about this stuff).

reply from James Allen: 'poor rating. If you notice on the report, all of the depths and angles were given an 'excellent' rating by the sarin machine. However, the machine does not recognize that we want radiant diamonds to be square, so it defaults to a 'poor' overall rating. Again, you can see that this is just a result of the machine not being calibrated for those stones, as all of the depths and angles were given 'excellent' ratings.'

So do we agree with James Allen on the reports?

I will post the Sarin for the 1.25 as soon as I have it.
there machine doesnt have an asscher setting it looks like....
the numbers look fine so far the only real usefull info is the crowwn height the rest is in the pictures or the cert.
they are both fine so far....still kicken

Atariman1

Rough_Rock
So when you look at the Pics of the 1.03, 1.15, and 1.25 how would you categorize each:

Wide Step, Bright Drop, or Narrow Step?

3Afacetsasschers.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.15 bright drop
1.03 variation of the wide step
1.25 variation of the narrow step or multi step - RA style.

Honestly it boils down to which type do you like the looks of better?
All 3 will look kicken

Atariman1

Rough_Rock
Strmrdr-

Well they were finally able to pull the Sarin for the 1.25 asscher
(http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=898596)

The Crown Height is 17.0%

I am kind of leaning toward this one since it has the RAish characteristics and is also a 1.25 C.

Now that you have have all the numbers and have seen the photo, is this still KICKEN?

Can you take another quick look.......if you give the thumbs up I am ordering???

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2006 3:49:20 PM
Strmrdr-

Well they were finally able to pull the Sarin for the 1.25 asscher
(http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=898596)

The Crown Height is 17.0%

I am kind of leaning toward this one since it has the RAish characteristics and is also a 1.25 C.

Now that you have have all the numbers and have seen the photo, is this still KICKEN?

Can you take another quick look.......if you give the thumbs up I am ordering???
thumbs up
congrates!!!!!
kicken asscher :}

Atariman1

Rough_Rock
The 1.25 asscher arrived and I tried taking a few photos while it was in it''s tension clasp........boy are these babies hard to shoot.

asscher1xxvvxx.jpg

Atariman1

Rough_Rock
I need a better camera.
19.gif

asscher2xxvvxx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results