shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitare with wedding band in a different width?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have pics of a plain solitare with a wedding band that is either thicker or thinner than the e ring? I love the simple, sleek look of plain bands with a beautiful diamond, but I like them to look not super "matchy-matchy." My e ring is 2.5 mm thick, and I am thinking about going with a 3mm wedding band? Who would have thought that picking out a simple platinum band could be so complicated! :)

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Picking a wedding band is a really big decision! Take your time and have fun with it! I recommend going to a jewelry store and trying on different sizes and styles, who knows what you''ll fall in love with.

My wedding ring and e-ring are the same widths, so posting a pic won''t really help you. A lady I work with wears a 5mm wedding band with her 2mm ering and it looks lovely! Not all women call pull that look off though.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ditto, you need to try some and on find that one that''s just right for your eyes. It will be fun checking out all those jewellery stores anyway
11.gif

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
That''s true, I love any excuse to go into a jewelry store :)

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
My wedding band and ering are different, and I love the look.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Tuckins1 linked this thread for me in my own thread. I found it very helpful.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Lavatea! That was very helpful!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding band is approx 8mm wide 18k yellow gold with a white gold bezel set 0.46 diamond heart. Worn together with my er which is a 4 claw solitaire.
1.gif

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I love your set Monnyjay! It is so unique!!!!!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Thank''s ER, I am going to change my solitaire to 6 claw (have not decided what design yet, still looking). I do love wide band rings though. Sometimes I think you need to try some different style on with your er to get ideas. You might love something you have seen in a pic but it might not be as nice on. It''s great fun looking
35.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if you can see it well, but I have a 2.5 mm solitaire that I wear with a 3 mm diamond band. You can see the pic in my avatar ...

I do like the look of them together. I think that your solitiare would look great with a 3 mm band, or 2.5 mm if you want them to match exactly.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the input everyone! I think I am going to go with a 3mm comfort fit band and then add some stacking rings over the years :)

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds like a great idea EHR, Whitby has a gorgeous collection, there are so many different combinations you can go on forever

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 2:44:31 PM
Author: EHR2009
Thanks for the input everyone! I think I am going to go with a 3mm comfort fit band and then add some stacking rings over the years :)
I think that''s a great idea. Your ring is so stunning, I think that a plain band will really set it off best.

It''s really a lot of fun to add stacking bands over the years. They make great anniversary gifts or push presents
emteeth.gif
I have added several different stacking bands over the past couple of years, and it''s a lot of fun to mix and match them. In fact, I now wish that I had started off with a plain band as a wedding band - I still don''t have one of those! A plain band is great because you can wear it all the time, and not have to take it off to clean, or sleep, or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results