shape
carat
color
clarity

Solstice knife edge setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CurlyM-C

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know where I can find a picture of this setting? I think it maybe exactly what I want, but I''ve only seen the pic in GOG''s Stuller catalog. I''m considering the 6 low prong in platinum. It looks a little less heavy than the bombe shank. I''m obsessed with the shape of prongs. I don''t like the blades for prongs on "Tiffany style" solitaires. I love the true Tiffany prongs, but don''t like how tall the knife edge shank is on the reproductions. This looks a little less severe.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I adore the Solstice head. I have a 4 prong low set Solstice head on my wedding ring but if I were to get a solitaire, I think I''d go with the 6 prong medium height head.

I think this is the knife edge:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
This is the solstice but NOT the peg head. See how the head sits right IN the band? I think the peg head sits up higher on top of a base, like the picture above.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2005 10:13:25 AM
Author:CurlyM-C
I love the true Tiffany prongs, but don''t like how tall the knife edge shank is on the reproductions. This looks a little less severe.
NiceIce (and probably others too) make two versions of Tiffany-like rings: one with knife edge, one without link to relevant page. The version with the rounded shank is presented with a diamond placed on but not set - this is why the prongs look weird. No good ?

I think there is a Solstice setting on "Show me the ring"... if you have the patience to look.
31.gif
The prongs look quite a bit more "substantial" than either Tifany''s or the "Tiffany style" versions out there.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Another:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I love this setting! This is the peg head:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Last one:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results