shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitare or 3 stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I am sure this topic has been covered before, but I can''t seem to find a thread on it. I have a 1.1 round brilliant stone in a temp. white gold solitare setting. I am getting ideas for a new setting and wanted to know what you guys think....should I go with a platinum solitare setting such as the WF tiffany or legato or should I go for a 3 stone ring from Ritani or Leon? I know they are 2 totally different looks, but was just curious what others would think. Oh, and I have a thin pave wedding band to go with it. Thanks in advance for the opinions and feel free to post pics of your choices!

soprano87

Rough_Rock
I have a solitaire and a thin pave band, and I absolutely love it! I get so many compliments on how classic and elegant it is. Settings have become so incredibly intricate, that somehow a solitaire has become somewhat rare!

You can see my rings here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thanks-pricescope-markt-cushion-leon-setting-quest-band.71222/

The solitaire is by Leon, and I absolutely love it!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
A Leon is always a great choice
30.gif

This is one of my favorite Leon''s with a round stone:

yummers.leon.3.stone.round.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on what you like. For my e-ring, I choose a solitaire. For my RHR (which I am upgrading), it''ll be a 3 stone Leon ring.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
beautiful rings ladies....Chrono, that is the problem...I like both styles equally. Maybe I should do the solitare now and the 3 stone as a RHR in the future
11.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
As many will point out, it really depends on you and your taste, your style, etc.. Of course that goes without saying, and if you were sure which was you, you probably wouldnt'' be asking!
2.gif

So, it it were me, personally, I am not a solitaire girl. Although I appreciate their classic simplicity, and I love many of the beautiful ones PSers have, on myself and for myself I much prefer some sidestones. Also, since your wedding band is a thin pave band, I think a 3 stone with a thin pave shank would be awesome. For me, again, if one has a very blingy e-ring next to a very blingy w-band, it can be too much, but a thin pave band is sparkly without being too much, and the look of a nice 3-stone e-ring w/ pave shank next to it would be lovely.

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
When I first started looking at rings, I too, contemplated a 3 stone ring.
33.gif
I first thought all rounds, then I really fell in love with a princess and trillion sides, three stone
31.gif
....in the end I changed my mind, and decided on a solitaire. For me, I really wanted an eternity band and with a 3 stone, I didn''t feel that it would sit as nicely as I would want it. Then I started liking the solitaire eternity band look. It just looks so classic. So I ended up with a solitaire round in a Cartier replica setting.
30.gif
I absolutely love it! Now I can get an eternity to go with my solitaire. I think it''s all a matter of preference. WF legato setting is very nice, I contemplated that one too! I contemplated a lot. Halos, pave, side stones, you name it I loved it all. There are just soooo many choices, and so few fingers. UGH.
7.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
My vote would be a solitaire, especially against a beautiful pave band.
I think it''s all personal preference. Please be sure to post pics once you decide!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi steph! while searching for my reset i found many three stone RB rings that i just loved. there is something about them, they can be done so beautifully. whatever you choose in the end, i would say go for leon either way! his work is just so elegant that a solitaire by him is something to behold. good luck, and have fun searching!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 11:37:36 AM
Author: poshpepper
A Leon is always a great choice
30.gif

This is one of my favorite Leon''s with a round stone:
OH MY STARS, I think I just found what I''d like to upgrade my RB solitaire to one day!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you are wanting more bling, with a 1.1 stone, I''d do the ritani 3-stone. i''ve tried in on and it''s just so beautiful and proportioned perfectly. I love the leon 3-stone but honestly think it would have more impact with larger center stone. A solitaire is always a wonderful classic choice. I had a plain solitaire for 6 years and if I were going to just reset a 1 carat stone, I''d definitely go the 3-stone route. try to get into some jewelry stores though and see if that can help you decide. for some, the solitaire is just the best choice, for others, they feel like something is missing and really like the look of the sides plus the extra finger coverage they provide. you really can''t make a wrong choice here, all your options would be beautiful.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like (and have) both! My e-ring is a solitaire pear and my anniversary/RHR is a RB three stone. I think that both looks are equally beautiful, but it is a personal choice.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm, maybe I will go with a solitare with a head that can be changed out in case the upgrade bug hits again
11.gif

susi

Shiny_Rock
Steph, have you tried a pave band with your solitaire? Small pave can really bring out the sparkle of an already beautiful single stone. I thought of this option and have always loved this look.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking about this question (solitaire vs. 3 stone) and I thought I should clarify, as far as my answer, when I think "solitaire" I think, NO DIAMONDS anywhere except center stone - all metal shank. So when I say I am not a solitaire girl, that''s what I''m thinking of. If there is pave or any tiny diamonds or melee or anything on a solitaire-style ring, to add a little sparkle to the shank, then I like it much better.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Three stone from Leon.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results